Gibson's Finest

Possible new OC

100 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

This. Misleading thread. Quinn would only make this move if he WANTED to get fired.

So the fact that it says “possible” makes it misleading?? FOH

4 minutes ago, Gibson's Finest said:

So the fact that it says “possible” makes it misleading?? FOH

The fact that the thread says he was in the building this past Sunday is what makes it misleading.  He was in the building during the past SPRING, completely different things.

Francis York Morgan likes this

I would not want bevell just for the simple fact he has/had an inability of incorporating dynamic players into his offense.

There were a lot of reasons why Percy Harvin  failed as a Seahawk......one of the biggest reasons is Bevell's inability to be creative with him.

I mean Brad Childress was able to be creative with Harvin....but Befell could not.....that should tell you something.

He had one of the best movable chess piece match up problems in offense in the league and he could not use him.

7 hours ago, Geneaut said:

I'd rather we had Tom Cable back coaching our OL. If we are going after Seahawk cast-offs.

that would be the worst hire ever

Bevell? Is this the same dude who had a hand in that other SB fiasco? Great. Now we will have two coaches on the staff who had a big hand in blowing two different SB's to the same team no less.

7 hours ago, ParanoidAndroid said:

TATF:  This team sucks! DQ needs to make changes and fix this!
*DQ brings in a guy with 18 years NFL coaching experience to consult and work with the team midseason.
TAFT:  DQ's an IDIOT!!!!

I mean c'mon. Did you expect Tom Landry to be out there in Flowery branch this week?

Tom's been dead since 2000, and would probably still have better ideas and suggestions than Bevil though....

9 hours ago, Krosis said:

Isn't he the guy that called the pass play on the 1-yard line in the Super Bowl?

That's where shanny learned it from. West coast roots

Krosis likes this

4 hours ago, stingbee said:

The Seahawks didn’t had weapons like Julio Jones, Ridley, Sanu, Hooper, Freeman (although injured), Teco and a real Pocket passer like Matt Ryan. 

This team is loaded on offense and a good OC can do magic with creative play calling. 

He was the OC that called a pass on 4th and 1 with Marshawn Lynch as his RB... He cost them a 2nd SB with that stupid call. Don't want another choker as our OC.

marvinthemartian likes this

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I'd like to put my foot up the as of whoever suggested we make Bevell our OC.

Any Waffle House will do. Just text me the address and I'll be there. Jeez bro.

:lol:

3 hours ago, Vandy said:

LOL at all the overreactions in this thread responding to some talking head with elephant ears. You guys are hilarious.....

If things were already settled, wouldn’t it make sense to fire Sark now and hire Bevil to see what he’s got?

DC is the bigger problem anyway....

It would have made more sense to have never hired a college OC with his experience or lack of NFL experience for that matter. Sark is out ....no way he stays. Imagine him being here next year and we have an opening gm like our last two against the Eagles?? The MB stadium would never have to worry about a retractable roof again .....the fans would blow that mutha off

16 hours ago, UniteandConquer said:

Coaches bring in coordinators who they are familiar will all the time. stay hating. 

Hating? Grow Up.  How's that working out for Quinn?

10 hours ago, PokerSteve said:

That's the NFL Good Ol Boy coaching network on full display. On a brighter note, he can't possibly be worse than Sark.

Yeah.  At least he has play calling experience at the NFL level.  I just hope he has more in his bag of tricks than I saw with Seattle.  They ran a very conservative offense.

PokerSteve likes this

9 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I'd like to put my foot up the as of whoever suggested we make Bevell our OC.

Any Waffle House will do. Just text me the address and I'll be there. Jeez bro.

17 hours ago, Gibson's Finest said:

Was just watching NFLN and heard that Bevell might be brought in. He was in the building on Sunday working with the staff. Sorry if already posted

So are we getting a new QB. lol It's never Matt Ryan  fault

16 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

To me the Falcons have the talent to do damage it just has to be able to be fielded every week and deployed correctly.I actually hope DQ puts his imprint on that side of the ball.I hope he still keeps MM on the coaching staff.

Offensively Sark & Knapp need to be gone and I’d be knocking on a Tom Cable or Mike Munchaks door to come fix our Oline.OC Kubiak would be ideal but we need someone who is experienced and can come in and get us going quickly.

Oh what talent lol 

7 hours ago, Atl Falcon said:

It would have made more sense to have never hired a college OC with his experience or lack of NFL experience for that matter. Sark is out ....no way he stays. Imagine him being here next year and we have an opening gm like our last two against the Eagles?? The MB stadium would never have to worry about a retractable roof again .....the fans would blow that mutha off

It's not his fault that Matt Ryan is over the Hill.  

Flying Falcon likes this

10 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

I would not want bevell just for the simple fact he has/had an inability of incorporating dynamic players into his offense.

There were a lot of reasons why Percy Harvin  failed as a Seahawk......one of the biggest reasons is Bevell's inability to be creative with him.

I mean Brad Childress was able to be creative with Harvin....but Befell could not.....that should tell you something.

He had one of the best movable chess piece match up problems in offense in the league and he could not use him.

lol The QB is Matt Ryan. lol It's the office of coordinator fault 10 years now

Bevell would be fine. I'd prefer Kubiak personally but he'd be fine. 

From what I've been told from Seahawks fans he was handcuffed to Tom Cable and his terrible blocking schemes along with his projects on the OL (converted D-Line guys). They were hoping to see him in Indy without Cable but the Josh McDaniels situation happened.

Oh and to the poster who mentioned Brad Childress getting creative with Harvin, Bevell was Brad's OC during that time and the OC during Harvin's only Pro Bowl year. Harvin's problem was that he was brittle and couldn't stay on the field. He played 16 games once and more than 10 games only 4 times in his 8 year career. Then there's the many lockeroom cancer stories.

17 hours ago, Absolute said:

Well the reports that Sark was in the building lead to his hiring so I would say this is partly credible. Lol...I just hope we go a totally different direction...

In Sark's case, it wasn't the preceding Spring when he was in the building. It was at the time of the articles. That is a significant difference.

6 minutes ago, falcndave said:

In Sark's case, it wasn't the preceding Spring when he was in the building. It was at the time of the articles. That is a significant difference.

He was definitely in the preceding Spring and not at the time of the articles. He attended 2016 offseason workouts and 2 days at training camp.

It's looking like the same pattern honestly.

Flying Falcon likes this

Just now, The Architect said:

He was definitely in the preceding Spring and not at the time of the articles. He attended 2016 offseason workouts and 2 days at training camp.

It's looking like the same pattern honestly.

I'll take your word for it. I don't remember any reports...of course I don't remember what I had for breakfast either. 

The Architect likes this

1 hour ago, 81KJW said:

It's not his fault that Matt Ryan is over the Hill.  

Man that’s a weak come back and based on what??? MR2 has had a MVP type year.