Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wartownfalcon

Justin Fields to transfer

1,710 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Carter said:

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25720475/ohio-state-quarterback-justin-fields-plans-ask-ncaa-immediate-eligibility-according-attorney

Mars said the September incident is not the only issue Fields plans to raise in his waiver request.

"Nobody who's on social media would have a problem with Justin getting a waiver if they knew the whole story"

To **** with Fields and his dirtbag attorney.

sdogg likes this

7 minutes ago, Wardog357 said:

Man I'm not going to touch this with a 20 foot pole. Nothing good is going to come from all this.

Well, here's to hoping Fields loses, sits and then has to deal with trying to unseat another starter, who has more time in the offense.  Look at them trying to drag UGA through the mud.  Come on Tate!

sdogg and Wardog357 like this

lol if social media accusations causes him to be granted the waiver, it's basically the same thing as the student athlete yelling a racial slur for me, it'd break down the door to college football free agency. It'd mean EVERYTHING said on social media could be used as a "threat" if it's not good.

sdogg likes this

Really strikes me as a thinly veiled threat. “If they don’t push this through we’ll create a storm of bad publicity on social media.”

Dirtbag lawyer. 

I’m actually curious what the “whole story” is though lol

95Dawg, Wardog357, sdogg and 3 others like this

Posted (edited)

32 minutes ago, VoiceofReason95 said:

lol if social media accusations causes him to be granted the waiver, it's basically the same thing as the student athlete yelling a racial slur for me, it'd break down the door to college football free agency. It'd mean EVERYTHING said on social media could be used as a "threat" if it's not good.

He's not referencing anything said on social media as a reason for the waiver.  This the full statement

"I’m very confident that the NCAA will grant Justin a waiver so he can play next season, but not just for the reasons people have speculated about on social media, There’s more to it than that. Nobody who's on social media would have a problem with Justin getting a waiver if they knew the whole story" 

Edited by frankly88
Carter likes this

1 hour ago, Turkeydawg said:

Well, here's to hoping Fields loses, sits and then has to deal with trying to unseat another starter, who has more time in the offense.  Look at them trying to drag UGA through the mud.  Come on Tate!

Tate has never been the starter at Ohio State

1 hour ago, Carter said:

Really strikes me as a thinly veiled threat. “If they don’t push this through we’ll create a storm of bad publicity on social media.”

Dirtbag lawyer. 

I’m actually curious what the “whole story” is though lol

Same here. Cant wait for the entire story to come out

18 hours ago, Carter said:

I can’t wait to see Martell’s meltdown. Say what you want about Fields but he’s a cool customer. Martell on the other hand went out of his way to be a total tool about Fields transferring there. Justin going in on his IG model sister is actually kinda funny.

Lol that's savage stuff right there

Carter likes this

Posted (edited)

20 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Tate has never been the starter at Ohio State

I know.  Which is why I said what I said above.  I hope Fields has to sit a year and try and unseat a starter who has been in the system longer.  I think most likely that will be Tate.

Either way, I hope this blows up in their face.  

Edited by Turkeydawg
sdogg likes this

11 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

I know.  Which is why I said what I said above.  I hope Fields has to sit a year and try and unseat a starter who has been in the system longer.  I think most likely that will be Tate.

Either way, I hope this blows up in their face.  

Ok I get what you're saying now

He is going to be granted the waiver, I would be shocked if he isn't.

It's what I have said all along. Even if UGA opposes the Waiver, the NCAA will grant it. This is too slippery a slope for them to take on if they deny it. Mars will go public and it will become a huge PR nightmare. 

Also who knows what else he may dig up. I don't trust lawyers, so other stuff may come out true or not. 

Here is a good article explaining some of the process and potential case.

https://www.onlineathens.com/sports/20190108/fields-has-good-case-to-play-immediately-for-ohio-state-lawyer-says

6 minutes ago, jeffro2000 said:

He is going to be granted the waiver, I would be shocked if he isn't.

It's what I have said all along. Even if UGA opposes the Waiver, the NCAA will grant it. This is too slippery a slope for them to take on if they deny it. Mars will go public and it will become a huge PR nightmare. 

Also who knows what else he may dig up. I don't trust lawyers, so other stuff may come out true or not. 

Here is a good article explaining some of the process and potential case.

https://www.onlineathens.com/sports/20190108/fields-has-good-case-to-play-immediately-for-ohio-state-lawyer-says

The Shea Patterson case is totally different.  

If they grant it, it will be an even bigger nightmare for the NCAA moving forward.

Hey, guess who handled his transfer situation with class, didn't cause a distraction for his team, and won't be throwing his old team under a bus anytime soon? 

Fields could learn a few things from this guy...

sdogg, SacFalcFan, 95Dawg and 3 others like this

32 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Hey, guess who handled his transfer situation with class, didn't cause a distraction for his team, and won't be throwing his old team under a bus anytime soon? 

Fields could learn a few things from this guy...

I would laugh my a$$ off so hard if Hurts went to Ohio State.  OMG that would be so funny.

Might have a point if Justin Fields were a graduate transfer that had won 26 games in 2 years starting, helped win a national title for UGA and then lost the job to a more effective freshman QB.

The fan reaction to Fields transferring is worse than anything Fields did himself. It has been straight up embarrassing to see some of the crap people have said about him and his family. Folks calling him a cancer when his teammates clearly love him and coaches wanted him to stay, calling him too stupid to learn the playbook, calling his family pieces of ****. And for what? Because he gets 4 years to play college football, didn’t beat out Fromm and wasn’t going to play over Fromm for 3 years?  Heck we even have UGA fans trashing the coaches and the school all over social media because of it. 

But the media can be blamed for a lot of that with the way they handled reporting the transfer and speculation about the waiver. 

frankly88 and youngbloodz like this

14 minutes ago, Carter said:

Might have a point if Justin Fields were a graduate transfer that had won 26 games in 2 years starting, helped win a national title for UGA and then lost the job to a more effective freshman QB.

The fan reaction to Fields transferring is worse than anything Fields did himself. It has been straight up embarrassing to see some of the crap people have said about him and his family. Folks calling him a cancer when his teammates clearly love him and coaches wanted him to stay, calling him too stupid to learn the playbook, calling his family pieces of ****. And for what? Because he gets 4 years to play college football, didn’t beat out Fromm and wasn’t going to play over Fromm for 3 years?  Heck we even have UGA fans trashing the coaches and the school all over social media because of it. 

But the media can be blamed for a lot of that with the way they handled reporting the transfer and speculation about the waiver. 

Sorry, but if you are ok with how this was handled and how they are using the racism angle, then I don't know what to tell ya.  If you also think that this lawyer went rogue, I think you are being naive.  I would be willing to bet that the Fields family, maybe not Justin himself, but certainly his father, knew exactly what tactic was going to be used.  

Posted (edited)

Yeah, the point was one handled his situation with class, Fields didn't. You're the one dragging all the other irrelevant stuff into it. None of that excuses how the Fields camp handled the situation on their end. So I don't "might have a point;" I have a point. 

Edited by RandomFan

2 hours ago, Turkeydawg said:

The Shea Patterson case is totally different.  

If they grant it, it will be an even bigger nightmare for the NCAA moving forward.

The article isn't really talking about Patterson. It's about Fields and other lawyers saying why they think a waiver will be granted.

I certainly don't think he should be eligible, and we all know the primary reason why he is transferring including the NCAA. I just don't see them having the "spine" to decline it. 

I will be surprised if Fields isn't eligible next season. Either UGA won't oppose the Waiver, the NCAA grants it regardless, or he wins it on appeal to the sub committee. Maybe myself and others are wrong. Hopefully I am, unless there is a lot more to the story that tarnishes UGA.

11 minutes ago, jeffro2000 said:

The article isn't really talking about Patterson. It's about Fields and other lawyers saying why they think a waiver will be granted.

I certainly don't think he should be eligible, and we all know the primary reason why he is transferring including the NCAA. I just don't see them having the "spine" to decline it. 

I will be surprised if Fields isn't eligible next season. Either UGA won't oppose the Waiver, the NCAA grants it regardless, or he wins it on appeal to the sub committee. Maybe myself and others are wrong. Hopefully I am, unless there is a lot more to the story that tarnishes UGA.

It mentioned Patterson in the article.

Are you really surprised that someone who now represents clients against the NCAA is saying they think the waiver will be granted?  Of course they are going to say that, even if they don't believe it.  

Agree hope blows up in his face, again wish nothing but failure for him. Pos! But he will get the waiver, ncaa won’t dare try and get into the political mess of not bowing down and just saying sure so sorry how u were treated when it comes to the racial stuff.