Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
k-train

Possible new DC

48 posts in this topic

If Riverboat Ron gets the axe in Carolina... and if we beat them this weekend, that might be enough to ensure his firing... would you want him here as DC in place of Manuel?

Dude took over play calling for their game last night against the Saints & held Brees & co. to under 14 points.That's only the 14th time the Saints have been held to that few points since Brees arrived.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Romfal said:

Id rather have Quinn put his money where his mouth is and call plays himself

Unfortunately that has occurred starting a few games ago, with the only positive results coming against the only team in league worse than us.

rogueleadersf likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Absolutely 

Which is why Beasley is rushing the passer much better 

Lol KOG....Bs can’t rush the passer or he’s pretty much proved that over the past four yrs. Hes never going to be what you think he’ll be....however I’m pulling for him to be paid as a backup Falcon DE and maybe he overachieves. 

vitaman likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

Lol KOG....Bs can’t rush the passer or he’s pretty much proved that over the past four yrs. Hes never going to be what you think he’ll be....however I’m pulling for him to be paid as a backup Falcon DE and maybe he overachieves. 

What the crap do you think it is I think he’ll be? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

What the crap do you think it is I think he’ll be? 

I glad you and a handful of others have faith in Bs KOG. Maybe he will finally blossom as a Falcon next yr but I hope we don’t pay him 12m to find out. 

vitaman likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

I glad you and a handful of others have faith in Bs KOG. Maybe he will finally blossom as a Falcon next yr but I hope we don’t pay him 12m to find out. 

I don’t think or hope we will. I’m thinking 6-8 mil honestly, but I don’t believe he’ll be here. Dude, he’s a speed rusher. This fan base isn’t used to those but if used right they can be deadly. I don’t want him gone and if he goes to a team that is already deadly on the edge, we’ll be singing a different tune on this board

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

I don’t think or hope we will. I’m thinking 6-8 mil honestly, but I don’t believe he’ll be here. Dude, he’s a speed rusher. This fan base isn’t used to those but if used right they can be deadly. I don’t want him gone and if he goes to a team that is already deadly on the edge, we’ll be singing a different tune on this board

Or a team that gets pressure up the middle.

if you can get pressure up the middle and make the qb move laterally to avoid it he has the speed to close in fast.

Knight of God and Emmitt like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Or a team that gets pressure up the middle.

if you can get pressure up the middle and make the qb move laterally to avoid it he has the speed to close in fast.

Exactly. We have rarely had it all at the same time. SB year we had Babs and Jarrett, also Freeney. Made a huge difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Is This What You Want? said:

Unfortunately that has occurred starting a few games ago, with the only positive results coming against the only team in league worse than us.

Link to where this was said he started doing this?   Because for the most part anytime Quinn has taken over the defensive playcalling since he has been here the Defense changed for the better dramatically.   I haven't seen or heard he has done this yet as far as this year goes and i would like to read where it was posted at.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Romfal said:

Id rather have Quinn put his money where his mouth is and call plays himself

Exactly!  Then we'll get to see if it was the defenses called or the players themselves that's the issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

Link to where this was said he started doing this?   Because for the most part anytime Quinn has taken over the defensive playcalling since he has been here the Defense changed for the better dramatically.   I haven't seen or heard he has done this yet as far as this year goes and i would like to read where it was posted at.

Well, you have seen and heard it now.  Right here.  There is no link, just a fact bro.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My thing is we strictly run cover 3 and 1. Whats going to be done differently? Our system is in place. I guess managing the might be different. 

Also is the DC responsible for the personnel that id on the field at any given situation? Serious question. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, red falcon said:

My thing is we strictly run cover 3 and 1. Whats going to be done differently? Our system is in place. I guess managing the might be different. 

Also is the DC responsible for the personnel that id on the field at any given situation? Serious question. 

To your second point. How many times has this team gotten called for 12 men on the field on defense over the last couple of years? It boggles the mind why they can't get that right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Sipifalcon said:

I'm down for anything... Can't be any worse...

Took the words right out of my mouth. I wouldn't care if they brought in Bonzo the Chimp at this point. Just get Manuel out of here. The rest will no doubt take care of itself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quinn needs to call the plays. Period. He is a DC. His eye for talent and playcalling is on the defensive side of the ball. Just own it! I know he wants to be a well rounded HC but he needs an OC who runs with an iron fist like Shanahan so he can focus on defense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Knight of God said:

I don’t think or hope we will. I’m thinking 6-8 mil honestly, but I don’t believe he’ll be here. Dude, he’s a speed rusher. This fan base isn’t used to those but if used right they can be deadly. I don’t want him gone and if he goes to a team that is already deadly on the edge, we’ll be singing a different tune on this board

Could you imagine what Beasley is going to do if you put him in Pittsburgh or with Wade Phillips? 

People here will be crying, dude!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0