JD dirtybird21

Report: Jarrett’s agent is asking for Donald money

111 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, falcons007 said:

The link quotes what Dave Archer said on 92.9. Nothing new, Jarrett isn’t getting top 5 money.

Either way, we should have paid GJ when we had a chance.. The price is going to keep going up, idk what TD was thinking on this guy

Vandy and falcons007 like this

5 hours ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

That lies the problem. Jarrett is not in the same ballpark.

Hes not even in Top 5 of DTs in sacks...

His contract should be $12-15 mil, no more....

If this team wouldn’t pay Poe $8 mil/yr on a multi year deal, they can’t pay Grady...

Hes not worth it...

what? Grady's 100 times better than Poe...what are you on brah

16 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Either way, we should have paid GJ when we had a chance.. The price is going to keep going up, idk what TD was thinking on this guy

May be GJ didn’t agree. Falcons can easily tag him. 

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

4 hours ago, caponine said:

i still say they gave Free too much money exactly for whats happening now. 30 mil would be good **** even 32/33 mil. Personally , Julio i dont think is the top receiver in the league and shouldnt be paid as the highest but thats what he wants

Free got the market going rate. And Julio isn't the highest paid reciever. Well of course he wants that. It would be stupid for him to not want it. The question is will he get it

1 hour ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

It IS possible that Grady refused to sign contract offers from the front office

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

Falcons have been overvaluing or undervaluing players for years. They never trade their starters for picks or collateral. They never trade down in the draft to fill out a roster and when they do find a winning formula they immediately default on it by the next year. So i say ef it give Grady as much cash as he wants. We overpayed Trufant, Freeman & Ryan and then want to get rid of a guy like Alford for having a down season smh. Same old Falcons, same old fans.

Looking at some of posts in here.....Never understood why folks get so bent out of shape when it’s time for players to get paid. In Jarrett’s case especially, He’s played like a 1st round pick since day 1 we drafted him....in 5th round.....vastly underpaid his entire NFL career in ATL while seeing others all around him being taken care of financially.

I hope he gets every dollar coming to him.

Archer just post a tweet saying he doesn't know any inside info on the contract negotiations....

This why I sit these convos out... No disrespect but unless it's somebody like rapsheet or shefty... I'm not paying attention to it... it's just ppl opinion

Geneaut, Lowndesfalc, JDaveG and 1 other like this

If there is any truth to the OP's link (didn't read it), then the FO is in perfect position to pivot their plans. 

This draft not only has top notch quality at the DT position, it has real depth.  The FO simply uses free agency to shore up the OL and the draft to add quality DT's (plural) to the roster.  

In the end, I think Jarrett gets paid $12M/year and he will be a Falcon.  

59 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Looking at some of posts in here.....Never understood why folks get so bent out of shape when it’s time for players to get paid. In Jarrett’s case especially, He’s played like a 1st round pick since day 1 we drafted him....in 5th round.....vastly underpaid his entire NFL career in ATL while seeing others all around him being taken care of financially.

I agree.  However, he is not worth $22M/year.  He just is not.  But he is worth half of that, for sure.  

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

It’s same on TATF before every big signing that player will make too much money. TD will sign a reasonable contract. I probably think falcons will pay Grady what’s he is worth, not AD money but good enough deal. He is getting paid.

Vandy and Geneaut like this

So Archer is the Falcons version of Kawakami for the 49ers? Kawakami makes up stuff about the ninahs for clicks too. They all want that first chance story. 

1 hour ago, Flying Falcon said:

Thanks to Matt Ryan

Absolutely,  he broke the bank and in my opinion Julio should have got paid more...hes the only reason Ryan's has crazy stats and pathetic defense.

Since opponents can score quickly on us....hes back outhere making up on his passing yards and T.Ds 

I love Matt Ryan...hes definitely ELITE Q.B but, now we have witnessed whats the state of the Q.BS team who got monumental deal without leaving anything to around.

Detroit

Packers

Falcons

Raiders 

49ers 

Cardinals ( Sam Bradford deal) 

Teams like Patriots,  Saints, Steelers, Ravens did not overpay their Supebowl Winning Q.bs....did they? And, see mostly all contenders year after year and with balanced rosters across.

I truly believe front office has totally failed us by ignoring trenches since 2012 especially on defensive side of ball.

Not sure how many meltdowns will it take for Falcons to see next 3 or 5 years of how NFL has evolving with young mobile, Q.Bs who are at an advantage becase of soo many rule changes which favors offense.

Flying Falcon likes this