Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wartownfalcon

Justin Fields to transfer

1,728 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Turkeydawg said:

Not lying one bit.  He wasn't going to beat out Fromm, so I would have been fine with him moving on.  I would have liked to see him challenge Fromm next year, but I guess he wasn't willing to do so, so there's that.  I think it's a shame that these kids are so quick to bail, when they don't have immediate success. 

lmao. You can't MAKE a coach play you.  Fromm DIDN'T beat out Jacob Eason. Folks done forgot that....  Justin and his family are rightfully upset that Justin was misused during games he could have gotten reps...  The colleges and coaches look at college football for what it is BUSINESS.  If a player looks at it like that then suddenly he has to be called selfish.  Eason rightfully bounced and Justin is doing the same...

Edited by slickgadawg

2 hours ago, WOR said:

You're getting close to a breakthrough here my friend. 

Competing isn't the issue.... He won't even get the chance to compete at UGA for 2 more years. 

That's the entire point. 

:lol:

1 minute ago, slickgadawg said:

lmao. You can't MAKE a coach play you.  Fromm DIDN'T beat out Jacob Eason. Folks done forgot that....  Justin and his family are rightfully upset that Justin was misused during games he could have gotten reps...

They can be upset that he was misused his freshman season, and that's their right.  But realistically, what do you think it would have taken to satisfy the Fields family?  7 more snaps  per game? 3 extra pass attempts?

sdogg likes this

2 hours ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

Eason transferred for the exact same reason but he didn't anywhere near this level of vitriol. 

Why is that? 

Which is WHY Justin HAS to move on.  Even the guys on 92.9 The Game said as such.  

6 minutes ago, Billy Ocean said:

Maybe after a year of working with them, Fields just doesn’t see Chaney and Coley as being as capable of developing his potential as other coaching staffs might be.

Fields should transfer to Oklahoma - his game fits like hand in glove on that wide open offense.

14 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

They can be upset that he was misused his freshman season, and that's their right.  But realistically, what do you think it would have taken to satisfy the Fields family?  7 more snaps  per game? 3 extra pass attempts?

You’re both right

I’m not going to argue all the silly stuff that’s being argued over this. Fields is well within his rights to explore his options. He should if he thinks another option might be better for him and I don’t begrudge him one bit for it. 

My issue is with how this has been handled beyond him. He’s practicing, working, doing all the things he’s supposed to do. Meanwhile we have an attorney taking this to Dan Wolken at USA Today and dropping the line about the racial slur incident with the baseball player to try mounting public pressure against the NCAA to make an exception for Justin Fields to transfer and be eligible to play immediately. We have reporters jumping all over every little rumor and putting it out on message boards or twitter without verifying a **** thing. It makes UGA look bad and it makes Fields family look bad.

UGA handled that situation with the baseball player appropriately. The guy was kicked out of school in a matter of like a day or two and a public statement was issued condemning his actions. Fields played before that and even more afterwards. There was no racial discrimination. There are zero grounds to argue for immediate eligibility and the NCAA will reject it. But not before UGA and our football program gets dragged through the mud for a situation that was handled properly. I mean we already have people in this thread posting “it’s racial” bs.

I’m really upset at how the coaches handled playing him. Really ticked off that the last impression we may have of Justin Fields as a Dawg is that god awful fake punt against Bama.

The bottom line right now is that Fields has not transferred. He could. It may even be likely. But he hasn’t yet, nor has he indicated that he will. He is exploring his options, as any QB of his ability in his situation should. He may very well stay on the team. The way people are treating this situation is ridiculous right now.

2 hours ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

Both left because they see their chance of getting to the next level is much better not being a backup. 

It's easy for you to say that Fields should stay and wait his turn because you don't have a possible career to worry about. He's got millions on the line potentially and making the wrong decision can be very costly. 

I don't begrudge either of them for their decision because they are the only ones that are going to look out for them. These universities will discard them the moment they are of no use to them, so let's stop with the commitment and loyalty talk. 

Exactly.  The Eason thing proved that.  Its the same situation regardless of how its spinned. Both quarterbacks thought they would get reps to impress NFL scouts.  Ain't happening at a school which is based on running the ball and defense and can protect a quarterback who doesn't necessarily have the skillset of a Eason or Justin.  This is not a knock on Fromm.  Fromm earned the right to keep starting. But heck, he is Aaron Murray. Lets get real here and thats not a bad thing either...

Edited by slickgadawg
g-dawg likes this

50 minutes ago, VA F.O. said:

Fields has all the potential in the world if he can just learn to relax out there 

Hard to relax when you come in for one play here or two there.  It makes a player want to make every play count - thus the one read and then run if first pass read not there - it worked because Justin was very productive but it didn’t really help him develop.

2 hours ago, WOR said:

Yall worried about the future need to relax. 

Players/recruiting should be the last of UGA fans worries. Kirby has proven hes probably the best in the business at getting players. That's not an issue. He can get another Fromm, another Fields, another Kyler Murray transfer. 

Our future depends on coaching. Not whether or not we still have Justin fields. Chaney and Kirby brain farts are the only thing holding us back. 

I'm starting to see a pattern.  Kirby is a excellent x and o coach and recruiter. Head coach and game management? Very questionable...

9 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Fields should transfer to Oklahoma - his game fits like hand in glove on that wide open offense.

That’s where I’d go, assuming Jerry Jones doesn’t hire Lincoln Riley.

7 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Exactly.  The Eason thing proved that.  Its the same situation regardless of how its spinned. Both quarterbacks thought they would get reps to impress NFL scouts.  Ain't happening at a school which is based on running the ball and defense and can protect a quarterback who doesn't necessarily have the skillset of a Eason or Justin.  This is not a knock on Fromm.  Fromm earned the right to keep starting. But heck, he is Aaron Murray. Lets get real here and thats not a bad thing either...

I think Murray had a better skill set than Fromm. Murray just had to play behind mediocre at best offensive lines and a cast of running backs that left a lot to be desired. We had to ask Murray to do a lot more for us than what’s been required of Fromm.

Spts1 likes this

7 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Hard to relax when you come in for one play here or two there.  It makes a player want to make every play count - thus the one read and then run if first pass read not there - it worked because Justin was very productive but it didn’t really help him develop.

That 4th and 11 sealed his transfer for that reason. EVERYBODY including the concession stand people who was watching the game on the tvs at the Benz knew that Justin was getting the ball in that situation...:lol:

g-dawg likes this

18 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Fields would probably put up some sick numbers in that system.  

g-dawg likes this

36 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

If not a quarter here and there at LEAST a SERIES here in there in meaningful games.  LSU debacle. Florida debacle.  Those goal line situations where Georgia couldn't get the ball into the endzone.  There were tons of situations where a Urban Meyer, Saban, etc. would have found a way to get him reps and NEEDED him to get those reps. 

Kirby has shown that he is riding with Fromm REGARDLESS.  It got to the point that even bringing Justin in became too late and a mistake.  No way he should have gotten reps in the SEC championship game for instance because at that point he didn't have enough game experience. If used correctly during the season then putting him in would have made more sense because he would've had the experience and could better fit the flow of the game.

Edited by slickgadawg

10 minutes ago, Billy Ocean said:

That’s where I’d go, assuming Jerry Jones doesn’t hire Lincoln Riley.

I think Murray had a better skill set than Fromm. Murray just had to play behind mediocre at best offensive lines and a cast of running backs that left a lot to be desired. We had to ask Murray to do a lot more for us than what’s been required of Fromm.

I have to admit. Even I was trying to think back at who the running backs were when Murray was quarterback...:lol:

g-dawg likes this

41 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I’d prefer Miami cause I live close.  But it’s being said Ohio State is the likely spot

11 minutes ago, 95Dawg said:

umm Todd Gurley anyone

How soon you forget running Carlton Thomas up the middle and trying to make Richard Samuel into a running back. The reason Isaiah Crowell’s recruitment was so huge was because the mess our backfield had become. Then when he got here he kept asking off the field after he got hit.

datboilando likes this

Just now, Billy Ocean said:

How soon you forget running Carlton Thomas up the middle and trying to make Richard Samuel into a running back. The reason Isaiah Crowell’s recruitment was so huge was because the mess our backfield had become. Then when he got here he kept asking off the field after he got hit.

5'7 rb out of Frostproof Fl, on 3rd and long.

When someone on Twitter told Salyer he should transfer too since he was beat out by another true freshman who was recruited to play tackle -

Jamaree Salyer  ♠️Retweeted Adrian Lewis

That ain’t how I roll man , I’m happy for all my brothers and I trust the process and the coaches’ decisions. Gotta use everyday to get better and I’ll be ready when my name is called. But thank you for believing in me