Carter

2019 Sugar Bowl - #15 Texas vs #5 Georgia

953 posts in this topic

UGA was very uninterested in that game. Got caught up thinking they were all world after nearly beating Bama. Also have to blame the game plan. Texas was vastly superior with their coaching. Rule #1 is never buy into your own hype.

LOL i went to sleep at half time, cause it just felt like they whole team and staff were off. Definitely like the WVU Bowl game 2006. When is UGA going to learn the only thing that matters is winning these games, cause you can't down play them and their importance, no matter who is playing or who isnt. Sure they can rebound from this,but a little more hard work a little more chopping wood they could have finished the best they could for the 2018 season.                       

I honestly wonder if this coaching staff prepared for the game any more than the players. It looked like Chaney randomly picked a game plan from earlier this year and said this will do. And we made no adjustments whatsoever.

Defensively we didn't look bad. Just pretty vanilla in the play calling until the end. Defense was also reacting to everything Texas did on offense vs attacking them.

Lot of blame to go around last night. From a fan perspective it sucks but does nothing to take away from next year's team or goals. As other have said, it's gonna be a long 9 months for the players if Kirby is worth his salt. 

And it's pretty sad how quickly guys can turn on our players. One week fromms a hero and the next he's a scrub game manager. Same goes for Fields after the transfer.

I think the coaches are having a difficult time with this younger very talented class. And I think the coaching staff is not willing to make enough in game adjustments. When Kirby was asked by a reporter how do you know your guys are ready to go...."I can see it in their eyes" maybe he saw red thinking it was anger and desire to win? Maybe bourbon street? Who know's

3 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

UGA was very uninterested in that game. Got caught up thinking they were all world after nearly beating Bama. Also have to blame the game plan. Texas was vastly superior with their coaching. Rule #1 is never buy into your own hype.

Hey! Lets do exactly what we've done all year, never mind the fact that a team has a month to prepare for what we do and key on our tendencies. Sounds like a great plan to me! 

m2Falcons likes this

37 minutes ago, Wardog357 said:

I think the coaches are having a difficult time with this younger very talented class. And I think the coaching staff is not willing to make enough in game adjustments. When Kirby was asked by a reporter how do you know your guys are ready to go...."I can see it in their eyes" maybe he saw red thinking it was anger and desire to win? Maybe bourbon street? Who know's

Well here’s to hoping that some of that is alleviated with a certain transfer 

m2Falcons and sdogg like this

Losing Mel and Kirby pulling double duty probably hurt us more than we think. my observations from last night:

1. Divaad looked like the real deal. i am excited to see him play. 

2. make Lecounte tackle. with. his arms. 

3. swift had an off night, but Herrien looked like he was shot out of a cannon. he needs to be considered for a bigger role in the offense. 

4. Fromm looked a little off, but the o-line did him no favors. missed assignments and guys were running free to him. 

5. defense did not look aggressive. 

6. i am going to miss ledbetter. 

m2Falcons likes this

1 hour ago, Wardog357 said:

It’s a good point about the younger guys running the asylum.  Kick one or two off the team instead of coddling them.  I can’t believe we had to bench players in practice because they were not interested.  What happens in 18 months when these kids are supposed to be the leaders on the team?  

m2Falcons, Wardog357 and 95Dawg like this

8 hours ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

Media and fans are irrelevant.

If Kirby is any kind of coach, he should get a ton of mileage out of this. Much like Saban in 2008 when they just missed out on the SEC and rolled into the Sugar Bowl as huge favorites only to get embarrassed by Utah. They came out on a mission next year and won a National Title.

This was embarrassing and humiliating, but also a very valuable lesson to a young team. If Kirby is who we think he is, he's going to drive this lesson home for the next 9 months.

Will said

95Dawg and m2Falcons like this

While it was a team loss, the book says if you hold Texas under 30 points we should win that game.  Defense was bad but held Longhorns to 28.  

1 hour ago, joefalco said:

Losing Mel and Kirby pulling double duty probably hurt us more than we think. my observations from last night:

1. Divaad looked like the real deal. i am excited to see him play. 

2. make Lecounte tackle. with. his arms. 

3. swift had an off night, but Herrien looked like he was shot out of a cannon. he needs to be considered for a bigger role in the offense. 

4. Fromm looked a little off, but the o-line did him no favors. missed assignments and guys were running free to him. 

5. defense did not look aggressive. 

6. i am going to miss ledbetter. 

Defense wasn't really the problem to me.   They got put in a lot of bad situations. 

9 hours ago, mike teevee said:

True, but I’ll like it if it dilutes A&M and OU talent levels because Texas gets a few more recruits. 

I know what you mean, but Baylor, TCU, and Houston are there for that too. I'm not to focused on TAMU we barely see them, but every so often unless Jimbo actually gets them to a SECCG if you know what I mean. Still this is probably as the other guy mentioned not motivated because they were lefted out, and I'm willing to say if Georgia played vs Clemson that it would have been a far better outcome.

1 hour ago, frankly88 said:

Defense wasn't really the problem to me.   They got put in a lot of bad situations. 

Opening drive was abismal. 

We played better in tge in the second half but missed tackles and out of position. 

52 minutes ago, Statick said:

Kirby had better learn to get his kids up to play, NC or not.

That was a mess last night.

Yep. Same thing happened vs Aub last year and LSU this year. Just total failure from the very top to the bottom. 

1 hour ago, joefalco said:

Opening drive was abismal. 

We played better in tge in the second half but missed tackles and out of position. 

Offense looked about 100 times worse

Amazing how we lose the way we did and now all these reports about how dysfunctional and horrible our bowl practices were come out from multiple credible people outside the UGA fanbase/echo chamber.

Several of the players were VERY angry at the way a lot of guys on the team were treating this game. During the game we had guys like Hardman and Holyfield on the sideline trying to get guys motivated and focused and they were straight up being ignored by most guys. Holly Rowe and Todd Blackledge both said that UGA practices were terrible and coaches had to sit guys, some starters, who weren’t putting in effort.

This is closer to Florida problems than Bama problems, without the championships to go with the entitlement attitudes. 

Personally I'm over the fact that we lost. Texas straight up outplayed, outcoached and BEAT US last night. What I’m not over is this bs attitude on our team and Kirby’s stubbornness with the offense and holding onto Jim Chaney. It’s not the same as when Bama lost to Utah or Oklahoma. Bama did not have rumors all season long about a #1 recruiting class full of entitled pricks who think they are God’s gift to the university. Kirby needs to get this **** in check or it will ruin the team and his career at UGA along with it. 

Amazing how we lose the way we did and now all these reports about how dysfunctional and horrible our bowl practices were come out from multiple credible people outside the UGA fanbase/echo chamber.

Several of the players were VERY angry at the way a lot of guys on the team were treating this game. During the game we had guys like Hardman and Holyfield on the sideline trying to get guys motivated and focused and they were straight up being ignored by most guys. Holly Rowe and Todd Blackledge both said that UGA practices were terrible and coaches had to sit guys, some starters, who weren’t putting in effort.

This is closer to Florida problems than Bama problems, without the championships to go with the entitlement attitudes. 

Personally I'm over the fact that we lost. Texas straight up outplayed, outcoached and BEAT US last night. What I’m not over is this bs attitude on our team and Kirby’s stubbornness with the offense and holding onto Jim Chaney. It’s not the same as when Bama lost to Utah or Oklahoma. Bama did not have rumors all season long about a #1 recruiting class full of entitled pricks who think they are God’s gift to the university. Kirby needs to get this **** in check or it will ruin the team and his career at UGA along with it. 

Can't disagree with that Carter.

They need to play to Formm's strengths more next year. The staff has hitched their wagon to him so now let him loose.

I really want to be wrong about Fromm, but I just don't see anything special. I also really want a more mobile guy so I'm somewhat biased. But imo, if you can't create with your legs then you need to be on more than Fromm seems to be

1 hour ago, Carter said:

Pin this and forward to Athens.

It's sickening knowing we may have some young guys that are nothing but spoiled rotten brats, that feel they are entitled. I'm certain I know who the leader of that bunch is. 

Something has went drastically off the rails in the locker room. It reared its head most notably during and after the LSU game and the under current has been felt, off and on, since. The ESD fiasco with transferring etc stoked the flames and I believe the Sugar Bowl is the precipice. Kirby either fixes this now, or there may be no coming back.

Falconsin2012 and sdogg like this