Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wartownfalcon

Justin Fields to transfer

1,728 posts in this topic

it does make both the fields and uga look bad and i wonder who leaked this a few days before Early National Signing day.  This type of "publicity" isn't needed. 

5 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

not sure what you mean.. you can't transfer to a new college basketball team and not sit out.. that 1 year sitting out and not being on scholarship is also in basketball. 

What I mean is they have the one and done rule. In other words college basketball ALREADY has a form of free agency because of that rule and it hasn't destroyed the game. In college football they keep the reign on the players as long as possible because its their bread and butter money sport...

Just now, SacFalcFan said:

it does make both the fields and uga look bad and i wonder who leaked this a few days before Early National Signing day.  This type of "publicity" isn't needed. 

This. I don’t like that he would transfer, but I get it if he did.  I didn’t like Eason leaving, but I’ll cheer for him because he did it right. The timing of this is what makes me upset. 

m2Falcons and 95Dawg like this

1 minute ago, mike teevee said:

I think the plan was play in the Sugar, but the transfer talk got leaked. So did plan on finishing the season

giphy.gif

The season isn’t over, so for me there is no story. Big difference. If you’e already planning your next move, you can’t be committed to the team. 

mike teevee and Turkeydawg like this

Just now, mike teevee said:

This. I don’t like that he would transfer, but I get it if he did.  I didn’t like Eason leaving, but I’ll cheer for him because he did it right. The timing of this is what makes me upset. 

All day long.

12 minutes ago, mqg96 said:

No, it was DISRESPECTFUL to just use Fields for hand offs ONLY instead of giving him MEANINGFUL play time reps, and after a hand off then Fromm would come right back in like hokey pokey (Fields in; Fields out, Fromm back in). Saban didn't do that with Tua throughout 2017 when he was backing up Hurts and it payed off in the national championship when they beat us. This is why Georgia won't be winning a national championship anytime soon. The stats say that since 2005 Texas, outside of Alabama because of their top recruiting classes, the majority of national champions everywhere else have always had dual treat QB's, and a lot of them had to beat Alabama in their national title run too. Look at 2014 Ohio State with JT Barrett/Cardale Jones, 2016 Clemson with Deshaun Watson, 2008 Florida with Tim Tebow, 2010 Auburn with Cam Newton, 2013 Florida State with Jameis Winston, and so forth. Alabama has Tua and Hurts now and they beat us with dual threat Tua last season. The game has changed. Kirby Smart is still behind the times. 

The situation was definitely handled poorly and I'm on record saying Kirby did fields a discervice by not using him properly. But he hasn't earned a **** thing on the college level so I don't see how he was disrespected. Respect is earned, not given in this game. He may feel disrespected and if so that attitude is playing a large part in the way this dumpster fire has played out.

Turkeydawg likes this

1 minute ago, slickgadawg said:

What I mean is they have the one and done rule. In other words college basketball ALREADY has a form of free agency because of that rule and it hasn't destroyed the game. In college football they keep the reign on the players as long as possible because its their bread and butter money sport...

the 1 and done rule is not an ncaa rule.. it's an nba/players association thing and that is about to change to 2 years and done.  that doesn't have anything to do with the ncaa.  in football the reason players must be in college for 3 years is due to the nfl and their player's association.  has nothing to do with the ncaa.  the transfer rule is fine how it is.  they have done a lot to help kids transfer, but they must sit out and should sit out.  decisions have consequences. 

4 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

regarding plumlee he will probably next step on campus

Then depending on Fromm's plans, Georgia might need to go JUCO for QB. It should be noted that out of curiosity I looked and Plumlee's name isn't in the top 4 rounds of a mock draft I saw. What's the cutoff for a kid that's better at baseball, I wonder?

10 minutes ago, richham said:

This is my biggest issue with the whole deal.  I always tell my kids, if you commit to do ballet, play a sport or participate in any type of team function, you will finish out the year.  There is no bailing or quitting until the year is finished with the team.  After all the games, etc. is done we can discuss what you want to do next, but once you commit for the season, you always finish it out.

Image result for bobby petrino pig suey

3 minutes ago, mike teevee said:

i don't think the leak came from either camp, but i would not put it past the attorney they are talking to who will handle the case.. it sounds like both camps wanted it to be kept quiet until after the bowl game, but someone else leaked it. 

1 minute ago, VoiceofReason95 said:

Then depending on Fromm's plans, Georgia might need to go JUCO for QB. It should be noted that out of curiosity I looked and Plumlee's name isn't in the top 4 rounds of a mock draft I saw. What's the cutoff for a kid that's better at baseball, I wonder?

good question..  i have seen kids who were drafted in the teens give up football for baseball.  the reason we are blueshirting him though is due to his skill and love for baseball and our numbers.. if he was a player who we knew would be on campus he would be given a regular scholarship. 

5 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

the 1 and done rule is not an ncaa rule.. it's an nba/players association thing and that is about to change to 2 years and done.  that doesn't have anything to do with the ncaa.  in football the reason players must be in college for 3 years is due to the nfl and their player's association.  has nothing to do with the ncaa.  the transfer rule is fine how it is.  they have done a lot to help kids transfer, but they must sit out and should sit out.  decisions have consequences. 

The NCAA might not be officially on paper saying it but trust me, they are backing what the NBA and NFL do.  The players associations are protecting NBA and NFL jobs. the players should have the ability to go professional when they want ( like baseball players, hockey, tennis, golf, etc.)

Edited by slickgadawg

8 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

Also of the comment after the USC game. Why haven't we've seen this before? Why does it conveniently come out now? I just looks like coordinated leaking. 

mike teevee likes this

4 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

i don't think the leak came from either camp, but i would not put it past the attorney they are talking to who will handle the case.. it sounds like both camps wanted it to be kept quiet until after the bowl game, but someone else leaked it. 

Agreed. I’m just upset at the situation.. well and the lawyer if it was his leak

1 minute ago, slickgadawg said:

The NCAA might not be officially on paper saying it but trust me, they are backing what the NBA and NFL do.  The players associations are protecting NBA and NFL jobs.  On a side note. Even though I am for the players have the ability to transfer or go professional when they want ( like baseball players, hockey, tennis, golf, etc.) I see how a LOT would have to be done to protect the game if it was total free agency like that in football and basketball.  The level of play would probably suffer.  Which brings me back to my ultimate solution, pay them...

that is a whole different topic regarding paying players.. most on this board agree with that view.  i think how the transfer rules are now i think are fair to the teams and to the players.  

2 minutes ago, Nereek said:

If you can't wait your turn or earn the starting spot next season, well bye.

Yeah, I have a problem with kids expecting to get something, based off their star rating from HS.

Put in the work and earn it.  

The wussification of America is alive and strong with this generation.

SacFalcFan, sdogg and m2Falcons like this

3 minutes ago, sdogg said:

Also of the comment after the USC game. Why haven't we've seen this before? Why does it conveniently come out now? I just looks like coordinated leaking. 

Agreed.. and it was leaked to hurt UGA and our recruiting. 

Just now, SacFalcFan said:

that is a whole different topic regarding paying players.. most on this board agree with that view.  i think how the transfer rules are now i think are fair to the teams and to the players.  

I changed my post because I didn't wanna get that deep with it.  It was going in a different direction like you said...

SacFalcFan likes this

Just now, slickgadawg said:

I changed my post because I didn't wanna get that deep with it.  It was going in a different direction like you said...

we have had some good discussions on that in the past in a few other threads.  

Ok, someone give me some info on the Plumlee kid. Is he committed to us and what is this blue shirt deal? I've seen some YouTube videos of him and he looks to be very good. 

You guys are taking this way too personally. Fields wants to get to the next level like everyone else and is looking at the best way to do it. Nothing more than that. I guess you could be upset that word leaked out before the exhibition game in two weeks, but in my opinion, that's a silly thing to get upset about. 

WOR, Carter and mfaulk57158 like this

1 minute ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

You guys are taking this way too personally. Fields wants to get to the next level like everyone else and is looking at the best way to do it. Nothing more than that. I guess you could be upset that word leaked out before the exhibition game in two weeks, but in my opinion, that's a silly thing to get upset about. 

Timing is why people are mad.  Has nothing to do with the bowl game, but rather signing day.

Carter and 95Dawg like this

1 minute ago, sdogg said:

Ok, someone give me some info on the Plumlee kid. Is he committed to us and what is this blue shirt deal? I've seen some YouTube videos of him and he looks to be very good. 

talented athlete.. however talked to a few guys who saw him in person and to say his passing was average that is an overstatement.. neither was impressed with him at all.  he was making plays with his legs, but he left a lot to be desired as a passer.  

5 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

Yeah, I have a problem with kids expecting to get something, based off their star rating from HS.

Put in the work and earn it.  

The wussification of America is alive and strong with this generation.

Right on. Just because he is a 5 star, he thinks he is entitled to be starter right off? Earn it.