2019 Sugar Bowl - #15 Texas vs #5 Georgia

There’s only so much Kirby and the coaches can do. True leadership comes from the players, not the coaches. It’s the coaches job to foster that and build an environment for it to work. We had that with the seniors last year but we are so young it’s been difficult to find those leaders. Tom Herman made similar comments after the game saying the coaches were no longer leading the team-the players were. Unlike us, Texas has a ton of seniors to lead them. I hope this is much improved next year.

I will say this about Fromm. As much as he’s touted as a team leader, I don’t see that fire and leadership from him on Saturdays. He never seems to show that fire on the sidelines. I know everybody has their own style but I think we could use some of that from him. Murray had the same demeanor early on in his career but really change his senior year. Fromm will be going into his junior year so maybe more of that will come. 

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, UAB_DAWG said:

Lots over overreaction over an exhibition game going on in this thread. Hiring a DC, a good offseason and dropping Chaney off at Golden Corral and leaving his *** at the buffet will go a long way to preparing for a championship run next season. 

There's no legitimate chance we fire Cheney right? I mean, I'd love it, but I don't think it's happening. Especially if there's a chance we lose Pittman over it.

31 minutes ago, UAB_DAWG said:

I will say this about Fromm. As much as he’s touted as a team leader, I don’t see that fire and leadership from him on Saturdays. He never seems to show that fire on the sidelines. I know everybody has their own style but I think we could use some of that from him. Murray had the same demeanor early on in his career but really change his senior year. Fromm will be going into his junior year so maybe more of that will come. 

Good observation.  There is a difference between being well liked & being a leader who demands respect

4 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Good observation.  There is a difference between being well liked & being a leader who demands respect

I try telling my foreman and Super's this all the time. It's okay to be nice....but you have to understand that business is business and we all are expected to DO OUR JOBS. And even though these are kids......their job is to play to their talent level every time they suit up. No excuses

9 minutes ago, Wardog357 said:

I try telling my foreman and Super's this all the time. It's okay to be nice....but you have to understand that business is business and we all are expected to DO OUR JOBS. And even though these are kids......their job is to play to their talent level every time they suit up. No excuses

Spot on.  For example, look at Matt Ryan.  He is well liked by everyone.  A nice guy by all accounts.  But when he looks at his receivers mid-way through the 2nd quarter and thunderously roars “GET FOOKING SET” on national TV, they get the message.  

Edited by Falconsin2012
43 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I have thought same.  If we are to believe all these insider accounts of player anarchy - where is the QB1 that led us to brink of a Natty last year - in all of that?

Kirby talked about the lack of leadership at beginning and throughout the year - there are some guys that are decent leaders (Ledbetter/Reed/Hardman) but none were totally obvious leader type guys.

With Fields now gone, I need more out of Jake in this department - that we should have gotten but didn’t this year.

16 hours ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

Media and fans are irrelevant.

If Kirby is any kind of coach, he should get a ton of mileage out of this. Much like Saban in 2008 when they just missed out on the SEC and rolled into the Sugar Bowl as huge favorites only to get embarrassed by Utah. They came out on a mission next year and won a National Title.

This was embarrassing and humiliating, but also a very valuable lesson to a young team. If Kirby is who we think he is, he's going to drive this lesson home for the next 9 months.

Please.  Kirby isn't Saban and Georgia ain't Bama.  During the last 35 years y'all are closer to South Carolina than you are Bama.

1 hour ago, AutumnEffect said:

There's no legitimate chance we fire Cheney right? I mean, I'd love it, but I don't think it's happening. Especially if there's a chance we lose Pittman over it.

I have no idea. I honestly doubt he goes anywhere but I don't think Pittman would bounce if Chaney is gone unless it's an ugly separation. 

5 hours ago, Carter said:

Amazing how we lose the way we did and now all these reports about how dysfunctional and horrible our bowl practices were come out from multiple credible people outside the UGA fanbase/echo chamber.

Several of the players were VERY angry at the way a lot of guys on the team were treating this game. During the game we had guys like Hardman and Holyfield on the sideline trying to get guys motivated and focused and they were straight up being ignored by most guys. Holly Rowe and Todd Blackledge both said that UGA practices were terrible and coaches had to sit guys, some starters, who weren’t putting in effort.

This is closer to Florida problems than Bama problems, without the championships to go with the entitlement attitudes. 

Personally I'm over the fact that we lost. Texas straight up outplayed, outcoached and BEAT US last night. What I’m not over is this bs attitude on our team and Kirby’s stubbornness with the offense and holding onto Jim Chaney. It’s not the same as when Bama lost to Utah or Oklahoma. Bama did not have rumors all season long about a #1 recruiting class full of entitled pricks who think they are God’s gift to the university. Kirby needs to get this **** in check or it will ruin the team and his career at UGA along with it. 

Agree. if HALF the stuff is true that's even been alluded to here then I'd be just fine with Kirby packing the bags of the worst ones and kicking them out the door.

2 hours ago, g-dawg said:

I have thought same.  If we are to believe all these insider accounts of player anarchy - where is the QB1 that led us to brink of a Natty last year - in all of that?

Kirby talked about the lack of leadership at beginning and throughout the year - there are some guys that are decent leaders (Ledbetter/Reed/Hardman) but none were totally obvious leader type guys.

With Fields now gone, I need more out of Jake in this department - that we should have gotten but didn’t this year.

I think Fromm is more of a buddy type guy. Guys love him cause he will go fishing and hunting with you and just fun to be around. Works hard at his craft but doesn't get into some ones backside when they whiff on a block that could cause him serious injury. I think he is good at patting someone on the helmet and saying shake it off...it'll be fine. But in football.....you have to have an inner drive and energy that commands accountability.

25 minutes ago, Carter said:

Only in his wildest dreams is South Carolina close to UGA’s level lmao... UGA has more bowl wins than South Carolina even has bowl appearances since they joined the SEC. :rolleyes:

Bowls?  I thought y'all just referred to those as "exhibitions" now in the other thread?  

How close are we?  We've won the same amount of national titles in the past 35+years.  Also, we've actually beaten Bama in the past ten years, unlike UGA. 

According to the homer logic on here, an actual win should be worth two national titles.  Right?  Didn't merely beating the spread make y'all CLEARLY the second best team in the country?

Lol...

UGA has 4 seasons of 6 or more losses since 1992 when South Carolina started competing in the SEC. Only one season with more than 6 losses (7th loss was in the bowl game). Three SEC titles.

Bama has 6 seasons of 6 or more losses since 1992. Four with more than 6 losses. Eight SEC titles.

South Carolina has 15 seasons of 6 or more losses since 1992. Seven seasons with more than 6 losses, including two with double digit losses and one winless. Zero SEC titles.

Georgia has totally been closer to South Carolina. :lol: Step up your game, troll.

1 hour ago, Carter said:

Lol...

UGA has 4 seasons of 6 or more losses since 1992 when South Carolina started competing in the SEC. Only one season with more than 6 losses (7th loss was in the bowl game). Three SEC titles.

Bama has 6 seasons of 6 or more losses since 1992. Four with more than 6 losses. Eight SEC titles.

South Carolina has 15 seasons of 6 or more losses since 1992. Seven seasons with more than 6 losses, including two with double digit losses and one winless. Zero SEC titles.

Georgia has totally been closer to South Carolina. :lol: Step up your game, troll.

Those are some pretty selective stats!  How many national titles do the three parties have since 1992 again?  

You've won 3 SEC championships in the past 35 plus years.   Better than USC?  You bet.  Comparable to Bama?  You're dreaming.  They're probably about to win their 6th NATIONAL title in this ten year window.  They've won 9 sec titles in the past 35 years (3 times as many as you)

So yeah, even if you think an SEC title is just as impressive as a national title (sounds like typical homer logic), I'd say you're closer to us than them.

You've got a ways to go until you can claim to be on Florida's level, much less Bama

No one at all is close to Bama in national titles so idk what your point even is. South Carolina is a dumpster juice program. Tulane has more championships than South Carolina. 

UGA owns the all time record vs Florida and is 5-3 against UF this decade. So find something else to crow about cuz this is lame.

7 minutes ago, Carter said:

No one at all is close to Bama in national titles so idk what your point even is. South Carolina is a dumpster juice program. Tulane has more championships than South Carolina. 

UGA owns the all time record vs Florida and is 5-3 against UF this decade. So find something else to crow about cuz this is lame.

My point is simple.  UGA isn't in the same league as Bama so the comparisons should stop (Bama vs Utah etc)