Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wartownfalcon

Justin Fields to transfer

1,728 posts in this topic

32 minutes ago, LawDawg said:

Well if he can't beat out whoever's currently on the roster then he certainly doesn't want Justin to show.

Martell is not a top QB.  Like the reports say,  he was/is no lock to start regardless of what Fields does.   All of Martell’s popping off is false bravado.

Posted (edited)

I’m not convinced that Fields doesn’t stay.  I think it just doesn’t make sense to transfer if he isn’t granted immediate eligibility (which isn’t likely). I think it actually could’ve helped that case by signing 2 QBs so Fields could redshirt if he stayed and only play if Fromm gets injured or something like that. Now, would I be surprised if he did transfer, no but I think it’s looking like a good possibility 

Edited by Bdawg58

23 minutes ago, Bdawg58 said:

I’m not convinced that Fields doesn’t stay.  I think it just doesn’t make sense to transfer if he isn’t granted immediate eligibility (which isn’t likely). I think it actually could’ve helped that case by signing 2 QBs so Fields could redshirt if he stayed and only play if Fromm gets injured or something like that. Now, would I be surprised if he did transfer, no but I think it’s looking like a good possibility 

Would be awesome if they got a plan together like that.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

Martell is not a top QB.  Like the reports say,  he was/is no lock to start regardless of what Fields does.   All of Martell’s popping off is false bravado.

If I were OSU and I wanted Fields, I would make sure that the idea that Martell is not a lock to start, is floated out there.  Martell had a great high school career, just as Fields did.  Neither have proven themselves at the collegiate level.

Edited by Turkeydawg

13 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Have you ever met a qb who didn’t think he was the best?  I **** sure don’t want one starting on my team who lacks confidence.

13 minutes ago, Porter Osborne Jr said:

Have you ever met a qb who didn’t think he was the best?  I **** sure don’t want one starting on my team who lacks confidence.

I am sure Martell thinks he’s good but he’s just not that talented.  Maybe he can overcome his lack of tools and small size but I doubt it.

38 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I am sure Martell thinks he’s good but he’s just not that talented.  Maybe he can overcome his lack of tools and small size but I doubt it.

How in the heck do you know that?  You blast UGA fans for saying things about Fields but you have no issues doing the same with Martell.  The kid was recruited and offered by everyone across America just like Fields but you can sit here and say he’s just not that talented.  Amazing.

He’s short but was almost a 5* #2 duel threat from that big school in Vegas right? Like to think he wouldn’t be a pushover especially already in the system, he and fields on the same team would be interesting either way given martells outspokenness and fields expectations 

5 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

My gut says Fields & Haselwood to Oklahoma

Nope! It's Fields to Ohio State and it's so obvious it's tampering (but because of how, it can't be proven by the school) it hurts and Haselwood to Oklahoma. They actually aren't joined at the hip.

I already posted a link to Spencer Rattler, the big time 5* QB that just signed with Oklahoma, saying that Lincoln Riley told him they are not bringing in any other QB in 2019.

Really don’t think Lincoln Riley would lie to a potential 3-4 year starting QB that’s more talented than any QB he’s had at Oklahoma yet. Let alone about bringing in a QB he might get a year out of.

5 minutes ago, Carter said:

I already posted a link to Spencer Rattler, the big time 5* QB that just signed with Oklahoma, saying that Lincoln Riley told him they are not bringing in any other QB in 2019.

Really don’t think Lincoln Riley would lie to a potential 3-4 year starting QB that’s more talented than any QB he’s had at Oklahoma yet. Let alone about bringing in a QB he might get a year out of.

Maybe he said he wasn't bringing in another QB. 

Cause he's going to Cleveland :ninja:

10 minutes ago, WOR said:

Maybe he said he wasn't bringing in another QB. 

Cause he's going to Cleveland :ninja:

Guy has been a head coach in college all of like 5 minutes.

Cleveland would though.

4 minutes ago, Carter said:

Guy has been a head coach in college all of like 5 minutes.

Cleveland would though.

More time than Condoleezza rice has lol

Carter likes this

I think the rumor is if the Dallas job opens up this weekend then that might be the only job that would seriously temp Riley. Apparently that gig is high on his list. 

14 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

I think the rumor is if the Dallas job opens up this weekend then that might be the only job that would seriously temp Riley. Apparently that gig is high on his list. 

yep.  he has said that is his dream job, but i am not sure jerry jones would chance it with a guy who has barely been a head coach in college..  howevrer with jerry you never know. lol 

40 minutes ago, Carter said:

yep there is no way he is ending up at Oklahoma.. 

51 minutes ago, VoiceofReason95 said:

Nope! It's Fields to Ohio State and it's so obvious it's tampering (but because of how, it can't be proven by the school) it hurts and Haselwood to Oklahoma. They actually aren't joined at the hip.

yep.. tempering as i have said numerous times in this thread and other threads has indeed happened.  

3 hours ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

He’s short but was almost a 5* #2 duel threat from that big school in Vegas right? Like to think he wouldn’t be a pushover especially already in the system, he and fields on the same team would be interesting either way given martells outspokenness and fields expectations 

yep he was the #2 DT coming out right behind tua.. he is very talented and he knows the system.  he has always been loud mouthed and confident in his abilities.  you can bet he has that lockerroom as well.  it will be interesting to know an insider who has a good handle on how the lockerroom is after this spring.. lol 

Posted (edited)

Saw this posted elsewhere: 

Pablo Fields, Justin’s Dad, just tweeted and quickly deleted... “All Lies”.

Anyone care to hazard a guess what this is in reference to? 

Edited by RandomFan