JD dirtybird21

Report: Jarrett’s agent is asking for Donald money

111 posts in this topic

Man I wish I was Grady's agent right about now. We would get paid. Have the Falcons in a vice grip. Arguably best or second best defender on the team. Team leader. 10th in sacks and 14th in QB Hits among DTs, with two full games left. Two years younger than Donald. Probably second best DT at his age in the league. I'm sure I could go to market and find him a lucrative deal. Dimi already tried to low ball him. 

2 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Man I wish I was Grady's agent right about now. We would get paid. Have the Falcons in a vice grip. Arguably best or second best defender on the team. Team leader. 10th in sacks and 14th in QB Hits among DTs, with two full games left. Two years younger than Donald. Probably second best DT at his age in the league. I'm sure I could go to market and find him a lucrative deal. Dimi already tried to low ball him. 

We could always tag him for a year, but you know we need this guy for the long haul.

You're right, he's probably the #1 DT as a FA on everyone's radar if we don't sign him.

1 hour ago, The O.D.B said:

He was always going to be close that Donald money anyway, no shock here. 

The Rams really did make things tough on other teams by what they paid AD. Anyone who has a DT that's in the same convo as AD is gonna get paid. 

He really shouldn't though. Donald is an all time great Dlineman. Mabey the best DT ever. Grady is a good player but not close to Donalds level. 

1 hour ago, falconut1991 said:

Sorry, he's a real good, but not $22M/year good.  I'd hit him with the tag, from what they say a little north of $13/year.  He's just not one of the best at his position, which isn't a negative, just reality.

But this is the thing,is Cousins or Jimmy G that good and what did they get 27.5 per and Cousins 90 mill plus guaranteed are they that good.

It has zero to do with how good they are seriously and while I feel Jarretts agent is posturing and trying to get him the best deal possible and basically doing his job.I think both sides will give a little and meet somewhere in the middle.

HouseofEuphoria likes this

5 minutes ago, Bobby.Digital said:

Grady is a good player but not close to Donalds level. 

I think he's close, but not 22 mil close.

FFS70 said the franchise tag would be around 13.8 mil for DT next year? 

That's not a bad negotiating number.

g-dawg and PokerSteve like this

1 minute ago, kiwifalcon said:

But this is the thing,is Cousins or Jimmy G that good and what did they get 27.5 per and Cousins 90 mill plus guaranteed are they that good.

It has zero to do with how good they are seriously and while I feel Jarretts agent is posturing and trying to get him the best deal possible and basically doing his job.I think both sides will give a little and meet somewhere in the middle.

Gradys' huge advantage is he's prime age for big contract.

Gotta look good to alot of teams.

I mean, if we were looking for an impact FA and this guy was there...

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

Just now, HouseofEuphoria said:

Gradys' huge advantage is he's prime age for big contract.

Gotta look good to alot of teams.

I mean, if we were looking for an impact FA and this guy was there...

That’s the option exactly the FO will have in place if Grady’s agent wants to stick with that sought of line of thought then we let someone else pay that money and we go find our FA with the cash planned for him or double dip in the draft.

HouseofEuphoria likes this

11 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

That’s the option exactly the FO will have in place if Grady’s agent wants to stick with that sought of line of thought then we let someone else pay that money and we go find our FA with the cash planned for him or double dip in the draft.

He could be a great bargaining chip, but i really hope he signs a cap friendly contract.

It's win - win for us.

PokerSteve likes this

As my team is looking at the same situation, I think the tag is gonna be around 13.5 to 14.5. What is he worth to your team? Is he worth that much. The Rams are all in for this year...that is why the hardball there. They are trying to rebuild a franchise in L.A. that has not been there in a while. And the Chargers are doing the same. Hence the Aaron Donald signing. 2 teams battling out for fan base. 

vitaman likes this

48 minutes ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

It never hurts to ask. Of course they will ask for the max. 

Do you go into your boss's office and ask for a ridiculous pay increase?  In all likelihood, your boss says "let me think about it" or maybe immediately says "sorry I cannot do that" and points to his/her salary limits or budget.  It may have not hurt immediately to ask for it but in the long term, the boss is thinking about replacing you, shifting your work to others, or transferring you.

If you go into your boss's office with a reasonable pay increase, he/she is more likely to feel your pain and thinks of ways to pacify you and keep you around.  He/She also realizes a slight increase for you is not going to cause other co-workers to start complaining about not getting a raise if they find out.

1 hour ago, youngbloodz said:

Well you should know in good negotiations there is compromise. So I fail to understand why you think they gave in to Free and Julio when neither are the highest paid at their position 

i still say they gave Free too much money exactly for whats happening now. 30 mil would be good **** even 32/33 mil. Personally , Julio i dont think is the top receiver in the league and shouldnt be paid as the highest but thats what he wants

1 hour ago, jlrfalcon said:

Donald - 6 years, $135 million ($87 million guaranteed) - $22.5 million/year, Defensive POY, 5 Pro Bowls, 2018 NFL Top Player #7

Jarrett - ? years, $? million, 2018 Week 15 Defensive POTW, ZERO Pro Bowls, not even in top 100

Grady is good and valuable but the guy is not even comparable to what Donald has done so far in this league.  If the Falcons were to even try to pay him this much, they might as well not plan to resign Deion Jones, Keanu Neal, and would certainly dump Beasley before March 1. 

I really sense that with this dumb agent around that Grady is going to have to be franchise-tagged and actually will probably risk having an injury in 2019 or a decline in performance that will cause his value to decrease.

He is probably worth a 4-5 year deal at $50-$60 million but not twice that like Aaron Donald got.  Any team that did sign him to a Donald-like deal is a bunch of idiots in the long term.

Didn't we all know from the jump his agent was going to do exactly this? AD money for Jarrett ~ you know that slang thing they use on the internet ~ LOL ~ welp, I'm literally laughing out loud considering the absurdity of that amount.

g-dawg and RING OF HONOR like this

2 hours ago, The O.D.B said:

The Rams really did make things tough on other teams by what they paid AD. Anyone who has a DT that's in the same convo as AD is gonna get paid. 

Is he though? Donald has more sacks in this season than jarrett does for his whole career. Donald is an all time talent. Jarrett has never made a pro bowl. I like the guy. He’s a great player. But he’s not a top 5 defensive player in this league, probably not even top 10. Donald is 1 or 2 

Slap the franchise tag on him. He hasn’t made much money as a 5th rounder, so he has no leverage to holdout.

The ymtwg also is a big risk for DTs in the league....huge injury risk the way teams are shying in DTs in the league the last two FA cycles....

Weve got Jarrett for two more years whether he likes it or not, but I’d do the tag then let him walk and get that company pick.

By that time we will have seen whatever rookies we get plus Senat...

And there are cheaper options out there that are maybe a fraction less in talent...

I will be roasted, but Grady is the most overrated player on this team...that’s not to say he’s bad, just not as good as many think...

g-dawg likes this

2 hours ago, The O.D.B said:

Yep, as they did with Gurley's Contract. 

By the way, Grady Jarrett could have negotiated a new contract last season, because of his draft position. He played out his rookie contract, and continued to perform. 

I love Grady but he's not getting AD money. The FO has plenty of leverage to get this deal done reasonably with the tag. I'd say 5yr $77mill is fairly realistic. 

One final thing - Aaron Donald has been around 90% of the snaps for the Rams in 2018, but Grady has only been around 63% for the Falcons.  Even taking into account the fact Grady missed 2 games, he is usually only around 75% of the time.  On the other hand, players like Kazee, Deion Jones (when not injured), Trufant are around 90-100% of the time.  Neal was also near 100% in 2017.  Both Deion and Neal are going to look at Jarrett's pay and want more than him in a couple of years.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/atl/2018-snap-counts.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/ram/2018-snap-counts.htm

Dimi can’t go much over $16,000,000 on Grady.  As much as I like him, Debo is still the best defensive player and is an absolute must keep.  His presence will be evident over the final 3 games now that he is back in football shape.  He will likely set the linebacker market next year.  

But if we could get both Grady & Debo to take Jake Matthews’esque  contract I’d be thrilled.  

Edited by Falconsin2012

Grady is a borderline Pro Bowler. Donald is already one of the handful of best to ever play his position, and could very well be considered the GOAT in <5 years. Grady isn't getting AD money, from us or anybody else. 

PokerSteve likes this