Gibson's Finest

Possible new OC

100 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, TheUsualStuff said:

" One name to keep in mind: ex-#Seahawks OC Darrell Bevell, who actually spent a few weeks in camp working with Atlanta‘s defense. "

LoL - Ex OC brought in to work with the defense... While we have a DC coaching our WR's.. 

Makes perfect sense in the bizarro world of Dan Quinn. He should move Knapp to working with the linebackers.

I know we can't fire DQ after this one season, but if this is true then someone needs to step in and take away his privilege of hand picking his coaches. At the very least he has lost that benefit. Bringing in Bevell is a terrible idea and it reeks of more DQ cronyism. Blank needs to step in and put an end this BS.

It never really crossed my mind about that connection!  Absolutely do not want him No morenof DQs friends!

PokerSteve and Flying Falcon like this

38 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Oh god, Hel1 no to Bevell. Dude is a trash OC. 

Dude is straight trash.  Just when I thought they couldn't sink any lower.  If they hire him it also means that Dimitroff has ZERO say in that front office...

Flying Falcon and Dr Long Shot like this

Quinn is trying to change the identity of this team to a run oriented offense. Like seattle with lynch.

If he going to do that he better get him a oline and a power runningback. 

If he doesnt. He just signed his own pinkslip.

Cheap Talk likes this

I’m not a Sark guy, but I would MUCH rather him than Bevel.  The entire Seahawks team wanted Bevel gone...he could not field an OL.  Please be false...

First Justin Fields is heading out...and now Bevel rumored in.  I need a drink

Dr Long Shot likes this

5 hours ago, ATLFalcon36 said:

The Seahawks offense was average at best with Bevell. It was basically Marshawn Lynch or bust. I hope not. Might as well keep Sark if he's the best we can do. I'm sick of the Dan Quinn Buddy network, get some experience and some people outside DQ hive mind.

The Seahawks didn’t had weapons like Julio Jones, Ridley, Sanu, Hooper, Freeman (although injured), Teco and a real Pocket passer like Matt Ryan. 

This team is loaded on offense and a good OC can do magic with creative play calling. 

So now its wait until 2021 for a possible Super Bowl run? Thats what you are getting the moment you switch out the OC. If they hire Bevell this will more than likely spell the end of the DQ era. We don't have a mobile QB ala Wilson, don't run a power back ala Lynch. Anyone interested in buying a PSL?? LOL 

Edited by Cheyakita

LOL at all the overreactions in this thread responding to some talking head with elephant ears. You guys are hilarious.....

If things were already settled, wouldn’t it make sense to fire Sark now and hire Bevil to see what he’s got?

DC is the bigger problem anyway....

Goober Pyle and Drew4719 like this

6 hours ago, Da_Truth said:

What?  Quinn and his buddies.  I swear. This is like Smitty and his Jacksonville buddies.  Quinn is disappointing as a HC.

That's the NFL Good Ol Boy coaching network on full display. On a brighter note, he can't possibly be worse than Sark.