apl2g

2 falcons make pro bowl

109 posts in this topic

I don't even get Rodgers at all. That is a reputation thing period. 

5 minutes ago, JerseyNo12 said:

That's just disrespectful. I like Rodgers, but this is basically just giving him a Pro-Bowl because of legacy and popularity, not so much how he performed this season.

I mean, how in the world is this:

Rodgers: 61.8% completion, 3,974 passing yards (7.4 YPA), 23 TDs, 2 INTs, 97.2 QB rating

better than this:

Ryan: 69.9% completion, 4307 passing yards (8.0 YPA), 33 total TDs (30 pass, 3 rush), 6 INT, 107.6 QB rating

Ergo Proxy likes this

12 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

You're the only one that useless around here. Clues are not expensive. Get one.

How young are u? Like 10.. Sticks and stones may break my bones but ur words will never hurt me.. Wtf :doh:

Aaron Rodgers is the "face" of the NFL - they would not dare do anything to hurt his public perception as they have to make him appear the greatest thing in the world.  Leaving him off the Pro Bowl roster would be a disaster in the NFL front office minds.

Also, don't be surprised if Goff or Brees want to skip the game and that Ryan does not get offered the replacement spot.

Edited by jlrfalcon

11 minutes ago, quickzero said:

Pro Bowl snubs happen every year; snubbing Ryan is egregious but I'm pretty sure at this point Ryan doesn't care about Pro bowls just Super Bowls. 

Yeah bro I'm sure Ryan would rather pass on a Pro Bowl game and hang out with his twins.

With Brees and Wilson going to the playoffs it'll likely be Godgers and him as an alternate in the Pro Bowl.

Ergo Proxy and quickzero like this

It's what happens when its up to fans to vote. The biggest/most well known players are gonna win because thats who most people want to watch.

Mack wasn't that good this year.. hurt by the guys around him but still. He got in because he's one of the few centers that's a "household name"

2 minutes ago, Pacific_Falcon said:

Goff?!?

He’s been terrible lately, but most of the votes were already placed by then. He was on fire for the first 10 games or so

55 minutes ago, JerseyNo12 said:

That's just disrespectful. I like Rodgers, but this is basically just giving him a Pro-Bowl because of legacy and popularity, not so much how he performed this season.

I mean, how in the world is this:

Rodgers: 61.8% completion, 3,974 passing yards (7.4 YPA), 23 TDs, 2 INTs, 97.2 QB rating

better than this:

Ryan: 69.9% completion, 4307 passing yards (8.0 YPA), 33 total TDs (30 pass, 3 rush), 6 INT, 107.6 QB rating

It's an absolute joke. And you can't even make the "he's on a playoff team" argument.

Ergo Proxy likes this

1 hour ago, Flying Falcon said:

Way to go Julio!!!!! When a lot of guys in here wanted you traded, cut, and called you selfish.

<- Still want him traded.  Not going to be able to build the lines that we need to win a SB as long as we're paying Ryan, Freeman, and Julio.  That's why we let Poe walk.  Can't afford to keep the engine maintained if we're paying too much for shiny hood ornaments.

Having a healthy Julio for the whole season netted us 5 wins so far this year.  Our lines are trash, and we're stuck with Ryan and Freeman.  Detroit went through this with Stafford and Johnson.  They put up amazing stats, but the team struggled to win a game.

It has nothing to do with how awesome Julio is.  He is absolutely awesome...Possibly the best in the NFL.  So was Hershel Walker.  Dallas traded him and then went on to win 3 Superbowls.  That's the kind of move that the Falcons' brass needs to make at this point.  Julio would bring the kind of trade returns necessary to fix the problems with this team. 

I'm not anti-Julio, I'm pro-Falcons.  I want to see us win a Superbowl.  I don't think that we're going to do that with so much money tied up in Ryan, Jones, and Freeman.  (and again, we can't do anything with Ryan and Freeman)

FalconFanSince1970 likes this

26 minutes ago, robertap said:

<- Still want him traded.  Not going to be able to build the lines that we need to win a SB as long as we're paying Ryan, Freeman, and Julio.  That's why we let Poe walk.  Can't afford to keep the engine maintained if we're paying too much for shiny hood ornaments.

Having a healthy Julio for the whole season netted us 5 wins so far this year.  Our lines are trash, and we're stuck with Ryan and Freeman.  Detroit went through this with Stafford and Johnson.  They put up amazing stats, but the team struggled to win a game.

It has nothing to do with how awesome Julio is.  He is absolutely awesome...Possibly the best in the NFL.  So was Hershel Walker.  Dallas traded him and then went on to win 3 Superbowls.  That's the kind of move that the Falcons' brass needs to make at this point.  Julio would bring the kind of trade returns necessary to fix the problems with this team. 

I'm not anti-Julio, I'm pro-Falcons.  I want to see us win a Superbowl.  I don't think that we're going to do that with so much money tied up in Ryan, Jones, and Freeman.  (and again, we can't do anything with Ryan and Freeman)

^ what he said

In all fairness, the only people that vote for Falcons are probably Falcons fans and most of those have given up and don't care enough to vote anyway.

****, I do care and I didn't bother to vote.

Rodgers going is ridiculous and he was selected on brand name alone. Goff is an average player on a great team. Ryan should be in there, but he is boring so I get it. 

8 hours ago, Faithful Falcon said:

You're the only one that useless around here. Clues are not expensive. Get one.

8 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

How young are u? Like 10.. Sticks and stones may break my bones but ur words will never hurt me.. Wtf :doh:

Before this gets out of hand over something as dumb as a pro bowl selection, allow me to step in like the late great himself

giphy.gif

Matt Ryan
3rd in NFL in pass yards
7th in touchdowns
11th in touchdown %
3rd in completion %...
5th in QBR
5-9

Aaron Rodgers
6th in NFL in pass yards
13th in touchdowns
21st in touchdown %
28th in completion %
14th in QBR
5-8-1

Ergo Proxy and quickzero like this

16 minutes ago, Tandy said:

For those of you griping that Ryan was snubbed - how many of you went and voted for him to get to the pro bowl?

It's a fan vote.    Falcon fans notoriously don't go out of their way to vote for their guys.    Just an observation.

Thank you, Vandy. The same ones saying all this probably didn't vote at all.

Tandy and Ergo Proxy like this