2019 Sugar Bowl - #15 Texas vs #5 Georgia

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, WOR said:

It's amazing how good fromm looks when there's more options than just a jump ball to the outside.....

Cough Chaney cough. 

He was off tonight, but he's always been better running tempo and passing in the spread.

Odd to push your chips into a QB and not play to their strengths more. I absolutely think he's capable of a 3000-3300 passing season.

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I don't have a dog in this fight but I think you're very wrong about what Jacob Eason's gonna do in Chris Peterson's offense in a weak conference. I'll be stunned if he's not a Heisman contender.

The elephant in the room: Chaney can’t develop quarterbacks. His run game covers the warts

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I don't have a dog in this fight but I think you're very wrong about what Jacob Eason's gonna do in Chris Peterson's offense in a weak conference. I'll be stunned if he's not a Heisman contender.

Just never saw accuracy with Eason.  He has a nice arm but something was missing with him at UGA.

1 minute ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

If Fields is so great and Fromm is just a game manager, then why couldn't Fields take the job? These coaches watched him practice every day. You would think they would see how much better Fields is, right?

Did you see him in high school.. he’s a legend

1 minute ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

If Fields is so great and Fromm is just a game manager, then why couldn't Fields take the job? These coaches watched him practice every day. You would think they would see how much better Fields is, right?

I'm not sure any of us cN say that. 

This offensive staff does seem to have a tendency to go with what works and fits their conservative style over what might be best at times. 

It's certainly possible fields was more talented in practice but Fromm is the conservative steady force they wanted. 

1 minute ago, usmcdirtybird said:

Dude, I had two losses and both were to you.  YYou had a heck of a year.  You have come a long way my friend.  

What hurt me was Brees and Zeke not playing that final game and me forgetting to take them out of the lineup. Ouch. This year is the first time I haven't been wrecked by injuries. Normally I get wrecked by injuries.

Just now, VoiceofReason95 said:

Think Eason is going to ball, and we ultimately need to ask questions about how things work offensively with Chaney, as I don't think Fields would've done that much better.

Probably not with Chaney’s play calling.

Lincoln Riley, Ryan Day and Clemson OC could coach Justin Fields.

There is no question the Chaney/Fields combo didn’t work.

Isaac Nauta has been our best receiving threat in games for the past 2 years. 

But this coaching staff barrreeslllyyyy uses him. 

I'm not sure we can really pull the "well if they're good they'll be the featured guy" with this staff. 

A lot they do doesn't make logical sense. 

2 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I saw with Mel Tucker an ability to make 2nd half adjustments.

Chaney seems incapable - if you stop his initial game plan, he’s done.

Did he even HAVE and initial game plan other than come out and do exactly what we've done all season against a team that is jacked up and had a month to prepare for us?

Edited by frankly88
2 minutes ago, WOR said:

Isaac Nauta has been our best receiving threat in games for the past 2 years. 

But this coaching staff barrreeslllyyyy uses him. 

I'm not sure we can really pull the "well if they're good they'll be the featured guy" with this staff. 

A lot they do doesn't make logical sense. 

He actually said in the Sugal Bowl press conference that he had "missed" how effective our TE's have been when they have been targeted and that he should target them more. :bang: