Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wartownfalcon

Justin Fields to transfer

1,728 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Yo_Lover said:

Both of those guys transferred to be closer to home. And quit using Ole Miss transfers as an example. That is not even close to being the same thing holy **** use your head.

“Closer to home” - that is an easy exception

5 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Both of those guys transferred to be closer to home. And quit using Ole Miss transfers as an example. That is not even close to being the same thing holy **** use your head.

Yep.  If I recall, the hardship had to do with a family member being sick, similar to what Ford is doing.  As for Shea, he went to Ole Miss after being told that there would be no penalties to them.  When in reality, they were given a 2 year bowl ban because of their crooked coach.

Yo_Lover likes this

4 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

“Closer to home” - that is an easy exception

And it's something Fields can't do. So until he gets a new exception made up for him he's probably gonna sit. 

The fact you act like these kids can't miss home is insane. Pull your nose away for a little bit and take a look around.

2 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

For using the racism argument?  Absolutely.  It's a crock of **** and low rent.

I agree that would be a ridiculous argument.   I am not in favor of it being advanced either but you have an extreme overreaction to it - for one, there isn’t even a confirmation that the waiver application is using this - is it? Probably but we don’t know for sure. Maybe the lawyer leaked it as his personal strategy - maybe not?  Who knows?  I don’t and neither to you but you are flipping your **** like you do know all the details.

10 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I agree that would be a ridiculous argument.   I am not in favor of it being advanced either but you have an extreme overreaction to it - for one, there isn’t even a confirmation that the waiver application is using this - is it? Probably but we don’t know for sure. Maybe the lawyer leaked it as his personal strategy - maybe not?  Who knows?  I don’t and neither to you but you are flipping your **** like you do know all the details.

Are you that dense?

So what exactly is Fields’ case for being granted such a waiver? It all goes back to Georgia’s Sept. 29 home game against Tennessee. You may recall a member of the Georgia baseball team shouted the n-word regarding Fields several times during the game. Georgia acknowledged the incident and took swift action, removing the player from Georgia’s baseball program following his objectionable behavior.

According to Mars, that may be enough to get the NCAA to grant a waiver for Fields

You done now?

Edited by Turkeydawg
sdogg likes this

2 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

And it's something Fields can't do. So until he gets a new exception made up for him he's probably gonna sit. 

The fact you act like these kids can't miss home is insane. Pull your nose away for a little bit and take a look around.

The point that you missed is if “closer to home” is an accepted reason for a transfer waiver going forward  - then there is no point in having any student athlete apply for a waiver - just give everyone a waiver.

For example, set aside the “race” stuff for now.   Why should Luke Ford get a waiver for being homesick but Fields shouldn’t get one because he seeks another opportunity to start.   Why is one argument acceptable and the other not?

Just now, g-dawg said:

The point that you missed is if “closer to home” is an accepted reason for a transfer waiver going forward  - then there is no point in having any student athlete apply for a waiver - just give everyone a waiver.

For example, set aside the “race” stuff for now.   Why should Luke Ford get a waiver for being homesick but Fields shouldn’t get one because he seeks another opportunity to start.   Why is one argument acceptable and the other not?

Probably because Luke Ford having a dying grandfather that wants to see him play live is much more understandable than Fields leaving because he couldn't compete with Fromm.

Duh.

95Dawg, sdogg, RandomFan and 1 other like this

6 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Are you joking?  Ford is wanting to move closer to his grandfather, who is battling cancer.  Pretty admirable, if you ask me.  

sdogg likes this

Probably because Luke Ford having a dying grandfather that wants to see him play live is much more understandable than Fields leaving because he couldn't compete with Fromm.

Duh.

Guess he missed that part?

1 minute ago, Turkeydawg said:

Are you that dense?

So what exactly is Fields’ case for being granted such a waiver? It all goes back to Georgia’s Sept. 29 home game against Tennessee. You may recall a member of the Georgia baseball team shouted the n-word regarding Fields several times during the game. Georgia acknowledged the incident and took swift action, removing the player from Georgia’s baseball program following his objectionable behavior.

According to Mars, that may be enough to get the NCAA to grant a waiver for Fields

Newsflash: I know all about it.  I believe the baseball players name was Adam Sasser - know the whole story.

Everything is documented in the story so if NCAA signs off and that is the reason advanced, then your issue should be with the NCAA because they don’t take the transfer rule seriously.   That is why you either don’t grant waivers at all rather than have some arbitrary “give us a reason” BS which seems to be the new floating standard.

The NCAA opened the door and now the floodgates of reasons to petition for waiver will come crashing in.

Newsflash: I know all about it.  I believe the baseball players name was Adam Sasser - know the whole story.

Everything is documented in the story so if NCAA signs off and that is the reason advanced, then your issue should be with the NCAA because they don’t take the transfer rule seriously.   That is why you either don’t grant waivers at all rather than have some arbitrary “give us a reason” BS which seems to be the new floating standard.

The NCAA opened the door and now the floodgates of reasons to petition for waiver will come crashing in.

Oh, I should be mad at the NCAA for all this.  Got it.  Thanks. :rolleyes:

Edited by Turkeydawg

Duh.

Oh BS.  Everyone has a grandfather or grandmother in there 70s and 80s.  That is weak and you know it.

Oh BS.  Everyone has a grandfather or grandmother in there 70s and 80s.  That is weak and you know it.

Your 18 your man crush is clouding your judgement.  Take a step back from the keyboard, or you are gonna blow a gasket.  

Edited by Turkeydawg
RandomFan likes this

How is it weak? So you're saying if your son went to Ohio State and then wanted to transfer back home so your mom or dad could see him play in a live college game before they pass you wouldn't think a waiver is acceptable?

sdogg likes this

I don’t have a problem with Fields seeing if that incident would grant him a waiver unless they embellish the story by saying he was thinking about playing baseball or something and try to make the situation something it’s not. Obviously he transferred primarily for reasons associated with playing time, how he was being used, etc. Under the old rules it’s no question he sits, but the NCAA changed the rules on transferring and getting waivers so it doesn’t hurt to ask. The lawyer said the incident in and of itself may be enough to get the waiver granted. If they represent the situation honestly I don’t see a reason to be mad with Fields about it. Remains to be seen. Really don’t think it’s going to be a thing where they’re making UGA look bad, but I guess we’ll see.

GAbred and g-dawg like this

20 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

How is it weak? So you're saying if your son went to Ohio State and then wanted to transfer back home so your mom or dad could see him play in a live college game before they pass you wouldn't think a waiver is acceptable?

no......all these things can, should and are taken into consideration when selecting school in first place.   Being homesick or a grandparent sick is not a good excuse.

Now if your guardian grand parent or parent has cancer or something - then I can see that - but like anything, when you crack the door open, the crack for what is acceptable will keep getting wider and wider.    Just the fact that an attorney would consider using the UGA baseball player incident shows how wide the crack in the transfer rule is already.   Does this happen three years ago?  I don't think so.

29 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

Your 18 your man crush is clouding your judgement.  Take a step back from the keyboard, or you are gonna blow a gasket.  

I am over the fact that Justin left - I wish him well at Ohio State and believe he will be a great player for them.

You are keeping the anger alive for Fields.    Kind of odd that you think it's me.   This thread would have already died if you guys wouldn't keep harping on the race stuff.

20 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

no......all these things can, should and are taken into consideration when selecting school in first place.   Being homesick or a grandparent sick is not a good excuse.

Now if your guardian grand parent or parent has cancer or something - then I can see that - but like anything, when you crack the door open, the crack for what is acceptable will keep getting wider and wider.    Just the fact that an attorney would consider using the UGA baseball player incident shows how wide the crack in the transfer rule is already.   Does this happen three years ago?  I don't think so.

You're right because people don't fall unexpectedly ill unless it's cancer :rolleyes:. That's the only thing that kills people these days.

24 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I am over the fact that Justin left - I wish him well at Ohio State and believe he will be a great player for them.

You are keeping the anger alive for Fields.    Kind of odd that you think it's me.   This thread would have already died if you guys wouldn't keep harping on the race stuff.

Not anger.  I'm not the one who's throwing a tantrum:

Example A. -         

You don’t know jack sheot about Justin Fields not his family.  I am sick of you and Random *****ing about what you THINK Justin is - or what his family is - you know nothing - you read a mother ******* article and you have an opinion as big as your *******.

good grief - shut the **** up.  You know nothing on this situation and you have no facts and no first hand accounts of anything.  If someone drug your son and his family through the mud with this, you would be irate.

We are harping on the race stuff because that is what the Fields camp is using as the justification to be granted immediate playing time.

You do realize that you are free to step away from this thread at any point, right?

Edited by Turkeydawg
RandomFan likes this

2 hours ago, Turkeydawg said:

Did I wish Ill on a former UGA player?  I just think he should have to sit, like all other transfers?  

Agree since racism had nothing to do with his transfering.  The only reason he left was because he was not "Da Man."

sdogg likes this

1 minute ago, The Great American said:

Agree since racism had nothing to do with his transfering.  The only reason he left was because he was not "Da Man."

yep indeed.. that had nothing to do with it and if they do use it to get a waiver that is pathetic and shameful.  his dad as early as august this year was already making public comments about kirby trying to force him to play fields.. there is an article in the ajc back in august about how kirby wasn't going to let field's dad dictate to him how to play his qbs.  it's clear why field's transferred and his reasoning for transferring isn't worthy of a waiver being approved.  however with the ncaa and that slimey lawyer if they scream racism i don't see how the ncaa doesn't cave regardless of the facts in the situation. 

1 hour ago, Yo_Lover said:

You're right because people don't fall unexpectedly ill unless it's cancer :rolleyes:. That's the only thing that kills people these days.

yeah, old people never get sick and die.

homesickness is a brand new phenomenon.