Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wartownfalcon

Justin Fields to transfer

1,728 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Turkeydawg said:

Timing is why people are mad.  Has nothing to do with the bowl game, but rather signing day.

Someone will have to explain to me how this hurts recruiting. I'm not seeing it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

Someone will have to explain to me how this hurts recruiting. I'm not seeing it. 

For starters, a high profile transfer playing the race card is not a good look, especially 2 days before signing day. Additionally, all focus should be on this signing class, not trying to put out this massive fire.

sdogg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, mike teevee said:

Agreed. I’m just upset at the situation.. well and the lawyer if it was his leak

I am not upset over it.. i was unhappy with how we used him all year long and i stated it often on threads.  i expected this to happen with how the year went.  the timing could be a lot better especially with his bff haselwood announcing and 2 days before ESD.  this was leaked as a way to hurt UGA especially with the use of race.  transfers from highly ranked kids happens to all programs especially programs at the very top.  the way fromm ended the year i don't think fields sees a way he can beat him out next season or the year after and wants to play.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

Yeah, I have a problem with kids expecting to get something, based off their star rating from HS.

 

Put in the work and earn it.  

 

The wussification of America is alive and strong with this generation.

Fromm isn't going to be beat out by any qb period even a guy with field's talent level.  fromm will be a starter for UGA until he leaves and either fields can enjoy the bench or he needs to move on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

For starters, a high profile transfer playing the race card is not a good look, especially 2 days before signing day. Additionally, all focus should be on this signing class, not trying to put out this massive fire.

this is the dead period so the only thing the staff is doing calling recruits at most, but the fact that they tried to use the race card as part of this is a problem a few days before esd.  that is why i think this was leaked by the attorney who will be handling the case.. rusty talked to both the fields camp and uga's camp and both did not want it out so that it wouldn't distract from esd or from bowl practices.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

For starters, a high profile transfer playing the race card is not a good look, especially 2 days before signing day. Additionally, all focus should be on this signing class, not trying to put out this massive fire.

Is he playing the race card? I haven't heard anything about that from him. Wasn't the guy who dropped the N-bomb immediately dismissed?

I don't see the fire that needs to be put out. Fields either understands his role and is good with it, or he moves on. Transfers like that happen all the time. Where's the drama that is going to possibly change a recruits mind? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

regarding this field's transfer talk i would not be surprised at all if there wasn't tampering between family and teams like ohio state and ou..  remember when cj spiller was going to transfer to florida from clemson due to meyer's tampering?  it's hard to prove of course, but it happens a lot more than people want to admit.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

regarding this field's transfer talk i would not be surprised at all if there wasn't tampering between family and teams like ohio state and ou..  remember when cj spiller was going to transfer to florida from clemson due to meyer's tampering?  it's hard to prove of course, but it happens a lot more than people want to admit.  

It happens nearly everytime there is a transfer, but since all contact is done through intermediaries, it's practically impossible to prove. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Carter said:

Doubt we can recruit a top flight dual threat QB after Fields leaves. Between Kirby saying there is no plan and what we saw on the field, that's easy pickins for any coach worth their freaking salary.

Hate to see Fields go and I think it's an instant gratification, poorly advised mistake. Hopefully he changes his mind and ends up staying. If not, whatever... Go Dawgs.

Yeah, when it comes to college ball, I've always preferred dual threat quarterbacks. Guys like Charlie Ward, Michael Vick, Vince Young, Shockley, Tebow, Cam, Deshaun Watson, Kyler Murray.

Oh well, hopefully we can win championships with statues, like Pete Carroll used to. :sadwave:

Carter likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Billy Ocean said:

Yeah, when it comes to college ball, I've always preferred dual threat quarterbacks. Guys like Charlie Ward, Michael Vick, Vince Young, Shockley, Tebow, Cam, Deshaun Watson, Kyler Murray.

Oh well, hopefully we can win championships with statues, like Pete Carroll used to. :sadwave:

Bama is out there winning Nattys with AJ McCarron, Greg McElroy, and Jake Coker. When you have studs all over your backfield and offensive line, you don't really need a 5 star mobile QB.

sdogg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

Yeah, I have a problem with kids expecting to get something, based off their star rating from HS.

 

Put in the work and earn it.  

 

The wussification of America is alive and strong with this generation.

Wussification because he wants to do what is best for his future and career :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Justin is getting criticized for being TOO good. Crappy players don't get criticized for working their way up through different schools/transferring. But since Justin was a 5 star, he's instantly a wuss because he wants to go somewhere he can play. 

These kids get 4 years of their entire lives to play college ball. Heaven forbid they want to actually take advantage of the limited time they get

 

Lawd. 

g-dawg, Gritzblitz 2.0 and Spts1 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

Is he playing the race card? I haven't heard anything about that from him. Wasn't the guy who dropped the N-bomb immediately dismissed?

I don't see the fire that needs to be put out. Fields either understands his role and is good with it, or he moves on. Transfers like that happen all the time. Where's the drama that is going to possibly change a recruits mind? 

Are you kidding?  They are talking about using the AA student being fearful for his safety at the college he currently attends, to justify why he should be able to play immediately be granted the waiver.  You don't see that as a problem, for a potential recruit who hasn't yet made up his mind?

 

Transfers like this don't happen all the time.  This is being dropped by a top 2-3 recruit in last year's class, 2 days prior to signing day, is not normal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

It happens nearly everytime there is a transfer, but since all contact is done through intermediaries, it's practically impossible to prove. 

that's what the ncaa knows is happening which was why they started the transfer portal listing so that coaches can tamper and do so above board. lol  the fact that fields was unhappy early on was pretty easy to see. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

Bama is out there winning Nattys with AJ McCarron, Greg McElroy, and Jake Cokers. When you have studs all over your backfield and offensive line, you don't really need a 5 star mobile QB.

Judging by their current quarterback room, Bama's decided it's better to have a mobile quarterback.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

Bama is out there winning Nattys with AJ McCarron, Greg McElroy, and Jake Cokers. When you have studs all over your backfield and offensive line, you don't really need a 5 star mobile QB.

yep.. if kirby continues to build this team as he is we can win national titles with game managers if we need to.  you don't need a dual threat if you are stacked in those areas you mentioned.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

Yeah, I have a problem with kids expecting to get something, based off their star rating from HS.

 

Put in the work and earn it.  

 

The wussification of America is alive and strong with this generation.

 

22 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

Timing is why people are mad.  Has nothing to do with the bowl game, but rather signing day.

Why you lying? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WOR said:

Wussification because he wants to do what is best for his future and career :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Justin is getting criticized for being TOO good. Crappy players don't get criticized for working their way up through different schools/transferring. But since Justin was a 5 star, he's instantly a wuss because he wants to go somewhere he can play. 

These kids get 4 years in their entire lives to play ball. Heaven forbid they want to actually take advantage of the limited time they get

 

Lawd. 

That's right.  Not willing to deal with a little adversity.  Will be a shame if he doesn't start at his next destination.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Turkeydawg said:

That's right.  Not willing to deal with a little adversity.  Will be a shame if he doesn't start at his next destination.  

well if he goes to osu or ou he is going to be battling 5 star qbs at those locations as well after he sits out for a year.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

Are you kidding?  They are talking about using the AA student being fearful for his safety at the college he currently attends, to justify why he should be able to play immediately be granted the waiver.  You don't see that as a problem, for a potential recruit who hasn't yet made up his mind?

 

Transfers like this don't happen all the time.  This is being dropped by a top 2-3 recruit in last year's class, 2 days prior to signing day, is not normal.

 

1 hour ago, 95Dawg said:

the new norm I guess

 

Seems like it's normal to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WOR said:

 

Why you lying? 

Not lying one bit.  He wasn't going to beat out Fromm, so I would have been fine with him moving on.  I would have liked to see him challenge Fromm next year, but I guess he wasn't willing to do so, so there's that.  I think it's a shame that these kids are so quick to bail, when they don't have immediate success. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Turkeydawg said:

That's right.  Not willing to deal with a little adversity.  Will be a shame if he doesn't start at his next destination.  

Having to ride the pine for 75% of your college career is not adversity. 

He thought he could beat out Fromm. He didn't. 

So because of that he should waste his entire college career and chance at 100s of millions? 

Yall need to get up out your fields and come off this false bravado garbage. Is this a message board or a motivational poster? Perseverance! Adversity! Commitment! 

Gritzblitz 2.0 and g-dawg like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WOR said:

Having to ride the pine for 75% of your college career is not adversity. 

He thought he could beat out Fromm. He didn't. 

So because of that he should waste his entire college career and chance at 100s of millions? 

Yall need to get up out your fields and come off this false bravado garbage. Is this a message board or a motivational poster? Perseverance! Adversity! Commitment! 

Gave it one year and threw in the towel?  Pretty sad, but so be it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Turkeydawg said:

Not lying one bit.  He wasn't going to beat out Fromm, so I would have been fine with him moving on.  I would have liked to see him challenge Fromm next year, but I guess he wasn't willing to do so, so there's that.  I think it's a shame that these kids are so quick to bail, when they don't have immediate success. 

I don't know why your default setting is to call these kids wussies. 

They want to play. All of them. He won't get to play here for, in total, 3 years. 

Why would any reasonable fan think that's an acceptable thing to ask of an elite athlete

Spts1 and g-dawg like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WOR said:

I don't know why your default setting is to call these kids wussies. 

They want to play. All of them. He won't get to play here for, in total, 3 years. 

Why would any reasonable fan think that's an acceptable thing to ask of an elite athlete

Then why not go somewhere where you don't have to compete?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0