Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wartownfalcon

Justin Fields to transfer

1,728 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, Turkeydawg said:

Who are the qb's we passed on?

We didn't pass on anyone, but someone asked why even recruit him if we're not gonna play him, and to that I respond "Do you want to be the coach especially in the home state that didn't try to recruit either of these two guys who most are saying "They are that **** good?"

SacFalcFan likes this

59 minutes ago, TRUju2111 said:

Oh you mean I have an opinion that's wrong sometimes like you and everyone else. Without guys like me this wouldn't be a discussion board..It would be a Homer board

Probably end up a double post, but I could have told you not to go that far. I did that years ago, and it worked out in my favor Alabama went on to win championships, but I'm 50/50 with both teams now learned never to put to much into any team just enjoy the games.

Posted (edited)

He is officially gone to osu.  

And hopefully sitting out next year!

Edited by Turkeydawg

Posted (edited)

I'm going to laugh if the kid at OSU that has been talking trash takes Field's lunch money or he has to sit out a year.  I wish him the best, but at what top 10 program is there not going to be serious competition for starting spots?  Oh well, it will be nice to move forward.  Good luck Justin, thank you for your service, and if we happen to meet again I hope our defense lights you up.

Edited by richham
sdogg and RandomFan like this

4 hours ago, Turkeydawg said:

You also never heard reports of Eason having a bad attitude.  

I have never heard "reports" of Fields having a bad attitude either.  I have seen a lot of completely unsubstantiated conjecture since his decision to transfer.  

Posted (edited)

12 minutes ago, richham said:

I'm going to laugh if the kid at OSU that has been talking trash takes Field's lunch money or he has to sit out a year.  I wish him the best, but at what top 10 program is there not going to be serious competition for starting spots?  Oh well, it will be nice to move forward.  Good luck Justin, thank you for your service, and if we happen to meet again I hope our defense lights you up.

If that guy was REALLY confident in his game and not feel threatened by Justin he would have never ran to twitter to try and scare Justin off.  And as far as georgia's defense, why didn't they light up Texas quarterback?

Image result for sam ehlinger vs georgia

Edited by slickgadawg
Zone#7 and g-dawg like this

Good luck to him unless he plays Georgia, but his QB coach is giving him bad guidance. If that waiver actually gets approved, while not approving it would be bad PR, it's throwing open the door to college football free agency which I'm doubtful the NCAA wants and it's who knows if he is able to start even still, and if it doesn't get approved, unless Martell and that other QB I saw mentioned on the dawgnation forums both flop, he won't even start there either.

Ultimately I don't think he should have listened to his heart and chose Georgia in the first place, as everything I heard him and his father say over the summer were lies.

sdogg likes this

4 hours ago, TheTrue7 said:

Is Elite 11 a game like atmosphere? Or more of a practice setting?

2 hours ago, TheTrue7 said:

The question was about arm talent compared to Trevor Lawrence. Whether it’s in 7 on 7, practice, or a live game, arm talent is arm talent. Fields arm talent is without question at least as good as Lawrence and was evidently better when they competed directly against each other.

I really didn’t say anything beyond that about how he would do or if he would end up being better than Lawrence. Arm talent is only part of the equation. Lawrence was a lot more prepared to be a QB in college.

For as much **** as you give my man g-dawg about supporting Fields, you sure do go out of your way just as much to try and **** on the kid and argue with anyone that has anything positive to say about him.

g-dawg and jeffro2000 like this

6 minutes ago, frankly88 said:

I have never heard "reports" of Fields having a bad attitude either.  I have seen a lot of completely unsubstantiated conjecture since his decision to transfer.  

Some will call them entitlement issues and others will call the attitude issues. I was warned by a Harrison player before he ever committed.

RandomFan likes this

I’ll pull for him if they play Clemson further than that I hope he has to sit a year and Martel takes the job and he struggles to ever see the field..

sdogg likes this

5 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

If that guy was REALLY confident in his game and not feel threatened by Justin he would have never ran to twitter to try and scare Justin off.  And as far as georgia's defense, why didn't they light up Texas quarterback?

Image result for sam ehlinger vs georgia

You must not have ever played or been around football much, some of the best players at all levels are the biggest trash talkers on and off the field.  I have no idea what will happen to Fields and neither does anyone else.  Our defense will be much better next year, we played more freshman and sophomores than any team in the nation.  The reason they didn't tackle the Texas quarterback was pretty much due to poor tackling.

sdogg likes this

16 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

And as far as georgia's defense, why didn't they light up Texas quarterback?

Guessing it might have had a little to do with missing our best pass rusher, best db and arguably our most critical player on the dl, in Davis.

sdogg likes this

I could see the look in Justin's eyes during the Texas game.  There was NEVER a open competition at quarterback.  Fromm stunk it up in the Sugar Bowl and you would have thought that Kirby would've showed Justin that he REALLY wants him to compete for the starting position by putting him in but Kirby didn't.  AT this point I'm sure Justin doesn't even care if he has to sit a year, the priority was getting out of georgia now...

Related image

Image result for airplane taking off gif

Image result for ohio state airport

g-dawg likes this

4 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

Guessing it might have had a little to do with missing our best pass rusher, best db and arguably our most critical player on the dl, in Davis.

the similarity between the falcons and bulldogs is uncanny.  people point it out constantly. now the falcon excuses of not having some of their players on defense is being trotted out...:lol:

Posted (edited)

I am amazed at how well you can read someone's eyes.  Gifted you are.

And yes, there was an open competition, and the better qb won out.  I know this to be true, from someone who was at every single practice and from Andrew Thomas, who stated exactly why Fromm was the starter.

Edited by Turkeydawg

13 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

I could see the look in Justin's eyes during the Texas game.  There was NEVER a open competition at quarterback.  Fromm stunk it up in the Sugar Bowl and you would have thought that Kirby would've showed Justin that he REALLY wants him to compete for the starting position by putting him in but Kirby didn't.  AT this point I'm sure Justin doesn't even care if he has to sit a year, the priority was getting out of georgia now...

Related image

Image result for airplane taking off gif

Image result for ohio state airport

I believe that’s right.  Waiver or not,  Justin probably felt he earned more PT than he got.  For all the beotching about Chaney here and elsewhere - that was probably contributing factor as well.  Ohio State has long recent history of making QB focal point of offense with dual threat QBs (Dwayne Haskins, JT Barrett, Braxton Miller, Terrelle Pryor).

slickgadawg likes this

And people KEEP saying Justin MIGHT have to sit out next year... He WILL be sitting out next year if he stays at Georgia and rides the bench behind Fromm.  Its the SAME thing...:lol:

22 minutes ago, Ransack said:

Some will call them entitlement issues and others will call the attitude issues. I was warned by a Harrison player before he ever committed.

Did that Harrison player warn you about Jacob Eason also?  Jacob transferred too. Just saying...:lol:

g-dawg likes this

5 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

And people KEEP saying Justin MIGHT have to sit out next year... He WILL be sitting out next year if he stays at Georgia and rides the bench behind Fromm.  Its the SAME thing...:lol:

If he couldn't beat out Fromm, in year 2, which was obviously his fear, it makes you wonder why he thinks he will be able to beat out the qb's at osu.  Had he stayed, he would have had a better understanding of the offense, and hopefully a better grasp of reading defenses.  Those 2 things would have given him more playing time. 

RandomFan and sdogg like this

2 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Yeah you're about 95% right and probably that is exactly how it will play out.  The one difference is that with a year in the program, if Justin Fields is as good as everyone believes (not arguing either side) then he could conceivably come in and really take Fromm's job from him.  I have no idea how much of the behind the scenes drama was true, so his relationship could have soured with Smart and he needed to get out to get a fair shot.  It's all conjecture to everyone that wasn't in that locker room and saw it first hand.

5 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I believe that’s right.  Waiver or not,  Justin probably felt he earned more PT than he got.  For all the beotching of Chaney here and elsewhere - that was probably contributing factor as well.  Ohio State has long recent history of making QB focal point of offense with dual threat QBs (Dwayne Haskins, JT Barrett, Braxton Miller, Terrelle Pryor).

Call it however you will for the season, but the only thing that I'll say here, is that to use the Sugar Bowl as evidence of this, is pure unadulterated idiocy; not necessarily saying you are, but don't feel like quoting and replying to the troll. 

Fields was exactly where he should have stayed in that game, on the sideline. 

If the game had been going well, maybe he could've gone in, but benching your starting QB for someone who could very well transfer the next day (and may very well have already told them was doing so) is just idiotic. There are so many problems there, that it would take more time than I care too to name them all.

Only a Coach looking to get fired would've put in Fields with the way that game was going. I'm not happy about that game at all, but leaving Fields on the sideline was unequivocally the right choice. 

sdogg likes this

1 minute ago, Turkeydawg said:

If he couldn't beat out Fromm, in year 2, which was obviously his fear, it makes you wonder why he thinks he will be able to beat out the qb's at osu.  Had he stayed, he would have had a better understanding of the offense, and hopefully a better grasp of reading defenses.  Those 2 things would have given him more playing time. 

Fields didn’t get the opportunity to play he should have.  It’s clear from your writing above that you must believe Kirby and Chaney handled the situation and QB snaps perfectly.

Fields was ranked ahead of Lawrence until he injured his finger with three games to go in HS season.  He was and is rated as QB prospect historically high - in same range as Matt Stanford and others - those grades only happen a handful of times every decade.  Without Fromm, Fields would have been a Day#1 starter.  Lawrence is an incredible QB and so is Fields.  He has high upside in NFL.    

You want to prejudge Fields without even see him get starter snaps for a year.  Take a breath, hold your powder,  watch Fields start next year(if he gets waiver) - then make your statements.