2019 Sugar Bowl - #15 Texas vs #5 Georgia

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Erik Stokes is also a good case for how sometimes just going off practice and who the coaches pick isn't the best indicator.

Dude buddy only got to stsrt half way through the year because Campbell was hot garbage. Was stokes really that much worse in practice? Cause right now he's easily our number one corner going into next year. 

Whose to say what would have happened if Fields got that chance.

Shoot. You could even go back to fromm last year. He couldn't beat out Fromm, but clearly is good in practice, and proved he was better than Eason when he got a chance to start. Fields never even got a crumb of a chance here. 

15 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

This game was likely lost before it ever started.  

We were out-gameplanned

We were  out-coached

We were out-motivated

I think more than Fromm, Fields is leaving cause Chaney can’t develop him as a QB to transition to the NFL.  Fields looked much better in the Spring game before Chaney started ruining him.  

And just wait until you see Eason with proper guidance.  Fromm should exit left while he still has a chance.  

Edited by Falconsin2012
2 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

As long as pittboss stays.. you can do whatever you want with Chaney 

Bobo and Kirby were groomsmen in Brandon Tolbert’s wedding and the three of them played together. I would love to see what Bobo could do with all these weapons if he ever becomes a free agent in future.

2 minutes ago, mike teevee said:

To be honest the loss doen’t really bother me too much. The only thing that was embarrassing was the tweets from the players and the fact that they couldn’t back it up. 

Yep. So they eliminated the game doesn't matter excuse. 

25 minutes ago, WOR said:

Erik Stokes is also a good case for how sometimes just going off practice and who the coaches pick isn't the best indicator.

Dude buddy only got to stsrt half way through the year because Campbell was hot garbage. Was stokes really that much worse in practice? Cause right now he's easily our number one corner going into next year. 

Whose to say what would have happened if Fields got that chance.

Shoot. You could even go back to fromm last year. He couldn't beat out Fromm, but clearly is good in practice, and proved he was better than Eason when he got a chance to start. Fields never even got a crumb of a chance here. 

A lot of folks are gonna be like “WTF?” when they see what Ryan Day and Ohio State do with Justin Fields.  The kid is sooo much better and Chaney wasted him.

1 minute ago, mike teevee said:

I think the opposite. They emphasized that they were better than the game they were in, that it was beneath them and then they came out and got smashed.

That's a great way of putting it.  If they believed that they were better than this game, which they clearly did, then its extremely difficult to get motivated no matter how much you may try to motivate yourself.

7 minutes ago, mike teevee said:

I think the opposite. They emphasized that they were better than the game they were in, that it was beneath them and then they came out and got smashed.

I guess that's another way to look at. Unfortunately, the media and fans across the nation won't buy that. 

Just now, sdogg said:

I guess that's another way to look at. Unfortunately, the media and fans across the nation won't buy that. 

Media and fans are irrelevant.

If Kirby is any kind of coach, he should get a ton of mileage out of this. Much like Saban in 2008 when they just missed out on the SEC and rolled into the Sugar Bowl as huge favorites only to get embarrassed by Utah. They came out on a mission next year and won a National Title.

This was embarrassing and humiliating, but also a very valuable lesson to a young team. If Kirby is who we think he is, he's going to drive this lesson home for the next 9 months.

1 minute ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

If Kirby is any kind of coach, he should get a ton of mileage out of this. Much like Saban in 2008 when they just missed out on the SEC and rolled into the Sugar Bowl as huge favorites only to get embarrassed by Utah. They came out on a mission next year and won a National Title.

This was embarrassing and humiliating, but also a very valuable lesson to a young team. If Kirby is who we think he is, he's going to drive this lesson home for the next 9 months.

Well said. 

2 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

This! Well said. I’m going with this.

Hopefully one of the lessons is not talking shlt on Twitter. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

I can definitely see this happening, but of all teams why Texas dang it. I want Texas to stay as irrelevant as possible they have one of more annoying fan-base in the world.