Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wartownfalcon

Justin Fields to transfer

1,710 posts in this topic

I thought/hoped maybe there was a shot he could stay. Now there is no doubt that he is gone. Dang... I’m going to hate seeing what he can do for another team. People can have their own opinions they want on him, but the kid is going to show out for someone- I will be VERY surprised if he is a bust.

joefalco and Wardog357 like this

6 minutes ago, mike teevee said:

I thought/hoped maybe there was a shot he could stay. Now there is no doubt that he is gone. Dang... I’m going to hate seeing what he can do for another team. People can have their own opinions they want on him, but the kid is going to show out for someone- I will be VERY surprised if he is a bust.

We need a new OC. Chaney can’t even get the most out of Fromm. Running hurry up more frequently for him is about the most obvious adjustment to make and he never has. I’m pretty sure he doesn’t have a clue how to scheme for a true dual threat QB with elite arm talent.

Kirby and Chaney just gonna force every QB we get to be a game manager.

Agreed. I posted something similar in the game thread. I’ve never been anti-Chaney. I never thought he was great, but good enough..however the more I see the less I am impressed. I doubt he goes anywhere, but I find it hard to believe he is our best option available 

m2Falcons, mqg96, Dawggone and 1 other like this

Isn't Chaney's contract over now? He originally signed a 3 year deal and never got an extension. They could be working on one but as of this moment hes not under contract for 2019.

Steve Sarkisian to UGA, Chaney to Tennessee? :ninja:

WAs Mel Tucker coaching last night, or was he gone already? The team seemed so out of sync. Texas brought the game to us....we said....we really don't want your game.

14 hours ago, RandomFan said:

Saw this posted elsewhere: 

Anyone care to hazard a guess what this is in reference to? 

If even half the stuff I've heard about Pablo and his kid are true then they can't go far enough away fast enough.

20 minutes ago, Ransack said:

If even half the stuff I've heard about Pablo and his kid are true then they can't go far enough away fast enough.

Can’t be.. we’ve been told the exact opposite..

Wish we would have played Fields some last night.  His running ability would have slowed down that blitz for sure

g-dawg likes this

44 minutes ago, Wardog357 said:

WAs Mel Tucker coaching last night, or was he gone already? The team seemed so out of sync. Texas brought the game to us....we said....we really don't want your game.

Tucker left the day he signed the contract at Colorado. 

Tucker left the day he signed the contract at Colorado. 

So we have Mel gone...which a lot of players seemed to like. Fields situation....which has some team division. So a somewhat distracted bunch of kids not focused enough on the game. Me thinking out loud, but Lord that was a crap show of a game for us.

m2Falcons likes this

I'm officially done with Chaney, and Georgia may take another step back next season with the loss of Mel Tucker. I think losing both Mel Tucker and Justin Fields is a red flag for us coming into next season. 

46 minutes ago, mqg96 said:

I'm officially done with Chaney, and Georgia may take another step back next season with the loss of Mel Tucker. I think losing both Mel Tucker and Justin Fields is a red flag for us coming into next season. 

Why would you say that when you don't even know who the dc is yet?  Fields might end up being a great player, or he might be average.  He has a lot of growing up to do, be it in Athens, or elsewhere.

Losing Jay Johnson is a bigger worry for me than Mel Tucker as until 2017 and 2018 I was never impressed with Chaney. There was plenty of situations like 2012 Tennessee where their fans harped on them having the most offensive talent they ever had, and while they put up yards and points, they were mediocre and Arkansas where Brandon Allen took off once another OC was hired (Dan Enos) and in general that team had a lot of talent offensively and wasn't better. 

That offensive analyst hire might be important, that is if Chaney doesn't just quietly get not renewed. Either way, I think it's more than time for Kirby to take a look in the mirror and open up to staying with playing to offensive player's strengths. We're not a pro style offense anymore, it's much more of a spread (maybe you can call it hybrid between pro and spread) but still we try to grind it out, and the offense routinely looks better when they hurry up. When Fromm starts out off, they need to spread it out and try to go up tempo to get him into a rhythm. 

13 minutes ago, VoiceofReason95 said:

the offense routinely looks better when they hurry up. When Fromm starts out off, they need to spread it out and try to go up tempo to get him into a rhythm. 

Why is it so difficult for our oc to see this?

Kirby’s probably afraid that running hurry up might result in his defense spending too much time on the field.

I think Kirby’s infatuated with the type of offense Bama ran before Lane Kiffin got there.

48 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

Why would you say that when you don't even know who the dc is yet?  Fields might end up being a great player, or he might be average.  He has a lot of growing up to do, be it in Athens, or elsewhere.

Replacing a coordinator is always a growing pain. I don't care what level of game play you're at. Look at the Falcons when they had to replace Shanahan with Sark or Alabama when they had to change their offensive philosophy between 2013 and 2014. Remember when Georgia got rid of Bobo for Schottenheimer from 2014 to 2015? Coordinators at the college level are able to recruit and coach a specific type of scheme. When you lose a coordinator, it may affect the coaching and the recruiting. 

1 minute ago, mqg96 said:

Replacing a coordinator is always a growing pain. I don't care what level of game play you're at. Look at the Falcons when they had to replace Shanahan with Sark or Alabama when they had to change their offensive philosophy between 2013 and 2014. Remember when Georgia got rid of Bobo for Schottenheimer from 2014 to 2015? Coordinators at the college level are able to recruit and coach a specific type of scheme. When you lose a coordinator, it may affect the coaching and the recruiting. 

Those are all offensive coordinators you’re referencing.. 

6 minutes ago, Billy Ocean said:

Kirby’s probably afraid that running hurry up might result in his defense spending too much time on the field.

I think Kirby’s infatuated with the type of offense Bama ran before Lane Kiffin got there.

and that offense only works against elite defenses when you have the #1 recruiting classes year in and year out, but Georgia doesn't do that like Bama does with Saban. That offense is way too conservative and outdated in this day of college football. That's why Justin Fields didn't work in this offense, and Chaney's inability to coach up QB's has hurt Fromm as well. The type of offense Saban has ran since 2014 or the type of offense Clemson runs on a regular basis is what Georgia needs to get ASAP but unfortunately it's not happening any time soon. 

21 minutes ago, mqg96 said:

I do not thing we will be getting a dc that has a different schematic philosophy than Kirby.  This isn't the same as changing an offense, or going from a 3-4, to a 4-3,

And to respond to an earlier post about how the Ford transfer is any different than the Fields transfer, it's because Ford wants to be close to his grandfather, who is dying of cancer, who got him involved with football and wants for him (and family) to be able to see him play and not be forced to fly, or drive 10 hours to do so. 

Porter Osborne Jr likes this

29 minutes ago, mqg96 said:

Bama has also replaced their offensive coordinator the past 4 years or so in a row and haven’t missed a beat. It all depends on who is hired, their philosophy and the language they use to call plays. I’d be willing to risk a setback on offense to send Chaney packing. 

Tucker is a great in-game play caller. Schematically the defense won’t change but the play calling could be affected on defense. 

3 hours ago, Ransack said:

Don’t believe half was true.  Pablo/Fields are a convenient excuse - always easiest to kick the dawg going out the door as the fall guy.

There was a lack of leadership on this team this year all the way around.

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Did you mean to say that some kids came in expecting to have something given to them, instead of earning it?  Because that seems to be the case here.

But yes, this team lost a ton of leadership when Chubb, Sony and Roquan moved on.

Edited by Turkeydawg
RandomFan likes this

20 minutes ago, UAB_DAWG said:

Bama has also replaced their offensive coordinator the past 4 years or so in a row and haven’t missed a beat. It all depends on who is hired, their philosophy and the language they use to call plays. I’d be willing to risk a setback on offense to send Chaney packing. 

Tucker is a great in-game play caller. Schematically the defense won’t change but the play calling could be affected on defense. 

We're talking about the same guy that blew it against Bama right?

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

Don’t believe half was true.  Pablo/Fields are a convenient excuse - always easiest to kick the dawg going out the door as the fall guy.

I had three family members at Harrison (two on the football team) and I have a family member on UGA's team so you tell me if you have better sources. I'm not calling the kid a thug or a cancer but he has entitlement issues and helicopter parent(s).