Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wartownfalcon

Justin Fields to transfer

1,649 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Turkeydawg said:

We are harping on the race stuff because that is what the Fields camp is using as the justification to be granted immediate playing time.

You do realize that you are free to step away from this thread at any point, right?

Its not "race stuff" or a "race card".  It was a REAL event that happened involving Justin Fields race.    

Carter likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, UAB_DAWG said:

Could be possible that Martel believes fields will get his waiver

Agree. There is something weird going on here.

No way this guy transfers without knowing/getting info that there is a chance of Fields starting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

This is awesome. So much complaining about something that doesn't affect any of us here. But this thread is comedy gold lol. Jealous Ones Envy

Sometimes folks just like to talk and chatter about stuff. Honestly, if you think it is so mindless why do you keep jumping in here and making the thread longer?

Just enjoy the conversation!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

Martell now in the transfer portal.  This could be great if Martell leaves and Fields has to sit.

hahahahahahahahahaahaha

I knew all that Martell bluster on Twitter was BS. 

slickgadawg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

Agree. There is something weird going on here.

No way this guy transfers without knowing/getting info that there is a chance of Fields starting.

Yep, I'm nowhere near this situation but with the racism angle, I have a feeling the waiver is going to get granted and he'll start at Ohio State in 2019.

ETA: And I'm also still of the angle that he won't really be a star until 2020. 2020, I believe he'll win the Heisman.

Edited by VoiceofReason95
g-dawg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BamaBirdLady said:

Sometimes folks just like to talk and chatter about stuff. Honestly, if you think it is so mindless why do you keep jumping in here and making the thread longer?

Just enjoy the conversation!

Ok

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Wardog357 said:

Bring Martell here! LOL Now that would be some funny crapola! :)

Martell was never on the same level as Fields - Martell knew it and that is why he is transferring.  Smart move for him.   Fields will win the job this year and likely vy for Heisman in 2020.

youngbloodz likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, g-dawg said:

Martell was never on the same level as Fields - Martell knew it and that is why he is transferring.  Smart move for him.   Fields will win the job this year and likely vy for Heisman in 2020.

Oh I know all that....but still would be funny!

g-dawg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, VoiceofReason95 said:

Yep, I'm nowhere near this situation but with the racism angle, I have a feeling the waiver is going to get granted and he'll start at Ohio State in 2019.

ETA: And I'm also still of the angle that he won't really be a star until 2020. 2020, I believe he'll win the Heisman.

You are probably right about the racism thing, which really makes me sad for UGA.

UGA is not a racist university and I hate to see someone try and tag it as such. But the truth is when racism is brought up, there has to be an investigation. And rightly so because there is so much racism that exsists in our society it is handled with kit gloves, I just don't think this rises to the level.

The only time I saw Fields really play was in high school when he played against my kids high school and he was awesome, but it was high school.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, frankly88 said:

Its not "race stuff" or a "race card".  It was a REAL event that happened involving Justin Fields race.    

This point seems to be ignored. Something happened and he gets to use it. No one can tell him that it doesn't make him feel some kind of way. It is weak, but since it did happen he gets to use it. As far as I'm concerned, for all the things they suspend players for like jersey sales, why are people so upset that he gets to pull one over on them? Either way he's not at Georgia anymore and while he was at Georgia it seems like he worked hard unless Kirby just lied to the media.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tate Martell should file a grievance that OSU is racist against white QBs lol. 

I cant think of the last one theyve had 

Turkeydawg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

You are probably right about the racism thing, which really makes me sad for UGA.

UGA is not a racist university and I hate to see someone try and tag it as such. But the truth is when racism is brought up, there has to be an investigation. And rightly so because there is so much racism that exsists in our society it is handled with kit gloves, I just don't think this rises to the level.

The only time I saw Fields really play was in high school when he played against my kids high school and he was awesome, but it was high school.

Is he saying UGA is racist university or that the incident that was racist made him feel uncomfortable?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t care to catch up on this thread...so sorry if it had been mentioned. 

Is Fields’ sister still planning on going to UGA? Seems odd if she was. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, mike teevee said:

I don’t care to catch up on this thread...so sorry if it had been mentioned. 

Is Fields’ sister still planning on going to UGA? Seems odd if she was. 

Yep.  Already enrolled.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

hahahahahahahahahaahaha

I knew all that Martell bluster on Twitter was BS. 

Guess he didn't wanna COMPETE.  You can't make this stuff up...

g-dawg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, GAbred said:

Is he saying UGA is racist university or that the incident that was racist made him feel uncomfortable?

Well, I think if he claims that he is so uncomfortable at the university as a black male that he needs to transfer the implication is clear.

I mean what would it mean at my job if I wanted to tranfer because of a man insulting me as a woman? Don't you think the outside would think that there were a bunch of macho male pigs working there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Turkeydawg said:

Martell now in the transfer portal.  This could be great if Martell leaves and Fields has to sit.

He will just transfer out if he sits again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

Well, I think if he claims that he is so uncomfortable at the university as a black male that he needs to transfer the implication is clear.

I mean what would it mean at my job if I wanted to tranfer because of a man insulting me as a woman? Don't you think the outside would think that there were a bunch of macho male pigs working there?

I get your point. I'm just under the impression everyone knows what this is about and that he's using this as an excuse for a waiver. At the same time, I work at a place with one jerk and people know that others are leaving because of that person. They don't assume it's because of everyone else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0