Cam Newton isn't half the QB that Ryan is

Just now, NCFalconfan said:

The sad news for Panties fans is that his legs are about to turn 30. 

Thats really sad news too. Yeah, and when they go, he's toast. His best passing comes from him moving around, being a threat to run,  letting the coverage break down and allowing guys to get really open. I just don't think he will age well.

16 minutes ago, since68andcounting said:

He's a Drama Queen. He's making darn sure everyone knows he is hurt. Matt consistently gets up from hits that would IR Newton.

Matt gets up bc he folds like a steel chair when pressure comes to the pocket.  Don’t get me wrong I love our QB.  But to add to your point, all the talk about how Norv and Cam were going to get that ship rolling were HORRIBLY WRONG just like Cam’s HAT n Grandma Robes. 

Just now, THEHEADCOACH said:

Thats really sad news too. Yeah, and when they go, he's toast. His best passing comes from him moving around, being a threat to run,  letting the coverage break down and allowing guys to get really open. I just don't think he will age well.

No he won't. Defenses have always had to account for his legs which as you pointed out breaks down coverages. Defenses have been playing a man down in coverage for years, now your starting to see what its like for Carolina to not have that advantage and its not pretty. His numbers are very deceiving this year also due to all the dump passes to McCaffery (on pace for 100 receptions for a RB). 

10 minutes ago, NCFalconfan said:

No he won't. Defenses have always had to account for his legs which as you pointed out breaks down coverages. Defenses have been playing a man down in coverage for years, now your starting to see what its like for Carolina to not have that advantage and its not pretty. His numbers are very deceiving this year also due to all the dump passes to McCaffery (on pace for 100 receptions for a RB). 

I always think back to his Superbowl year. After the game Von Miller said they realized, watching the tape of when the Falcon's beat them at the end of the year, if you keep Cam in the pocket, he will fail. I thought, ouch, but he told the truth.

53 minutes ago, quotemokc said:

During the game commentators be like, the Panthers should really find Newton a true WR1.

Benjamin, Funchess, Samuel, DJ Moore all high picks

Maybe the problem is Cam

The only receivers out of that bunch that would see the field on our team are DJ Moore and Samuel.

Cam is apart of the problem but Funchess and Benjamin weren't exactly worldbeaters either.