Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wartownfalcon

Justin Fields to transfer

1,728 posts in this topic

Sorry, Justin Fields just entered this thread into the portal and it's gonna linger for a few days.

4 minutes ago, VA F.O. said:

Call it however you will for the season, but the only thing that I'll say here, is that to use the Sugar Bowl as evidence of this, is pure unadulterated idiocy; not necessarily saying you are, but don't feel like quoting and replying to the troll. 

Fields was exactly where he should have stayed in that game, on the sideline. 

If the game had been going well, maybe he could've gone in, but benching your starting QB for someone who could very well transfer the next day (and may very well have already told them was doing so) is just idiotic. There are so many problems there, that it would take more time than I care too to name them all.

Only a Coach looking to get fired would've put in Fields with the way that game was going. I'm not happy about that game at all, but leaving Fields on the sideline was unequivocally the right choice. 

Not sure why you are replying to my thread above about the Sugar Bowl as I never brought it up.  From the get-Go I never understood Kirby letting Justin travel with the team if he believed he was leaving - I guess just in case of injury to Fromm.

VA F.O. likes this

1 minute ago, LawDawg said:

Sorry, Justin Fields just entered this thread into the portal and it's gonna linger for a few days.

Huh?

14 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

If he couldn't beat out Fromm, in year 2, which was obviously his fear, it makes you wonder why he thinks he will be able to beat out the qb's at osu.  Had he stayed, he would have had a better understanding of the offense, and hopefully a better grasp of reading defenses.  Those 2 things would have given him more playing time. 

How do you know he beat out Justin?  My thinking and it SHOWS is Kirby is gonna ride Fromm till the end.  Proof of that is the fact that Jacob Eason BEAT out Fromm.  People seem to forget that.  So, since Eason beat out Fromm and KEPT his starting position you would've thought that Kirby would have put Eason back in there when he came back from injury but he didn't.  The ONLY bad move Justin made was coming to Georgia in the first place. I questioned it and college scouts questioned it.  

7 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Fields didn’t get the opportunity to play he should have.  It’s clear from your writing above that you must believe Kirby and Chaney handled the situation and QB snaps perfectly.

Fields was ranked ahead of Lawrence until he injured his finger with three games to go in HS season.  He was and is rated as QB prospect historically high - in same range as Matt Stanford and others - those grades only happen a handful of times every decade.  Without Fromm, Fields would have been a Day#1 starter.  Lawrence is an incredible QB and so is Fields.  He has high upside in NFL.    

You want to prejudge Fields without even see him get starter snaps for a year.  Take a breath, hold your powder,  watch Fields start next year(if he gets waiver) - then make your statements.

This isn't about next year, it was about this year.  On year 1, he wasn't ready.  

sdogg likes this

1 minute ago, Turkeydawg said:

This isn't about next year, it was about this year.  On year 1, he wasn't ready.  

Stats don’t agree with you

Posted (edited)

16 minutes ago, richham said:

Yeah you're about 95% right and probably that is exactly how it will play out.  The one difference is that with a year in the program, if Justin Fields is as good as everyone believes (not arguing either side) then he could conceivably come in and really take Fromm's job from him.  I have no idea how much of the behind the scenes drama was true, so his relationship could have soured with Smart and he needed to get out to get a fair shot.  It's all conjecture to everyone that wasn't in that locker room and saw it first hand.

My thinking, and i believe the last two years have proven it to be true, is that Kirby is gonna ride Fromm regardless. I posted how Eason beat out Fromm.  When Eason came back from the injury he didn't get put back in there as the starter.   Fromm can throw 4 picks in a game and Kirby is gonna ride him.  Has he not proven that???

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/19964779/jacob-eason-beats-jake-fromm-georgia-bulldogs-starting-qb-job

HOOVER, Ala. -- Georgia coach Kirby Smart officially put to rest any talk of a quarterback controversy in Athens, naming sophomore Jacob Eason as the unquestioned starter for the Bulldogs.

"Jacob Eason is our starter going into the season. Jake Fromm's got to do something to beat him out," Smart said Tuesday.

Edited by slickgadawg

21 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Did that Harrison player warn you about Jacob Eason also?  Jacob transferred too. Just saying...:lol:

I heard A LOT of stuff about Eason after he landed at UGA. He had some issues with enjoying the Athens night life too much. He wasn't putting the work in and it caught up with him.

95Dawg and Carter like this

Just now, slickgadawg said:

My thinking, and i believe the last two years have proven it to be true, is that Kirby is gonna ride Fromm regardless. I posted how Eason beat out Fromm.  When Eason came back from the injury he didn't get put back in there as the starter.   Fromm can throw 4 picks in a game and Kirby is gonna ride him.  Has he not proven that???

Yeah Kirby/Chaney are riding Fromm to the end.  There were many opportunities to get Fields in this year for longer stretches and meaningful snaps that were passed up.

Spts1 likes this

1 minute ago, Ransack said:

I heard A LOT of stuff about Eason after he landed at UGA. He had some issues with enjoying the Athens night life too much. He wasn't putting the work in and it caught up with him.

So he was popular and liked to have fun...  How did that turn out for the Falcons and Brett Favre???:lol:

Posted (edited)

13 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Yeah Kirby/Chaney are riding Fromm to the end.  There were many opportunities to get Fields in this year for longer stretches and meaningful snaps that were passed up.

Look. I really don't care what Justin does.  Justin became a issue because I want Georgia to win.  Kirby made it a issue by not playing him in games he should have like you just mentioned. Now way Saban or Meyer would let that kind of talent stay on the bench and not give him a quarter or half to see what you got. 

Its IRONIC that Georgia LOST the national championship game because Saban did the OPPOSITE of a Kirby Smart.  Jalen Hurts WON a national championship and got benched.  Fromm ain't won **** and keeps his gig. Think about that. Let that sink in...

Image result for tua game winning touchdown vs georgia

Edited by slickgadawg
g-dawg and Black Francis like this

7 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

So he was popular and liked to have fun...  How did that turn out for the Falcons and Brett Favre???:lol:

And Favre himself said he'd have drank himself out of the league if he hadn't been traded. Sometimes guys need a wake up call.

Spts1 and RandomFan like this

4 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Look. I really don't care what Justin does.  Justin became a issue because I want Georgia to win.  Kirby made it a issue by not playing him in games he should have like you just mentioned. Now way Saban or Meyer would let that kind of talent stay on the bench and not give him a quarter or half to see what you got. 

Its IRONIC that Georgia LOST the national championship game because Saban did the OPPOSITE of a Kirby Smart.  Justin Hurts WON a national championship and got benched.  Fromm ain't won **** and keeps his gig. Think about that. Let that sink in...

Image result for tua game winning touchdown vs georgia

That was Fromm playing CB and S on that play? I didn't know that..... Dude you're struggling hard here. Just walk away.

sdogg likes this

1 minute ago, Ransack said:

And Favre himself said he'd have drank himself out of the league if he hadn't been traded. Sometimes guys need a wake up call.

Well.  Exactly WHAT is there to do in Wisconsin? :lol:

Maybe, just maybe, the coaches that watched these guys practice every day didn't see anything in Fields that would make them think he was ready to take the job.

That is a possibility. 

At any rate, I don't think Fields is all that interested in playing college football anyway. He's looking for the most direct path to the NFL, in my opinion. 

putnam6 and sdogg like this

Just now, slickgadawg said:

Well.  Exactly WHAT is there to do in Wisconsin? :lol:

Trouble can find you anywhere if you've got the money and propensity for it.

3 minutes ago, Ransack said:

That was Fromm playing CB and S on that play? I didn't know that..... Dude you're struggling hard here. Just walk away.

And THATS the point. Saban KNEW that it was a chance that Hurts wouldn't have seen the busted coverage. He KNEW that so he benched him and went with the bullpen.  Fromm has been missing throws and not seeing open receivers but Kirby rides him anyway...

Yeah, I don’t get it and probably never will.   Kirby told Justin he could compete for the job and I am sure he meant it when he said so.

I am sure Justin underestimated Fromm and how difficult it would be to unseat him.

Once Kirby and Chaney decided Fromm would be the starter for 2018,  I just don’t think they had a plan for Justin other than using him like some wildcat package guy - while Justin can do that, it’s not what he is as a QB.

I thought Justin would have given it to his Sophomore season before thinking transfer which seems most logical.  At some point, I think Justin might have been promised something (like PT vs UF) that was broken.  If that happened, then trust was broken and transfer became possibility.

No one will ever know for sure as UGA coaches won’t talk and I doubt Justin will - best for UGA and Justin to let it just slip into the past.

Anthony Dasher at ugasports has confirmed the Fields news.

Hopefully we can stop this stupid narrative that Fields is afraid of competition now. After he sits out a year, he will have to compete with 2 guys with multiple years in Ryan Day’s offense. Fields lost confidence in how Kirby and Chaney would actually use him....... like nearly all of us. 

Time to move on. I won’t root for or against him. I wish him well. Time to focus on UGA and players who will be Dawgs.

g-dawg likes this

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

Maybe, just maybe, the coaches that watched these guys practice every day didn't see anything in Fields that would make them think he was ready to take the job.

That is a possibility. 

At any rate, I don't think Fields is all that interested in playing college football anyway. He's looking for the most direct path to the NFL, in my opinion. 

Almost EVERY bluechip football recruit in America would skip the college game and go straight to the nfl which is WHY the nfl has their rules in place to prevent it...

Edited by slickgadawg

4 minutes ago, Carter said:

Anthony Dasher at ugasports has confirmed the Fields news.

Hopefully we can stop this stupid narrative that Fields is afraid of competition now. After he sits out a year, he will have to compete with 2 guys with multiple years in Ryan Day’s offense. Fields lost confidence in how Kirby and Chaney would actually use him....... like nearly all of us. 

Time to move on. I won’t root for or against him. I wish him well. Time to focus on UGA and players who will be Dawgs.

Agreed.   There is ZERO reason after this year that Fields & Family should have confidence in Kirby/Chaney.

if Fields was afraid of competition he never would have chosen UGA in 1st place.

I will continue to go on record that Fields will be a phenomenal college football QB.   As long as not playing Dawgs, I will cheer for him.