Gibson's Finest

Possible new OC

100 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Gibson's Finest said:

Was just watching NFLN and heard that Bevell might be brought in. He was in the building on Sunday working with the staff. Sorry if already posted

What?  Quinn and his buddies.  I swear. This is like Smitty and his Jacksonville buddies.  Quinn is disappointing as a HC.

3 minutes ago, ATLFalcon36 said:

The Seahawks offense was average at best with Bevell. It was basically Marshawn Lynch or bust. I hope not. Might as well keep Sark if he's the best we can do. I'm sick of the Dan Quinn Buddy network, get some experience and some people outside DQ hive mind.

Exactly!

putnam6 likes this

2 minutes ago, Cole World said:

Please no. He was already passed over as the QB coach this past offseason.

To me the Falcons have the talent to do damage it just has to be able to be fielded every week and deployed correctly.I actually hope DQ puts his imprint on that side of the ball.I hope he still keeps MM on the coaching staff.

Offensively Sark & Knapp need to be gone and I’d be knocking on a Tom Cable or Mike Munchaks door to come fix our Oline.OC Kubiak would be ideal but we need someone who is experienced and can come in and get us going quickly.

Well the reports that Sark was in the building lead to his hiring so I would say this is partly credible. Lol...I just hope we go a totally different direction...

36 minutes ago, ATLFalcon36 said:

The Seahawks offense was average at best with Bevell. It was basically Marshawn Lynch or bust. I hope not. Might as well keep Sark if he's the best we can do. I'm sick of the Dan Quinn Buddy network, get some experience and some people outside DQ hive mind.

You mean like Shanny and Sark?

falconsd56 likes this

38 minutes ago, Da_Truth said:

What?  Quinn and his buddies.  I swear. This is like Smitty and his Jacksonville buddies.  Quinn is disappointing as a HC.

Coaches bring in coordinators who they are familiar will all the time. stay hating. 

3 minutes ago, UniteandConquer said:

Coaches bring in coordinators who they are familiar will all the time. stay hating. 

I just want Kubiak really bad. That's what it comes down to. His skillset provides opportunities to correct a bunch of issues with our staff even upto DQ game management, so I'd love for the team to go that route instead of the buddy system. 

Would you really take Bevell over Kubiak?

4 minutes ago, ATLFalcon36 said:

I just want Kubiak really bad. That's what it comes down to. His skillset provides opportunities to correct a bunch of issues with our staff even upto DQ game management, so I'd love for the team to go that route instead of the buddy system. 

Would you really take Bevell over Kubiak?

If he’s healthy enough to take on another rigorous NFL season get him into Flowery Branch NOW!

marvinthemartian likes this

21 minutes ago, Flyin' In DC said:

They said he was is the building this PAST SPRING. It didn't say he was in the building recently. Lets not jump the gun on who he hires or fires or eats at the Varsity with or plays golf with over the offseason

This. Misleading thread. Quinn would only make this move if he WANTED to get fired.

JDaveG and Cole World like this

" One name to keep in mind: ex-#Seahawks OC Darrell Bevell, who actually spent a few weeks in camp working with Atlanta‘s defense. "

LoL - Ex OC brought in to work with the defense... While we have a DC coaching our WR's.. 

Makes perfect sense in the bizarro world of Dan Quinn. He should move Knapp to working with the linebackers.

I know we can't fire DQ after this one season, but if this is true then someone needs to step in and take away his privilege of hand picking his coaches. At the very least he has lost that benefit. Bringing in Bevell is a terrible idea and it reeks of more DQ cronyism. Blank needs to step in and put an end this BS.