Scott Case

Falcon Man™

Sat in the endzone at Fulton years and years ago when we were playing Houston shortly after we got Glanville. Drew Hill missed a pass in the endzone pretty much right in front of us, but Scott leveled him anyway. I thought Drew was dead. Seriously dead was my thought. It was the most brutal hit I've ever seen in person. He hit Hill so hard I felt bad for Drew. After the first 'Ahhhh' it got deathly silent in our section.

A few years later Hill was on our team and I had mad respect for him because he got up from the Case hit.

Edited by Geneaut

I went to a game in the Big Sombrero way back when, and the Bucs were just slaughtering us.  Scott Case got a penalty for punching a Tampa offensive lineman in the head.  lol  He practically had to jump into the air to reach the guy's helmet, but he did pop him one. 

I think we lost that one 48-10 or something.   A very long afternoon for me, the only person in the whole section wearing red and black. 

I Was a HUGE fan of Scott Case. Dude was a killa. Even though those hits were legal back in the day he built a reputation for being a dirty head hunter. I didn’t care lol. The funny thing is we as fans were so used to watching that style of football that we didn’t even flinch when we saw that style of play. It was just normal football. 

Well buddy is on my all time favorite Falcon team. Pro Bowl corner with 10 picks in 1988. Asked to move to safety when we drafted Deion in 1989. Put the fear of God in many NFL player's hearts as a free safety. My favorite play was the hit on Art Monk in Atlanta Fulton County Stadium. Monk got up and walked to the Falcon's bench. True story. He definitely wouldn't have survived in this watered down Goody Flag Football League. 180 pound as beater. I will never forget sir. Thank you.

10 hours ago, Falcon Man™ said:

Used to love watching him. 

I counted about 15 plays in this video that would have been called penalties in today's gayme.

Only 15 lol?

man this is what it should be.

there should be 2 different HOFs.  One for finessers and another for hard *** *************.  

Sorry to say it, but all HOF QBs who retired at least 15 yrs ago would torch today’s NFL.  Favre was the last QB who would get smashed on a play and not immediately look at the ref for a call.  Those guys were tough as nails and would laugh today.

all these passing and completion records is a joke.  If Brees is the the NFL passing tdleader,  then Barry Bonds is the single season season home run leader.  Can’t have it both ways.  

Current NFL safety rules is same as MLB record rules IMO when it comes to records ignoring PEDs.  Most QBs today wouldn’t last 4-5 games in a season if they played 70s-late 90s.  They may last but they wouldn’t have the accolades bc they would either get smashed an be out the game or throw the ball away WAY more for fear of getting smashed legally.