Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wartownfalcon

Justin Fields to transfer

1,649 posts in this topic

Alright... Let's do this one time. I am very unlikely to respond to further discussion here, as this isn't meant to facilitate more conversation, rather just to clarify that the statements made so far about Justin are not only not unreasonable, but that they are more based in fact than you're willing to admit.

4 hours ago, Carter said:

Nothing came out about Eason transferring until the season was over. ****, Eason still tweets out positive stuff about UGA.

Where are the quotes, tweets, etc. where Justin has trashed UGA?  have seen nothing but positives and compliments he has thrown Dawgs way.

Nothing about these two statements align. Justin didn't just transfer, he timed his name going into the portal to coincide with Early Signing Period. You can claim that it was coincidental, and that's fine. Myself and most rational individuals are going to look at that and say "the kid knew what he was doing... he was a highly rated recruit and understands the process and the important dates".

Now... with that said, you can also make the case that it would be pretty ****** to sell a kid on going to play with Fields and then have him transfer, but given that we didn't have any unexpected decommitments, and the only recruit you could conceivably say was "impacted" by his decision was Haselwood pretty much tells us that wasn't an issue to begin with.

Ultimately, it is what it is, but Eason handled his transfer significantly differently.

Fields on the other hand had a lawyer leak out to a national media sports writer the week of early signing day

What are your sources that show that Fields or his family leaked out or approved of leaking out the transfer?

Nothing had to be "leaked"... By choosing when to put his name in the transfer portal, the information was going out the week of ESD anyways... the only thing the attorney did (which could only happen with the permission of the family and/or Justin unless that attorney is shadier than Hugh Freeze at Ole Miss) was then leak out information as to WHY Justin might be contemplating a transfer. This again would have required their permission or at least their agreement once it came out, or they could have clarified that it was not the case... given that they rode with it, that is known as tacit agreement

Tacit

Implied, inferred, understood without being expressly stated.

Tacit refers to something done or made in silence, as in a tacit agreement. A tacit understanding is manifested by the fact that no contradiction or objection is made and is thus inferred from the situation and the circumstances.

If they were okay with playing the race card, I don't understand how they can also be willing to allow their african american daughter to attend such a racist institution. It's two faced.

Then a video surfaced of him complaining to a teammate about his role as a backup.

What did Fields say in the video?   As I recall it went something like this:  

Teammate:  "You played well today."

Fields:  "Yeah, I was really good handing the ball off."

Was not said to a reporter, was not said for public consumption - didn't even make its way to print/video in public until after the transfer was known.     What is the unforgiveable sin there?  that is ridiculous Carter.

As noted above, you've paraphrased a short statement to make Fields seem less egregiously out of line here. Specifically, it was "Yeah, I handed the ball off good as f&&k. I didn't do ****."

But here's the thing about that statement. That it wasn't said to a reporter doesn't actually matter here. It serves as a window into Justin's attitude as early as GAME 3 of his freshman season. In response to a reasonable "good job out there" from a teammate, rather than graciously accepting the praise even if he felt it was unnecessary, he seems to imply here that he could and should be doing more. If you're unhappy in game 3 as a freshman because you're not playing and there was an incumbent starter in your role who just took the team to a national championship appearance and SEC title, I'd say you've got your head so far up your rear end that you may need a flashlight to get out.

His audience matters here, but not in the way you think. The fact that this was said to a teammate indicates that this is not just a front, but rather his actual personality and the way he interacted with guys on the team regularly. THAT, is a problem... one that if you didn't know Justin you'd likely have referred to as something akin to a "locker room cancer".

Every time the camera showed him on the sideline he was sitting on the bench or standing with his hands hanging up on the neck of his shoulder pads looking bored and disgruntled. He was rarely seen around Fromm.

I already agreed that I believe there was tension - you could feel it w/ Fromm's comments and you could speculate it with the lack of interaction between the two on the sideline - for this, I would only be GUESSING but to me it is a really bad look for Fields.

This is not really assumption/speculation when you couple it with the previous statement. It's more evidence that would lend support to the idea that Justin was unhappy with his role and was largely unable to mask it.

He turned at least one recruit and long time commit against UGA.

That's a stretch.   Very good chance that Haselwood never commits to UGA in the first place w/o Fields.   If Haselwood's sole reason for coming to UGA was Justin Fields - then he was never really a Dawg to begin with.    If you want to knock Fields for Haselwood then at least give him credit for helping UGA staff recruit the players he did in 2018 class - net/net Fields was a PLUS for UGA recruiting.

Personally, not even sure that Fields is the reason why Haselwood didn't pick UGA, but there was plenty of chatter that Justin was less than "helpful" with several recruits who were visiting. I'm not going to name names here, but suffice it to say, I've heard from credible insiders that seemingly once Justin had made up his mind, he wasn't going to let his presence be a "point of value" for our recruiting either on several of the late OVs... Again, I'm not that torn up about it, as I think we shouldn't be selling falsehoods, but that's *our staff's* job, not Justin's.

Ultimately, I'm a big fan of this quote:

"The choices we make, dictate the lives we lead."

Blame Kirby/Chaney or the whole staff for the poor utilization of Justin Fields this year... It's fair and rational fans questioned it most of the year...

Blame them for Justin deciding to transfer... I'm fine with it. I think ultimately, this one comes down to opinion and speculation. Based on Justin's behavior/personality, it seemed he was destined to go unless he got his way. 

But, the way it went down and how it was handled, that was Justin and/or his family's choice. Justin's actions/behavior as portrayed by the video clip, his body language on the side lines, etc... it all largely supports the conclusion that he was very much about himself and that's a shame. We all want to do well personally at whatever we do (or at least I hope most do)... but when you allow your personal success to come at the expense of others and don't care how you do it... those are decisions/choices... and they do in fact dictate the life you're living.

As I said. Lot of room to grow. Fortunately, I don't have to have any investment in the outcome.

Yo_Lover, Carter, m2Falcons and 4 others like this

43 minutes ago, fibonaccisquared said:

Everybody's somethin'... :lol: How are things settling in down at the U? You feeling good about the new staff? I have no issues with threadjacking this runaway train wreck. :lol:

I wasn't happy with the hire at first but I love his attitude and the staff he has assembled. Enos was a homerun hire. And getting Butch Barry from Tampa Bay as o line coach was a great move too. We also got a grad assistant from UGA as an analyst Jesse Stone. So I'm really loving his staff hires. Hopefully Martell can get a waiver 

fibonaccisquared likes this

48 minutes ago, fibonaccisquared said:

Alright... Let's do this one time. I am very unlikely to respond to further discussion here, as this isn't meant to facilitate more conversation, rather just to clarify that the statements made so far about Justin are not only not unreasonable, but that they are more based in fact than you're willing to admit.

Nothing about these two statements align. Justin didn't just transfer, he timed his name going into the portal to coincide with Early Signing Period. You can claim that it was coincidental, and that's fine. Myself and most rational individuals are going to look at that and say "the kid knew what he was doing... he was a highly rated recruit and understands the process and the important dates".

Now... with that said, you can also make the case that it would be pretty ****** to sell a kid on going to play with Fields and then have him transfer, but given that we didn't have any unexpected decommitments, and the only recruit you could conceivably say was "impacted" by his decision was Haselwood pretty much tells us that wasn't an issue to begin with.

Ultimately, it is what it is, but Eason handled his transfer significantly differently.

Nothing had to be "leaked"... By choosing when to put his name in the transfer portal, the information was going out the week of ESD anyways... the only thing the attorney did (which could only happen with the permission of the family and/or Justin unless that attorney is shadier than Hugh Freeze at Ole Miss) was then leak out information as to WHY Justin might be contemplating a transfer. This again would have required their permission or at least their agreement once it came out, or they could have clarified that it was not the case... given that they rode with it, that is known as tacit agreement

Tacit

Implied, inferred, understood without being expressly stated.

Tacit refers to something done or made in silence, as in a tacit agreement. A tacit understanding is manifested by the fact that no contradiction or objection is made and is thus inferred from the situation and the circumstances.

If they were okay with playing the race card, I don't understand how they can also be willing to allow their african american daughter to attend such a racist institution. It's two faced.

As noted above, you've paraphrased a short statement to make Fields seem less egregiously out of line here. Specifically, it was "Yeah, I handed the ball off good as f&&k. I didn't do ****."

But here's the thing about that statement. That it wasn't said to a reporter doesn't actually matter here. It serves as a window into Justin's attitude as early as GAME 3 of his freshman season. In response to a reasonable "good job out there" from a teammate, rather than graciously accepting the praise even if he felt it was unnecessary, he seems to imply here that he could and should be doing more. If you're unhappy in game 3 as a freshman because you're not playing and there was an incumbent starter in your role who just took the team to a national championship appearance and SEC title, I'd say you've got your head so far up your rear end that you may need a flashlight to get out.

His audience matters here, but not in the way you think. The fact that this was said to a teammate indicates that this is not just a front, but rather his actual personality and the way he interacted with guys on the team regularly. THAT, is a problem... one that if you didn't know Justin you'd likely have referred to as something akin to a "locker room cancer".

This is not really assumption/speculation when you couple it with the previous statement. It's more evidence that would lend support to the idea that Justin was unhappy with his role and was largely unable to mask it.

Personally, not even sure that Fields is the reason why Haselwood didn't pick UGA, but there was plenty of chatter that Justin was less than "helpful" with several recruits who were visiting. I'm not going to name names here, but suffice it to say, I've heard from credible insiders that seemingly once Justin had made up his mind, he wasn't going to let his presence be a "point of value" for our recruiting either on several of the late OVs... Again, I'm not that torn up about it, as I think we shouldn't be selling falsehoods, but that's *our staff's* job, not Justin's.

Ultimately, I'm a big fan of this quote:

"The choices we make, dictate the lives we lead."

Blame Kirby/Chaney or the whole staff for the poor utilization of Justin Fields this year... It's fair and rational fans questioned it most of the year...

Blame them for Justin deciding to transfer... I'm fine with it. I think ultimately, this one comes down to opinion and speculation. Based on Justin's behavior/personality, it seemed he was destined to go unless he got his way. 

But, the way it went down and how it was handled, that was Justin and/or his family's choice. Justin's actions/behavior as portrayed by the video clip, his body language on the side lines, etc... it all largely supports the conclusion that he was very much about himself and that's a shame. We all want to do well personally at whatever we do (or at least I hope most do)... but when you allow your personal success to come at the expense of others and don't care how you do it... those are decisions/choices... and they do in fact dictate the life you're living.

As I said. Lot of room to grow. Fortunately, I don't have to have any investment in the outcome.

Related image

wow - you are really straining to stretch all of this diatribe to paint everything as negative as possible - nothing you have presented here is anything more than conjecture - and in every case you skew the conjecture and assume the most negative light.   kind of sad.   It's beyond absurd how you cast the comments after SC game and downright hysterical how you dwell in your mind that the press leak of the transfer was done to harm UGA recruiting - so, according to your theory, this was done to hurt Kirby and UGA and Kirby was soooo mad about it that he let Justin stay with the team through the Sugar Bowl. :ninja:  Either that or you are so smart and Kirby is an imbecile.

Conspiracy Theory, much?  Zapruder film - you are stretching for a narrative and filling in the gaps of what is known w/ gossip and creativity.

I don't give a rat's arss if you or anyone else likes Justin - but it would be nice to not stretch the truth to help you hate him more.   While I don't pretend that Fields should be a sympathetic figure to DawgNation - he certainly doesn't deserve all the scorn he receives.

3 hours ago, g-dawg said:

I realize you don't want to talk specifics - just snarky comments - that's what happens when you have no facts.

16 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Related image

wow - you are really straining to stretch all of this diatribe to paint everything as negative as possible - nothing you have presented here is anything more than conjecture - and in every case you skew the conjecture and assume the most negative light.   kind of sad.   It's beyond absurd how you cast the comments after SC game and downright hysterical how you dwell in your mind that the press leak of the transfer was done to harm UGA recruiting - so, according to your theory, this was done to hurt Kirby and UGA and Kirby was soooo mad about it that he let Justin stay with the team through the Sugar Bowl. :ninja:  Either that or you are so smart and Kirby is an imbecile.

Conspiracy Theory, much?  Zapruder film

I don't give a rat's arss if you or anyone else likes Justin - but it would be nice to not stretch the truth to help you hate him more.   While I don't pretend that Fields should be a sympathetic figure to DawgNation - he certainly doesn't deserve all the scorn he receives.

:huh:

2 hours ago, fibonaccisquared said:

:lol: I would have a conversation with you, but you've proven time and time again that you are not only biased, but unwilling to listen to an alternate view that doesn't support your opinion of Justin. It's fine... let it go. The only reason I replied above is because someone quoted me and I don't think they understood what my remark was specifically pointed at. 

not true at all.  Go back and read what I wrote and tell me I have given Justin a pass.  I had several criticisms of Fields - but I stick to the facts w/o doing the pile on that goes on here - However,  I did even dip my toes in some speculation that is negative.

Appreciate you making my point for me. Just don't be surprised when literally everyone calls you out for knighting for the kid.

If you read everything that I've said in this thread I don't dislike or like the kid... Whether he is successful or not in the future literally will have zero impact on my life or feelings. You however seem to be very invested in the idea that no one should ever make a disparaging remark about him. As I said... let it go and don't ask people to have a conversation with you about him if you can't be objective.

RandomFan and m2Falcons like this

I’m not hating on the kid at all. He’s going to be a beast once he actually develops as a QB. What I said is what happened, there’s really no point in arguing about it. I didn’t put any emotional spin on it to call him a piece of crap or something. He blatantly lied at the expense of UGA to be eligible immediately and in doing so completely lost me. Construing my comments as “hating on Justin” is probably the biggest stretch in this thread. I’m about as indifferent to him at this point as I can be. He can win the Heisman, go 1st overall in the draft and I really won’t care. I’d care about it about as much as I have cared about any other Ohio State player.

4 hours ago, Billy Ocean said:

I’ve been posting here for like a decade and this is the worst thread we’ve ever had. Fitting that it was started by a Tech fan.

No way man, the fire Richt thread was way worse than this. That **** thread got resurrected for like 3 or 4 years I think, every single time we had a bad game or even just had so so performance in a win... and it got nasty lol

fibonaccisquared likes this

I think once you realize college football is a cutthroat business you pretty much expect the worse to come out of some people. Players and coaches. It's all about using it to your benefit and that goes for everyone involved in college football 

3 hours ago, g-dawg said:

not true at all.  Go back and read what I wrote and tell me I have given Justin a pass.  I had several criticisms of Fields - but I stick to the facts w/o doing the pile on that goes on here - However,  I did even dip my toes in some speculation that is negative.

You misquote him to make it look less toxic than it was. Then ignored it.

Ransack and Porter Osborne Jr like this

20 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

I think once you realize college football is a cutthroat business you pretty much expect the worse to come out of some people. Players and coaches. It's all about using it to your benefit and that goes for everyone involved in college football 

Yeah it’s cutthroat for sure. I know for a fact that the coaches wanted Justin to stay though and tried to talk him out of transferring before it became public. One person I know with connections told me the coaches even felt good that he would stay and were blindsided by the week of early signing day stunt. They weren’t going to kiss his *** after he signed, he never got the derecruitment memo... and it seems he really wants to have his *** kissed and be the star QB, which he will get all day long from Ryan Day.

There was no need to lie about the baseball stuff though, that actually makes real hard working and honest people at UGA that had nothing to do with it look bad on racial grounds and that’s complete horse **** imo. The NCAA probably would have granted his waiver regardless.

24 minutes ago, Carter said:

Yeah it’s cutthroat for sure. I know for a fact that the coaches wanted Justin to stay though and tried to talk him out of transferring before it became public. One person I know with connections told me the coaches even felt good that he would stay and were blindsided by the week of early signing day stunt. They weren’t going to kiss his *** after he signed, he never got the derecruitment memo... and it seems he really wants to have his *** kissed and be the star QB, which he will get all day long from Ryan Day.

There was no need to lie about the baseball stuff though, that actually makes real hard working and honest people at UGA that had nothing to do with it look bad on racial grounds and that’s complete horse **** imo. The NCAA probably would have granted his waiver regardless.

Coaches lie all the time. I know for a fact Kirby slandered Miami to get Tyrique Stevenson. So players are just playing the game back. It's a dirty business. Fields could have handled it a lot better. But 19 year olds make mistakes and hopefully he learns from it. 

1 hour ago, youngbloodz said:

Coaches lie all the time. I know for a fact Kirby slandered Miami to get Tyrique Stevenson. So players are just playing the game back. It's a dirty business. Fields could have handled it a lot better. But 19 year olds make mistakes and hopefully he learns from it. 

How did Kirby slander Miami?

52 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

How did Kirby slander Miami?

I wasn't told exactly what he said but I was told by a Southridge coach that Kirby was talking b.s. about Miami and some stuff that aren't true. Most coaches negative recruit so that's nothing new. Except Richt I was told he doesn't do that

2 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

Daaaammmnnnn @fibonaccisquared tore @g-dawg apart. He dissected you apart and all you can come back with is "hurr Durr conspiracy theory, hurrrr duurrrrr hater".

Uh huh.  If I was defense attorney and Fibonacci were the prosecutor and there were 12 impartial jurors,  Fields would be acquitted with an apology to him from the judge.

The amount of unsubstantiated drivel that had come out of this thread makes many of you look like women in a beauty parlor.

2 hours ago, youngbloodz said:

Kirby used to talk trash about UGA a lot when he was at Bama. He would tell kids that he would be the next head coach and play up Richt being on the hot seat. I believed for some time before we hired him that he would be the ideal candidate to replace Richt but had probably burned bridges. Fortunately for him he had the support of big time boosters and admin that had it out for Richt for many years. You’re right about that though, coaches lie and negative recruiting goes on all the time. 

Just now, Carter said:

Kirby used to talk trash about UGA a lot when he was at Bama. He would tell kids that he would be the next head coach and play up Richt being on the hot seat. I believed for some time before we hired him that he would be the ideal candidate to replace Richt but had probably burned bridges. Fortunately for him he had the support of big time boosters and admin that had it out for Richt for many years. You’re right about that though, coaches lie and negative recruiting goes on all the time. 

Kirby came to Carrollton to recruit Dontavious Russell and said those exact things about UGA and Richt lol. I just now remembered it. 

8 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Uh huh.  If I was defense attorney and Fibonacci were the prosecutor and there were 12 impartial jurors,  Fields would be acquitted with an apology to him from the judge.

The amount of unsubstantiated drivel that had come out of this thread makes many of you look like women in a beauty parlor.

Nah.. you’re just in too deep

22 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

I wasn't told exactly what he said but I was told by a Southridge coach that Kirby was talking b.s. about Miami and some stuff that aren't true. Most coaches negative recruit so that's nothing new. Except Richt I was told he doesn't do that

So you don't know for a fact?  What was bs and what was said?

Edited by Turkeydawg

19 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

There is only one person in this thread continually pissin' in the wind and wondering why they are getting wet. 

While you're still thinking you're on the right side of this argument, this is the actual reality:

tenor.gif?itemid=9409526

m2Falcons likes this

6 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

You put words in my mouth and minimize much of the context regarding Fields choices and behavior. You’re really only arguing about his character because you talked them up so much. You’re in denial. I was too, even with people I trust and people I know that have legit inside connections telling me what was going on. You talked up him and his dad a lot and instead of just seeing the plain truth that contradicts what you want to believe about them you’re doubling down on it. 

He's not a bad kid and I’m not trashing him. But whatever. This is one of those situations where the more you tell someone the truth the more they are convinced they are right and everyone else is wrong.

4 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

Daaaammmnnnn @fibonaccisquared tore @g-dawg apart. He dissected you apart and all you can come back with is "hurr Durr conspiracy theory, hurrrr duurrrrr hater".

Let me first start with this. In no way was my original comment or reply intended to dissect anyone or take them down. It was a systematic readback of what was said and why contextually they were either inaccurate or at a minimum that a reasonable party with no significant bias could have a differing opinion.

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

With that said... what are you on about here tilting at windmills? No one said anything about a court of law. You have an *opinion*. Not objective fact. An opinion. Many here have a differing opinion... which you continually beat the drum to attempt to dissuade them as though they are the only ones who can be wrong. I've now explicitly shown you why that alternate opinion *could* be not only considered plausible, but perhaps even likely.

I DON'T CARE WHAT HAPPENS TO HIM IN ANY WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM. I HARBOR NO SIGNIFICANT ILL WILL TOWARD HIM REGARDLESS OF MY OPINIONS ON HOW HE CONDUCTED HIMSELF THROUGHOUT HIS TIME AT UGA OR HIS TRANSITION ELSEWHERE.

Hopefully in Bold, Italics, and Underlined you will understand this...

But nothing in any of my comments would be conceivably read as "unsubstantiated" or "drivel"... But you keep on. Declare yourself the winner against the windmills. Just because not everyone worships the ground the dude walks on doesn't make them a hater.

Just in case you forgot... here is the EXACT QUOTE as I typed it previously...

I would have a conversation with you, but you've proven time and time again that you are not only biased, but unwilling to listen to an alternate view that doesn't support your opinion of Justin.

Am I trying to convict the kid? **** no... As I said... alternate view, your opinion... Unsurprisingly, as stated previously, you continue to prove EXACTLY what I said. You are unwilling to listen. But by all means... please continue Mr. Defense Attorney. The "Prosecution" rests for now.

RandomFan and Yo_Lover like this

5 hours ago, youngbloodz said:

I hold players to the same standard as coaches in this regard. I don't get terribly upset or angry when a kid changes his mind and goes to a different school, even if he strings one program along for a long time only to spurn them at the last moment... Recruiting is a sales pitch...

Once you commit to a program (coach or player), if you wanna leave that program fine, but don't scorched earth the mother trucker on the way out. In the same way, I called Lane Kiffin out for the way he left Tennessee, I think it's fair (to an obvious lesser extent) to be disappointed in how Justin managed his departure... whether you want to blame the kid, his family, the advice he was getting... ultimately they were his decisions to either make or allow someone to make on his behalf. Does that make him a lost cause as a human? Of course not... but it doesn't exactly speak to this incredible picture of moral fiber that is really the only thing that is being disputed. Being 18-19 is hard... I get it. But you know when you're making a crappy decision still...

youngbloodz likes this