Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
k-train

Possible new DC

48 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Is This What You Want? said:

Well, you have seen and heard it now.  Right here.  There is no link, just a fact bro.

So it's something you made up and is false i got you thanks for the info champ :)

15 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

So it's something you made up and is false i got you thanks for the info champ :)

I don't have to go out of my way to prove anything to you.  Do your own analysis and research boss hog.

16 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

Using your logic, how about you prove to me that Quinn is not calling the plays?

I think many of us would be happy with Kris Richard or Ron Rivera. 

A  dark horse candidate I'm interested in is Mark Duffner, if all of Tampa Bay's coaches get fired.  He's done wonders with Tampa Bay's defense since Smitty got fired, and if you look at his track record, he was a part of some really strong defenses in Green Bay and Cincinnati as a linebackers coach.  He also has an alma mater (William & Mary) connection to Coach Quinn, although they weren't there at the same time like Quinn and Mike Tomlin.

And I know nobody is interested in promoting another young coach from within, but I'd be curious to see how Jeff Ulbrich would work as a defensive coordinator.  He at least has experience as a play caller from his time at UCLA.

4 hours ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

FWIW I'd like Rivera and it wouldnt be the most difficult transition given the relative similarities in scheme. But I think Kris Richard is probably a guy thats gonna get a call from us. 

Yeah, I agree completely & a week or two ago I mentioned that it seems almost a given that Kris Richard has to at least be in the discussion as the next DC.

17 hours ago, Is This What You Want? said:

Using your logic, how about you prove to me that Quinn is not calling the plays?

Because both times he has done it it was reported he was going to be doing it and they then asked him about it and he said he would be doing it.  Their has been no such reports about it and he hasn't stated he was doing it like both other times. If something that big had changed their would have been something come out about it like both other times by atleast 1 reporter even if it was that turd D orlando bedwetter.    What i want to know is why would you make something up in your mind and try to state it as a fact without having any proof outside of you guessing it is happening contrary to what has been done everytime it has happened.

39 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

Because both times he has done it it was reported he was going to be doing it and they then asked him about it and he said he would be doing it.  Their has been no such reports about it and he hasn't stated he was doing it like both other times. If something that big had changed their would have been something come out about it like both other times by atleast 1 reporter even if it was that turd D orlando bedwetter.    What i want to know is why would you make something up in your mind and try to state it as a fact without having any proof outside of you guessing it is happening contrary to what has been done everytime it has happened.

Your reliance on the media to be told something in order for it to be true is what is wrong with this country.

22 hours ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

Could you imagine what Beasley is going to do if you put him in Pittsburgh or with Wade Phillips? 

People here will be crying, dude!

That's why I don't see him gone. He's an OLB. Honestly, where the NFL is going, front seven guys are less boxed into positions. You need guys that are athletic and versatile. The problem is Vic is being asked to do more than he should. Yes, we took him at #8, but he's not a cornerstone every snap guy. He's a closer who is limited vs the run. If our offense gets back on track, this defense is built to play with a lead. Without a guy like Beasley, you will struggle to close out games. 

NOW! Is that worth the $13MM he's set to make? No. But There is a value to what Vic can do on this team and defense when fully stocked and healthy. 

I would like to see them move Raheem Morris into the spot and get a new WR coach. He was a great defensive coach before getting pushed right to HC (too early). He should really help the DBs.

then go find the best DL coach money can buy.

VTCrunkler likes this

On 12/19/2018 at 0:49 AM, Knight of God said:

Exactly. We have rarely had it all at the same time. SB year we had Babs and Jarrett, also Freeney. Made a huge difference.

Man I miss babs. Underrated 

Knight of God likes this

57 minutes ago, Is This What You Want? said:

Cool.  You will see at end of season.

Knows Lorne Malvo,doesn't know Darth Sidious

......freaking millennials lol

1 hour ago, vel said:

That's why I don't see him gone. He's an OLB. Honestly, where the NFL is going, front seven guys are less boxed into positions. You need guys that are athletic and versatile. The problem is Vic is being asked to do more than he should. Yes, we took him at #8, but he's not a cornerstone every snap guy. He's a closer who is limited vs the run. If our offense gets back on track, this defense is built to play with a lead. Without a guy like Beasley, you will struggle to close out games. 

NOW! Is that worth the $13MM he's set to make? No. But There is a value to what Vic can do on this team and defense when fully stocked and healthy. 

It could very well be one of those things where your team is probably in trouble if Vic Beasley is your second best edge player but if he's your third or fourth best edge player, you're stacked. 

Honestly, not all that different than Leonard Floyd. Which of course brings us to the un-acknowledged reality that Beasley has been more productive than 90% of the Day One pass rushers drafted since 2014. 

But we dont talk about that because we're busy comparing him to Jamaal Anderson and calling him a "bust"

38 minutes ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

It could very well be one of those things where your team is probably in trouble if Vic Beasley is your second best edge player but if he's your third or fourth best edge player, you're stacked. 

Honestly, not all that different than Leonard Floyd. Which of course brings us to the un-acknowledged reality that Beasley has been more productive than 90% of the Day One pass rushers drafted since 2014. 

But we dont talk about that because we're busy comparing him to Jamaal Anderson and calling him a "bust"

Exactly. Vic is a closer being treated like a starting pitcher. Get some actual pass rushers and let Vic come in and close. That's what he did in 2016 because the offense was up all the time. But when games are close, it's hard to use him. 

Ergo Proxy likes this

On 12/19/2018 at 9:16 AM, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

Could you imagine what Beasley is going to do if you put him in Pittsburgh or with Wade Phillips? 

People here will be crying, dude!

Wade Phillips...

Image result for homer drooling donuts

Yes, and the fact that if we don't pay him someone else will should be an indicator that people who run football teams think more highly of him than the fans do; which is why we as fans should rethink what a guy is worth...

It's not what we think; it's what professional football people think...  Vic's market will be set by people whi know football, not by what we think he's worth...

16 minutes ago, Falconcheff said:

Wade Phillips...

Image result for homer drooling donuts

Yes, and the fact that if we don't pay him someone else will should be an indicator that people who run football teams think more highly of him than the fans do; which is why we as fans should rethink what a guy is worth...

It's not what we think; it's what professional football people think...  Vic's market will be set by people whi know football, not by what we think he's worth...

His value will not be anywhere near 12 mil.  We may not sign him, but the board is correct, he's not worth 12 mil.

6 hours ago, FalconAge said:

Your faith in your friends is yours!

His delusion of him thinking his imaginary made up thoughts and facts are real is his.  Thats almost on the level of needing to go see a psych doctor.    It would have been somewhat understandable after this last game if he would have said with that much of a difference in scheme change and play calling i think Quinn might have taken over play calling because it looked alot different than the rest of the year.   Ok cool thats a nice assumption and a possiblity because it did look a bit different and we did better.  But still not proof and **** sure not something you state as fact after you make it up by guessing.