Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ike barn87987

Alford says he's a top 10 CB

90 posts in this topic

49 minutes ago, ike barn87987 said:

Despite outside criticism, Falcons Robert Alford hasn't lost confidence: "I feel like I'm top 10 [cornerback] in this league.'' https://t.co/0fiHdO2wvf

I think he was in his prime. Let's also not forget about all the bogus PI calls this guy has gotten over his career, have no idea why the Refs picked on the little guy. 

slickgadawg likes this

Last year this would have been somewhat debatable. This year he may not be in the bottom 10 of starting CBs. He has been horrible. Penalties. Big plays. Tackling. He has been a shell of himself. Next year he may have a job but another year like this one and his job wont be secure. 

Falconsin2012 likes this

He's not wrong. This is Alford's worst year. 2016-2017, Alford was a baller. If he's willing to take a pretty sizable pay cut and reworked contract, I'd be all for bringing Alford back. 

What's working against Alford right now is he's on the wrong side of 30, he's had a bad year, and the team can save $8MM cutting him outright. Along with Oliver coming along and Kazee likely playing more nickel, Alford can be phased out in 2019. I'd bring him back as a third corner/utility DB. He's better in coverage than Poole. If we go a more aggressive scheme on defense like what we ran on Sunday, you see the value in Alford. Playing passive is not his game. 

40 minutes ago, octoslash said:

THE LEGACY OF ROBERT ALFORD

bears-49ers-penalty-flags

This pic is just one game, right? In a whole season you wouldn't see any green, just a solid yellow blanket of hankies from sideline to sideline and goal to goal. :bang:

Gibson's Finest likes this

8 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

This pic is just one game, right? In a whole season you wouldn't see any green, just a solid yellow blanket of hankies from sideline to sideline and goal to goal. :bang:

How many of those flags would have to be picked-up if the calls were legit, even this year, although he really did earn most of them in 2018. It is like every team has a Whipping Boy the Ref's can rely on when needed, and Alford is the Falcon's Whipping Boy.

Tandy, Drew4719, vel and 1 other like this

This is rather embarassing, I am not sure why DQ lets these fools embarass the team and the fans with interviews. First Duke Really Claims to be a top linebacker and now Alford thinks he is better than Patrick Peterson. Dude your play and Trufart's just cost us the season. Sit down and let Oliver play.

PokerSteve and Grim Shady like this

Just now, Cheap Talk said:

How many of those flags would have to be picked-up if the calls were legit, even this year, although he really did earn most of them in 2018. It is like every team has a Whipping Boy the Ref's can rely on when needed, and Alford is the Falcon's Whipping Boy.

Agree he is a whipping boy, but I think he brought a lot of it on himself, and unnecessarily so.

Drew4719 and Cheap Talk like this

Top 10? If the coach would get his head out of his rear Alford wouldn’t even be playing, he would be on the bench behind Oliver!

Alford has to be the handsiest CB in the league. He would have been right at home in the Legion of boom where they don’t call those penalties!

Dude was within inches of being the SB MVP a few years ago. I really thought he'd springboard off of that moment, and he really hasn't. He has been my single biggest unforeseen disappointment this season.

Cheap Talk likes this