Jarrett dpow

DirtybyrdGA

1 minute ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I was listening to Dave Archer on 92.9 today and he said the Falcons and Grady Jarrett's camp are $5M apart. Sounds like we offered $10-12M and they want $15-17M. Ugh oh.

I don’t like that number.  2.5 million at $13-15,000,000 I could love with.  I love GJ but $17-20,000,000/annually is prohibitive for us IMO

$15M max as an average isn’t bad for Grady as long as his cap hit is below that for the first couple years. If we can rework him later to move the cap room some so be it. I don’t think he is a $17M player, but then again who are the recent 4-3 DTs to get a new long-term deal in the last 2 years?

Also, another way to look at this speculated difference is a $3M average per instead.

Just give him access to more guaranteed money and upfront cash and what’s the problem if his cap hit can be managed?:shrug:

9 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

$15M max as an average isn’t bad for Grady as long as his cap hit is below that for the first couple years. If we can rework him later to move the cap room some so be it. I don’t think he is a $17M player, but then again who are the recent 4-3 DTs to get a new long-term deal in the last 2 years?

Also, another way to look at this speculated difference is a $3M average per instead.

Just give him access to more guaranteed money and upfront cash and what’s the problem if his cap hit can be managed?:shrug:

11 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I was listening to Dave Archer on 92.9 today and he said the Falcons and Grady Jarrett's camp are $5M apart. Sounds like we offered $10-12M and they want $15-17M. Ugh oh.

Grady had a quiet year in 2018, even after a monster game last week, he is barely in top 10 alone DTs in pass rush. Pay him around 13-14 M. Just tag him and not pay top 5 money if he is expecting 17-20 M.

12 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Grady had a quiet year in 2018, even after a monster game last week, he is barely in top 10 alone DTs in pass rush. Pay him around 13-14 M. Just tag him and not pay top 5 money if he is expecting 17-20 M.

He still has two games left. He could boost his numbers and solidify his case for top 10 money. As of this morning he's 10th in sacks and 14th in QBHits among DTs. I agree with paying him about $14M a year. The franchise tag is expected to be around $14M. I wouldn't tag him because we'd take the full brunt of that $14M in 2019 and piss him off. I'd rather bend over and take one, but back load his contract to give us space to rework our OLine and DLine in 2019.

11 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Sounds like negotiations have just started.

The seller (Jarrett for his services) starts off with a really high selling price and the buyer (the Falcons) low balls to start off.

They will meet in the middle.

14 minutes ago, quotemokc said:

Sounds like negotiations have just started.

The seller (Jarrett for his services) starts off with a really high selling price and the buyer (the Falcons) low balls to start off.

They will meet in the middle.

Not sure but I think they probably tried to get something done earlier but were too far apart and decided to push it to the end of the season.

1 hour ago, falcons007 said:

Except...

9 minutes ago, osiruz said:

I wouldnt give him more than $13.5 per. I would just let him walk, draft Oliver or Williams, sign Suh, and use the rest of the money on some OL. 

Suh has been a ghost this season. Rams fans want him gone. Oliver is being reported as being at 270 lbs. I doubt Quinnen is there at our pick. 

I feel Grady is worth around Timmy Jernigan Money. I think 13.5-14 million should be where he falls. 15-17 would be overpaying, however I can’t say I’d blame the Falcons for doing so, he’s been the lone star on our defensive line. 

4 hours ago, osiruz said:

I wouldnt give him more than $13.5 per. I would just let him walk, draft Oliver or Williams, sign Suh, and use the rest of the money on some OL. 

Nah man you’ll regret that Grady Jarrett is coming into his best years.

For me I’m paying and plugging another guy next to him aswell.

Stop worrying about the money man they being the FO will work it out.