Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wartownfalcon

Justin Fields to transfer

1,728 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, UAB_DAWG said:

Weren't you making similar claims about your buddies watching Fields and Fromm at practice tho? Seemed like you were essentially claiming what they said as fact even though you weren't there. I think it's about the same as what @youngbloodz is saying here.

Difference being, I actually said what was told to me by someone who is involved with the team and was at every practice.  I didn't say "someone at practice told me some stuff and therefore fields isn't playing as much".  

49 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

Difference being, I actually said what was told to me by someone who is involved with the team and was at every practice.  I didn't say "someone at practice told me some stuff and therefore fields isn't playing as much".  

You weren't there so you really dont know. It's the same thing. You believe him when you weren't there lol

g-dawg likes this

1 hour ago, Ransack said:

There is negative recruiting and then there's Kirby negative recruiting. Negative recruiting is a coach saying something discouraging about another school or coach. Kirby negative recruiting is having a montage of of clips put together for a short film showing a certain QB how another schools offensive linemen left their QB laying the dirt time and time again without offering a hand up.

Let me first state that I'm pretty sure just about every single college coach negative recruits, and I don't really have a problem with it as long as it falls short of bald-faced lying. Sometimes the hard truth needs to be said. That being said...

So, let me see if I've understood you correctly here. Showing video evidence of a factual situation is considered negative recruiting? 

Yeah...not so much. 

Edited by RandomFan

52 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

You weren't there so you really dont know. It's the same thing. You believe him when you weren't there lol

OK, so what I said, is exactly what Sac heard from people he also knew to be at practices, so though I wasn't there, his sources were telling him pretty much verbatim of what I had posted .  Not to mention, my contact is family through marriage, not a hs coach from a school in Miami, who might be disappointed that one of his kids is leaving not only the city, but the state as well.

Edited by Turkeydawg

1 hour ago, Turkeydawg said:

OK, so what I said, is exactly what Sac heard from people he also knew to be at practices, so though I wasn't there, his sources were telling him pretty much verbatim of what I had posted .  Not to mention, my contact is family through marriage, not a hs coach from a school in Miami, who might be disappointed that one of his kids is leaving not only the city, but the state as well.

Lol you assume a lot. I'm from Miami and went to Miami so could it be possible all my south Florida contacts are people I went to school with,family,or personal friends? 

15 hours ago, youngbloodz said:

Lol you assume a lot. I'm from Miami and went to Miami so could it be possible all my south Florida contacts are people I went to school with,family,or personal friends? 

Sure, but it's tough to say that you know for a fact that someone slandered Miami, without knowing what was said.  I still find it odd, that for someone who follows recruiting like you do, follows Miami football, and attended Mimi, wouldn't ask the question as to what was said by Kirby to "slander' Miami.

17 hours ago, Turkeydawg said:

Why didn’t I read any negative practice reports about Fields until after it was announced he was looking to transfer? Back during the season the only things said about Fields were positive and Sac was saying we needed to get him more playing time after the LSU game.

Spts1, g-dawg and frankly88 like this

1 hour ago, Billy Ocean said:

Why didn’t I read any negative practice reports about Fields until after it was announced he was looking to transfer? Back during the season the only things said about Fields were positive and Sac was saying we needed to get him more playing time after the LSU game.

I wanted to see more Fields too, we all did after the LSU game.  See the thread below where everyone mentioned as much and I even mentioned about Fields being up and down in practice.

As for me, i spoke with the person who is at every practice on Christmas Eve.  I also have friends from college who are still close with Kirby and I get bits and pieces from them occasionally as well.

https://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic/4065899-justin-fields/?page=2

*** I mentioned what Jake had said based on practice, so that was prior to any announcement and coming straight from 247 folks.

Edited by Turkeydawg

" I done told yall...  Justin can throw that ball..."

Related image

" whose next? "

Image result for coming to america barbershop gif

Related image

Edited by slickgadawg

3 hours ago, Billy Ocean said:

Why didn’t we ever hear anything about Fields playing baseball until after he transferred? Do you think he will play baseball at Ohio State? Maybe he will get drafted by MLB?

The issue was never that he didn’t look good in practice, he just didn’t have a command of the offense, was not consistent and wasn’t any better than Fromm at execution. That’s the gist of it. He was given many opportunities and wasn’t good enough to take the job from someone he came in thinking he would run out of town. Poor him.

It’s not a case of it always being this way or that way or not. He had opportunities to win the job and never separated himself from Jake Fromm. Most of the “bad reports” were regarding his body language and lack of energy. His attitude spoiled over the course of the season and with that came loose lips after his decision was made.

There’s a reason people don’t post much negative stuff about players on the roster, kids putting in work for UGA and trying to represent the school at all times. Why build a pile of trash on top of yourself? It shouldn’t be any surprise that you don’t openly hear negative stuff about a player until they leave or get kicked off the team.

m2Falcons likes this

14 minutes ago, Carter said:

Why didn’t we ever hear anything about Fields playing baseball until after he transferred? Do you think he will play baseball at Ohio State? Maybe he will get drafted by MLB?

The issue was never that he didn’t look good in practice, he just didn’t have a command of the offense, was not consistent and wasn’t any better than Fromm at execution. That’s the gist of it. He was given many opportunities and wasn’t good enough to take the job from someone he came in thinking he would run out of town. Poor him.

It’s not a case of it always being this way or that way or not. He had opportunities to win the job and never separated himself from Jake Fromm.

This.

m2Falcons likes this

5 hours ago, Turkeydawg said:

Sure, but it's tough to say that you know for a fact that someone slandered Miami, without knowing what was said.  I still find it odd, that for someone who follows recruiting like you do, follows Miami football, and attended Mimi, wouldn't ask the question as to what was said by Kirby to "slander' Miami.

Ok sir. Let it be odd

33 minutes ago, Carter said:

It’s not a case of it always being this way or that way or not. He had opportunities to win the job and never separated himself from Jake Fromm. Most of the “bad reports” were regarding his body language and lack of energy. His attitude spoiled over the course of the season and with that came loose lips after his decision was made.

There’s a reason people don’t post much negative stuff about players on the roster, kids putting in work for UGA and trying to represent the school at all times. Why build a pile of trash on top of yourself? It shouldn’t be any surprise that you don’t openly hear negative stuff about a player until they leave or get kicked off the team.

I would think someone would leak it before though. The timing is suspicious though. But it doesn't matter now

27 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

I would think someone would leak it before though. The timing is suspicious though. But it doesn't matter now

i believe I have been very fair in this situation with fields.  I haven't trashed him personally and I was one of those who was not happy with how our staff used him wanting to see him play a lot more than he did.  So when i say the below I hope people understand this isn't coming from any dislike for fields personally.  there were discussions back then about fields good and bad from people at practice.. this wasn't just leaked when it was clear field's was transferring.. I talked to a lot of people who saw it firsthand and what carter is saying is 100% accurate.  field's was not close to being ready to beating out fromm due to his inability to pick up the offense and presnap reads.  also fields was a bad influence in our lockerroom (frankly i think kirby did one of his best coaching jobs this past year with some of the issues) which started early in the season and he also hurt us with a few guys in recruiting which i talked about months ago.  you gotta to remember field's dad was publicly going after our coaching staff in august about his son playing time and we hadn't played a game yet.  that really said it all regarding field's and his belief that he would be the starting qb.  when it was clear fields wasn't getting the 1st team reps like fromm in the preseason his dad decided to take a shot and serve notice to our coaching staff.  when i saw that i knew we were going to have issues this season.  there is a lot more that I can say about this situation that I know, but I don't want to continue this stuff anymore than I already have.   I was really hoping after the transfer this thread would die, but it's like jason from friday the 13th or freddy krueger.  LOL 

1 hour ago, SacFalcFan said:

i believe I have been very fair in this situation with fields.  I haven't trashed him personally and I was one of those who was not happy with how our staff used him wanting to see him play a lot more than he did.  So when i say the below I hope people understand this isn't coming from any dislike for fields personally.  there were discussions back then about fields good and bad from people at practice.. this wasn't just leaked when it was clear field's was transferring.. I talked to a lot of people who saw it firsthand and what carter is saying is 100% accurate.  field's was not close to being ready to beating out fromm due to his inability to pick up the offense and presnap reads.  also fields was a bad influence in our lockerroom (frankly i think kirby did one of his best coaching jobs this past year with some of the issues) which started early in the season and he also hurt us with a few guys in recruiting which i talked about months ago.  you gotta to remember field's dad was publicly going after our coaching staff in august about his son playing time and we hadn't played a game yet.  that really said it all regarding field's and his belief that he would be the starting qb.  when it was clear fields wasn't getting the 1st team reps like fromm in the preseason his dad decided to take a shot and serve notice to our coaching staff.  when i saw that i knew we were going to have issues this season.  there is a lot more that I can say about this situation that I know, but I don't want to continue this stuff anymore than I already have.   I was really hoping after the transfer this thread would die, but it's like jason from friday the 13th or freddy krueger.  LOL 

Never will it die lol. You're opinion holds more weight with me than you probably know. So I believe you and you have always been fair.

SacFalcFan likes this

1 hour ago, SacFalcFan said:

giphy.gif

m2Falcons and SacFalcFan like this

3 hours ago, Billy Ocean said:

Wasn’t he supposed to be a locker room cancer who was tearing the team apart during preparation for Florida?

Well there is the reality of...

Two weeks of prep for Florida in which Fields got a lot practice time/plan was to play him, but he didn’t see the field v. Gators.

Read between the lines.

Justin Fields' lawyer: NCAA waiver had nothing to do with racism

Some of those reports suggested that Fields' case for a waiver would center around a racist incident that occurred during his freshman season with the Georgia Bulldogs. Former Georgia baseball player Adam Sasser used a racial slur in the stands at a game while referring to Fields. Sasser was later kicked off the team following an investigation by the athletic department.

However, Fields' statement after it was announced that he would be eligible to play with the Buckeyes next season seemed to dispel the notion that the racial slur had much, if anything, to do with his case to obtain a waiver. Attorney Tom Mars, who represented Fields, affirmed that assumption in a comment to ESPN on Thursday.

"Irrefutable documentation that has nothing to do with racism was presented to the NCAA in support of OSU’s request that Justin Fields be given a waiver," Mars said. "That information wasn’t critical of -- and didn’t reflect poorly on -- the UGA culture, the UGA administration or staff, any particular student, or the student body. And it certainly didn’t reflect poorly on Justin or any member of his family. However, that documentation did provide support for the issuance of a waiver under the NCAA’s rules."

https://247sports.com/Article/Justin-Fields-Ohio-State-waiver-Georgia-football-racism-129122235/

WHAT grounds were presented then?

Image result for hmmm gif

Edited by slickgadawg
fibonaccisquared likes this

That statement says absolutely nothing and it tells me they don't like the air of "playing the race card" following Justin and his family. It also contradicts what has been said the entire time regarding the waiver request.

Anthony Dasher had made a FOIA request with UGA to disclose any and all written communications between UGA Athletic Association and the NCAA regarding Justin Fields, but UGA responded by saying they could not comply because it would include education records which are protected under US Code and Georgia state law.

We will probably never know the full story.

Yeah I'm not buying it. Sounds like now that the lawyer got what he wants he's trying to backtrack and smooth things over. Probably knowing full well that the full story will never be disclosed.

mike teevee likes this

The Westgate Las Vegas SuperBook has opened odds on the 2019 Heisman Trophy winner with Tagovailoa as the favorite at +250, followed by Clemson quarterback Trevor Lawrence at 3-1. Jalen Hurts (Oklahoma), Justin Fields (Ohio State) and Adrian Martinez (Nebraska) are tied for the next-best odds at 6-1, followed by Wisconsin running back Jonathan Taylor at 15-1.

http://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id/26092609/tagovailoa-favorite-win-heisman-next-season