Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wartownfalcon

Justin Fields to transfer

1,649 posts in this topic

Just now, g-dawg said:

yep.   no reason his shouldn't be granted as well.

You are looking at the dawn of college free agency.   Gonna be a lot harder for teams like Georgia and Bama that stack talent and depth because the ones that don't rise to the top quickly - a lot of them will bail.

It is what it is.

This definitely have made the offseason very interesting 

g-dawg likes this

10 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

yep.   no reason his shouldn't be granted as well.

You are looking at the dawn of college free agency.   Gonna be a lot harder for teams like Georgia and Bama that stack talent and depth because the ones that don't rise to the top quickly - a lot of them will bail.

It is what it is.

I think this might force teams to stop stacking talent at one position themselves.  In other words, if you already got a 5 star quarterback, you will try and recruit a 4 or.....nope. They ain't gonna do THAT...:lol:

g-dawg likes this

57 minutes ago, Carter said:

He didn't clarify a thing regarding the circumstances of his transfer.  Probably should have said nothing.  The whole thing is disingenuous to the core.  

ncgodawgs, sdogg and m2Falcons like this

I looked at Georgia's and Ohio State's schedule for the coming year.  Its a relatively good chance they could both be undefeated heading into the conference championship games.  One of the national semifinals will be in Atlanta. 

College football had some bad matchups this past playoff.  You COULDN'T get a seat in the dome if Ohio State rolled into Atlanta undefeated to play Georgia...:lol:    Man, match Clemson and Alabama in a rematch in one seminal and Georgia vs Ohio State in the other...:lol:

Edited by slickgadawg
g-dawg likes this

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

Because he got the waiver today.

Okay, he no longer plays with us... why should we care?

2 hours ago, DawgBone said:

He didn't clarify a thing regarding the circumstances of his transfer.  Probably should have said nothing.  The whole thing is disingenuous to the core.  

Pretty sure that is a carefully manufactured statement Justin, his dad and the lawyer came up with. Really doesn’t mean anything other than trying to put a peaceful end to the situation from their end imo.

I am actually glad he got the waiver. Whole thing is over and done with. UGA handled the situation properly and that is noted in every article I’ve seen, he was just able to get a waiver granted based on it happening at all. Indulged a bit with saying he was potentially going to play baseball but meh. He used the system that’s in place to his advantage. Whatever. UGA is fine, college football will be fine.

Best to just move on, he’s a Buckeye now. No longer our problem.

jeffro2000 likes this

27 minutes ago, Nereek said:

Okay, he no longer plays with us... why should we care?

Like it or not, he will be tied to UGA his entire career.

2 hours ago, g-dawg said:

F&ckk that.. Dude was audibly a pain in the *** as early as game 3 in the season. He'll be the guy who couldn't wait his f-ing turn for the rest of his career in all likelihood and rightfully so. I recognize you're a big fan, but right, wrong or indifferent on how his role was handled in Athens, he handled *his* part of it like an entitled piece of sh!it. Hopefully he learns and does  better in the future.

1 hour ago, UAB_DAWG said:

Nobody is forcing you to care or comment.

Big question, why do you still care?

3 hours ago, Carter said:

Pretty sure that is a carefully manufactured statement Justin, his dad and the lawyer came up with. Really doesn’t mean anything other than trying to put a peaceful end to the situation from their end imo.

I am actually glad he got the waiver. Whole thing is over and done with. UGA handled the situation properly and that is noted in every article I’ve seen, he was just able to get a waiver granted based on it happening at all. Indulged a bit with saying he was potentially going to play baseball but meh. He used the system that’s in place to his advantage. Whatever. UGA is fine, college football will be fine.

Best to just move on, he’s a Buckeye now. No longer our problem.

I really don't care about the waiver apart from the potential Pandora's Box the NCAA just opened.  But in light of how he managed to secure his waiver, knowing he'd still be in Athens had he been successful in taking Fromm's job, this statement rings hollow and insincere.  Because despite what some here are saying, it was anything but an amicable split.  So while I wish him no ill will, I can't understand these dawg fans who say they wish him all the best.  Screw that.  But as you said - he's no longer our problem.

sdogg and Carter like this

1 hour ago, fibonaccisquared said:

F&ckk that.. Dude was audibly a pain in the *** as early as game 3 in the season. He'll be the guy who couldn't wait his f-ing turn for the rest of his career in all likelihood and rightfully so. I recognize you're a big fan, but right, wrong or indifferent on how his role was handled in Athens, he handled *his* part of it like an entitled piece of sh!it. Hopefully he learns and does  better in the future.

Man I’m telling you... I don’t know if you watched QB1 on Netflix, I didn’t even find out about it until a month or so ago. Season 2 features Justin Fields and it was really illuminating to me to watch it after he had already transferred from UGA.

Like... he’s not a bad kid, but man his high school coaches did him no favors at all and you can tell his dad has this overbearing personality. Justin thought he knew better than his coaches, frequently backtalked when they were talking to him or the team, told the coach to pull the starters in 2 big games... and his coaches not only let it fly but went along with it. At halftime when Harrison is losing, the coaches come in trying to talk to everyone... the camera pans around and half the kids were on their phones not even listening and the coaches carry on like it’s all cool. In another game they are telling Justin to pass and make his reads and the dude seriously just says nah I’m gonna run it... and he proceeds to drop back and tuck it on every single play. They end up winning, no consequences for Justin. And that obviously carried over to his freshman year in Athens... he wasn’t going to do things the UGA way, he was going to be Justin and not accept that he is powerless over Kirby.

Hes very immature in a certain way and it has been reinforced for him because he’s a star football player.

I'll have you boys know his daddy is a fine man, and because of that Justin is even finer. His daddy be a cop see, we all know that cops can't never do no wrong. They're always good people. So stop with all this nonsense about Justin being an immature kid, he's got the experience and knowledge of a 10 year vet.

sdogg likes this

16 minutes ago, DawgBone said:

I really don't care about the waiver apart from the potential Pandora's Box the NCAA just opened.  But in light of how he managed to secure his waiver, knowing he'd still be in Athens had he been successful in taking Fromm's job, this statement rings hollow and insincere.  Because despite what some here are saying, it was anything but an amicable split.  So while I wish him no ill will, I can't understand these dawg fans who say they wish him all the best.  Screw that.  But as you said - he's no longer our problem.

Oh I agree it is bs. My take on the situation was wrong in many ways and I’m not blind to the fact that I wanted him to be our Deshaun Watson. But he’s just not that. He has a lot of growing up to do.

If you look at some of the comments by Fields and Ryan Day already, he’s going to be coddled by the Ohio State coaches in a way that was never going to happen at UGA. So he probably has a comfort level with it based on his high school experience. He will be treated like the star QB.

I don’t hold any hard feelings toward him, I’ve really just washed my hands of it and I’m very much indifferent towards him. It hurts our depth chart at QB but really I think we’re better off in the long run. Mathis has the right attitude and Bennett is great for the locker room. He just was not a fit for our team and obviously never bought into the idea that he’d have to earn it by excelling at what the coaches asked him to do.

1 hour ago, Nereek said:

Big question, why do you still care?

LOL I really don’t care. He’s not on the team anymore so outside of JF and OSU playing UGA his career, I don’t care whether he succeeds or not. Nice redirect tho.

2 hours ago, fibonaccisquared said:

Hes an immature kid that got a lot of bad advise from people in authority in his life that were supposed to be teaching him to be a man and failed. He’s a kid that just wants to play football next year and it doesn’t appear anyone has bothered to teach him there’s more to life than that and himself. He was offered a way to continue that mentally and took advantage of it. The kid made a series of bad decisions starting with choosing UGA but kids do that, especially those with poor adult leadership. Anyone that expected anything else was fooling themselves. In light of that I don’t hold a grudge against him.And it seems like he walked into another situation where adults will continue to enable him. He’s somebody else’s problem now.

i do hope that getting away from his comfort zone at home will force him to grow up but that doesn’t seem likely at OSU. The more info that comes out continues to show our coaches handled this the right way and that matters to me more than anything else at this point.

10 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Doubtful.  When they talk about Mayfield you really only hear about his time at OU.  Same with Crowell.  

NCAA (not surprisingly) f'ed up on this one. Should've made that boy sit. Legitimate reasons for a waiver are now a joke and the floodgates are open. Complete BS.

sdogg likes this

6 hours ago, UAB_DAWG said:

LOL I really don’t care. He’s not on the team anymore so outside of JF and OSU playing UGA his career, I don’t care whether he succeeds or not. Nice redirect tho.

Exactly.

35 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Why are you in a thread about Justin Fields complaining about people talking about Justin Fields?

Slow night?