Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wartownfalcon

Justin Fields to transfer

1,728 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Turkeydawg said:

Gdawg, who is going to have regret, and why?  None of us are running him out of town, we all wish he would stay.

If Fields is leaving because he couldn't beat out Fromm, which from what I was told, was the very reason he checked himself into the portal, then another 10 snaps a game wasn't going to convince him to stay anyhow.  

Every Dawg fan will have regret if we see we missed out on a DeShaun Watson-type of talent as we watch Fields achieve great things for an opposing Power 5 team - especially if we don’t win a Natty in next few years.

The regret will be that our coaching staff did not manage this situation and opportunity better.

Maybe that is where I part company with you and RandomFan.  I don’t believe Kirby/Chaney are blameless in Justin desiring a transfer.

L.A.Falcon Fan likes this

35 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I am saying there is no rational explanation for how Fields was handled this year in the spots he was used, when he could have been used and wasn’t and the overall handling of the QBs as a whole - usually coach speak to media is not straight talk but when Kirby said “There is No Plan” when discussing the QBs - it rings somewhat true.     I dunno, it’s an enigma wrapped in a mystery.  Bizarre all the way around.

No gonna argue with any of that. Fields was mismanaged and I don't have a rational explanation why but I certainly don't think it was some kind of sabotage.

Posted (edited)

Not trying to unnecessarily cause more Fields drama, but...

Elsewhere someone is asking if anyone knows anything about a post that was deleted on another site mentioning a post game interaction between Fields and some UGA players. It's the first I've heard of anything like this; anyone else have any details? Or can scatter this rumor to the wind if it's not true? I did read that Fields wasn't in the locker room for postgame interviews; figured he was just unhappy about not getting to play, but perhaps there was more to it?

Edited by RandomFan

Posted (edited)

9 hours ago, TheTrue7 said:

Body language wreaked of entitlement.. what was said after the game about “did you see that handoff” wreaked of entitlement.. notice that he was saying that to other players.. that creates dissension.. creates separation instead of unity.. 

i don’t question his athleticism.. I question his ethics.. 

So one comment tells you that? It's exactly why I said I highly doubt that he's entitled I think he knows he has to wait his turn, and understood Fromm is in the driver's seat. I see that more of frustration in the moment than anything else. With this one I'll just agree to disagree on it as I'm more pissed off with Chaney more than anything else.

Edited by Zone#7

2 hours ago, Zone#7 said:

So one comment tells you that? It's exactly why I said I highly doubt that he's entitled I think he knows he has to wait his turn, and understood Fromm is in the driver's seat. I see that more of frustration in the moment than anything else. With this one I'll just agree to disagree on it as I'm more pissed off with Chaney more than anything else.

The body language in every game told me that..  people really need to quit crowning these kids.. calling them generational type talents.. comparing them to current NFL players.. there is a reason they have a sense of entitlement nowadays.. it’s because their ego is fed to the point of no return.. 

sdogg, 95Dawg and m2Falcons like this

6 hours ago, RandomFan said:

Elsewhere someone is asking if anyone knows anything about a post that was deleted on another site mentioning a post game interaction between Fields and some UGA players. It's the first I've heard of anything like this; anyone else have any details? Or can scatter this rumor to the wind if it's not true? I did read that Fields wasn't in the locker room for postgame interviews; figured he was just unhappy about not getting to play, but perhaps there was more to it?

Honestly wouldn’t surprise me.. 

me me me..

sdogg likes this

48 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

The body language in every game told me that..  people really need to quit crowning these kids.. calling them generational type talents.. comparing them to current NFL players.. there is a reason they have a sense of entitlement nowadays.. it’s because their ego is fed to the point of no return.. 

Now this we can both agree on, but it's the nature of the game nowadays there really is nothing we can do about this, and the only way to truely do something about this is silence the media, but that's not happening.

7 hours ago, RandomFan said:

What sort of interaction are you referring to

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, Dawggone said:

What sort of interaction are you referring to

That's kind of the point of my post...I have no idea.

Edited by RandomFan

54 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

That's kind of the point of my post...I have no idea.

...but I will further the rumor with no idea:rolleyes:

frankly88 likes this

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

...but I will further the rumor with no idea:rolleyes:

Umm, I was asking a question if anyone else knows anything about it. Roll your eyes back forward and read it again. If you've got nothing constructive to add, then move along. 

Edited by RandomFan

18 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Umm, I was asking a question if anyone else knows anything about it. Roll your eyes back forward and read it again. If you've got nothing constructive to add, then move along. 

Your “rumor that’s not a rumor” post on a message board that was deleted is the definition of nothing constructive to add.

Posted (edited)

18 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Your “rumor that’s not a rumor” post on a message board that was deleted is the definition of nothing constructive to add.

b802d06b4148bc4fe2adedc2eed627a6fe36f3a8172a5ca72553531274e184f5.jpg.40c306a3d6c2b8e16981c56bfdc0fd4a.jpg

Edited by RandomFan

Posted (edited)

15 hours ago, Zone#7 said:

I can’t speak to him being entitled but I heard from his dad’s mouth that he thought he could beat Jake and Eason out before he committed.

And I do believe he was mismanaged.  Why not give him a full series or two each game with designed plays.

Edited by Porter Osborne Jr
g-dawg likes this

8 minutes ago, Porter Osborne Jr said:

I can’t speak to him being entitled but I heard from his dad’s mouth that he thought he could beat Jake and Eason out before he committed.

And I do believe he was misnamed.  Why not give him a full series or two each game with designed plays.

If I signed a top QB that was rated historically high and he didn’t think he could come in and take the job, I would question the rating and the confidence of the player.

Same as basketball, you want guys that want the ball,  you want the QBs that want to be in when game is on the line.

1 hour ago, Porter Osborne Jr said:

And I do believe he was misnamed.  Why not give him a full series or two each game with designed plays.

Which that's someone who has a competitive nature, and that's what I would want and G-dawg is right as well. People ask why even recruit the kid in the first place, but you don't want to be the home team that passed on two top QB in the state of GA. Now we might have to watch both win Heisman and Championship from afar. Think that's what is the most frustrating thing for Georgia fans.

Honestly as a side note if these players are entitled that reflects heavy on society as a whole more than them. Just look at the recruiting trail how hyped up people get for that it's the equivalent of a model fashion show. Then when we don't get what we want people throw tantrums about it, or even if we do its onto next year rinse and repeat. I've seen this with many fanbases in CFB or CBB.

31 minutes ago, Zone#7 said:

Which that's someone who has a competitive nature, and that's what I would want and G-dawg is right as well. People ask why even recruit the kid in the first place, but you don't want to be the home team that passed on two top QB in the state of GA. Now we might have to watch both win Heisman and Championship from afar. Think that's what is the most frustrating thing for Georgia fans.

Who are the qb's we passed on?

Watson. We didn’t pass on him, and as much as I’ve fussed we didn’t pass on Lawrence either. Guys I’m pissed too about the game and the “almost there” feeling, before richt came I would’ve been thrilled w a 10 win season consistently cause I lived thru the late 80s and the 90s of misery and legit mediocrity, and then 10 wins wasn’t enough, of course, now 3 years of Kirby and nothing short of a title will be enough- is like to see Chaney gone, like to see more aggressiveness on d, but am happy w the program, but will tell u that in my opinion and that’s the world we live in like it or not, I can judge someone wo fact period! Fields needs to be gone, after that sc game which was a huge game and win for us and he was chirping about not getting enough me time, that’s divided the locker room, maybe not a leader in the field but a leader of the youth - that young group being out of control, no-showing the title game, be gone kid, he is a cancer to this team, talented, heisman maybe one day, but not good for this team right now- hope in the next day or so he announces he’s a buckeye and we can move on from this

15 minutes ago, VoiceofReason95 said:

Murray was gone after 2013, the reason we missed on Watson was because we chose Ramsey, which we alllllllll know was a mistake.

Thought it was Jacob Park or whatever his name was - I know he was the guy in Elite 11 with Watson.

I can no longer be a UGA fan..you have the most talented player you ever had, and you force him out the door. Choke, choke choke!