Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Is This What You Want?

Fromm is the MAN

28 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Carter said:

Still hopeful that Fields sticks around. I’ve talked about Fields being a big help for Fromm in driving him competitively and I really feel that is true... but by the same token, I really feel like Fields would benefit hugely from backing up Fromm as well. Accept that you got beat and just keep working to get better. There is not a better situation for Fields to develop in imo. Especially if he wants to go to the NFL. Fromm can help him learn the subtleties of the game, help him break down film, really help him become the best QB he can be imo. I don’t see him getting that anywhere else, let alone any opportunity to start and win championships like he’d have in Athens when his time comes.

I understand it’s unlikely he stays at this point. It would really be the best for him though. Fromm is going to lead this team to big big things and Fields could be a big part of that and continue on with it after Fromm is gone.

I agree..but only if Fromm goes pro next year.  It’s a gamble for Fields.  But Kirby already said Fields is leaving so it’s likely a moot point.  

3 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I agree..but only if Fromm goes pro next year.  It’s a gamble for Fields.  But Kirby already said Fields is leaving so it’s likely a moot point.  

Meh it’s a gamble no matter what. Fields isn’t going to have an easy road to starting for any good team. He could go to Ohio State or Oklahoma and never start a game at all. He and his family must realize this too, otherwise we’d already have a full announcement confirming he will transfer.

Both those schools recruit high level QBs, he’d have to compete with big time players... and historically they do nothing to prepare them for the NFL. Baker Mayfield may be the only successful one because that guy straight up has the spirit of a warrior... he went from walking on twice to Heisman to 1st pick in the draft and having success at a place where QBs go to die. And the guy genuinely has fun playing, seems to enjoy every bit of it.

I don’t know if Fields has that kind of drive. Fields hasn’t shown squat for the size of the fight in that Dawg. He’s incredibly talented but his ego got battered and bruised this year. Takes more than just talent.

I think Kirby has to plan as if Fields is gone. Doesn’t seem like Justin or his family has decided for sure one way or another. One thing I will say though is unless the kid can humble himself and learn behind Jake Fromm, he needs to go. We don’t have room for it at this point. Get onboard or gtfo.

UAB_DAWG and TheTrue7 like this

1 hour ago, Carter said:

Meh it’s a gamble no matter what. Fields isn’t going to have an easy road to starting for any good team. He could go to Ohio State or Oklahoma and never start a game at all. He and his family must realize this too, otherwise we’d already have a full announcement confirming he will transfer.

Both those schools recruit high level QBs, he’d have to compete with big time players... and historically they do nothing to prepare them for the NFL. Baker Mayfield may be the only successful one because that guy straight up has the spirit of a warrior... he went from walking on twice to Heisman to 1st pick in the draft and having success at a place where QBs go to die. And the guy genuinely has fun playing, seems to enjoy every bit of it.

I don’t know if Fields has that kind of drive. Fields hasn’t shown squat for the size of the fight in that Dawg. He’s incredibly talented but his ego got battered and bruised this year. Takes more than just talent.

I think Kirby has to plan as if Fields is gone. Doesn’t seem like Justin or his family has decided for sure one way or another. One thing I will say though is unless the kid can humble himself and learn behind Jake Fromm, he needs to go. We don’t have room for it at this point. Get onboard or gtfo.

True.  And I think the second he steps on campus, there will be a division.  Just like at UGA where fans started rooting for Fromm OR Fields rather than the Georgia Bulldogs.  You already see it with the Martell tweets.  The most sensible decision is to say “I’ve inquired into transferring but would like to recommit myself to the Dawgs.”

Edited by Falconsin2012