Followers 0
wartownfalcon

Justin Fields to transfer

1,728 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

You know nothing.  #clueless

In case you missed it a few pages back.

Andrew Thomas on Fromm vs Fields.

"I think Jake, he's always positive," Thomas said. "Jake's the same every day. He's very smart. I think that's the separation sometimes, how he can understand the plays, understand the checks, and things like that."

And gdawg, that's not trashing Fields.  He is only a freshman and it takes some guys longer to get up to speed.  He has plenty of talent, he just wasn't ready to lead this team as a true freshman.

sdogg likes this

3 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

In case you missed it a few pages back.

Andrew Thomas on Fromm vs Fields.

"I think Jake, he's always positive," Thomas said. "Jake's the same every day. He's very smart. I think that's the separation sometimes, how he can understand the plays, understand the checks, and things like that."

Lol.  Nothing in there about Justin.

You seem to be someone that likes to judge people when you have about 30% of the facts.  Lots of hostility and anger.

Consider making  a New Years resolution to change this - maybe start with Justin Fields ;)

39 minutes ago, LawDawg said:

Mathis and Bennett are proof of what Kirby thinks.

I really disagree. We talked about the possibility and Kirby wanting to bring in two QBs in this class a long time before Fields transfer rumors heated up and then became public. Kirby has said he prefers to have 4 QBs on scholarship at any given time.

Mathis is probably 2 years away from doing anything and Bennett is just not very good... great for our practices and all that but he’s not a good D1 QB. It’s drinking the koolaid to think Bennett is good for anything more than practice at UGA or Mathis will contribute anything significant before 2020 at the earliest.

I think there’s a much better chance of Fields staying than most seem to believe. Of course he could still leave and folks will say “of course” but the truth is it’s a very hard decision for him and if he had already decided he would already have transferred. Class starts next Monday at OSU.

g-dawg likes this

5 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Lol.  Nothing in there about Justin.

You seem to be someone that likes to judge people when you have about 30% of the facts.  Lots of hostility and anger.

Consider making  a New Years resolution to change this - maybe start with Justin Fields ;)

I thought it was obvious, but maybe I should have included the paragraph prior to what I posted:

*** Sophomore left tackle Andrew Thomas has protected the blindside for both players this season. He holds a similar opinion as Swift. The competition and decisions of the coaches haven't been divisive. He actually has a strong understanding of why things are the way they are.***

Is that better?  Andrew Thomas "has a strong understanding of why things are the way they are"

Edit:  by both, they are talking about both Fromm and Fields

Edited by Turkeydawg

1 hour ago, Carter said:

Well in fairness to that comparison, Kelly Bryant had just played in 4 games and would have no more eligibility remaining if he stuck around and played at all. He was also a senior that lost the job to a true freshman in a way that he felt was not right after taking the team to the playoffs. There was no scenario where sticking around was really an option for him like it is with Fields.

Fields is on the team, never won the job from the starter who is a class ahead of him, he has 3 more years of eligibility and is probably trying to figure out if he wants to stay in a system he is a year deep into learning vs transferring somewhere new to learn a whole new system. He has not transferred nor burned any bridge yet.

I expect we will know for sure soon after the Sugar Bowl. Kirby wants him to stay but has to plan as if he won’t. We’ll see how it ends up.

Though the particularities of each of their situations may be different, their subjective feeling that they can be the man elsewhere is basically the same, regardless of how many years of eligibility they each have left.

I'm just tired of the drama. Fields's impending transfer has been the worst kept secret since it became public 2 days before ESD. The timing of such news, much less the fact that it became public in the first place, is highly suspect. The announcement couldn't have come after ESD? after the Sugar Bowl? after the season? Most kids just decide to transfer and we only hear about it once the decision has been made. In this instance, the announcement of a "possible transfer" was certainly timed to affect our recruiting and his "possible transfer" has been drawn out as if he's a HS recruit making his college decision all over again. Just go already and good luck being the man elsewhere. I can't wait to see Fromm be a serious contender for the Heisman next year.

3 minutes ago, LawDawg said:

Though the particularities of each of their situations may be different, their subjective feeling that they can be the man elsewhere is basically the same, regardless of how many years of eligibility they each have left.

I'm just tired of the drama. Fields's impending transfer has been the worst kept secret since it became public 2 days before ESD. The timing of such news, much less the fact that it became public in the first place, is highly suspect. The announcement couldn't have come after ESD? after the Sugar Bowl? after the season? Most kids just decide to transfer and we only hear about once the decision has been made. In this instance, the announcement of a "possible transfer" was certainly timed to affect our recruiting and his "possible transfer" has been drawn out as if he's a HS recruit making his college decision all over again. Just go already and good luck being the man elsewhere. I can wait to see Fromm be a serious contender for the Heisman next year.

yep it was leaked by the field's camp a few days before ESD to try and hurt our recruiting.  dan wolken basically said that in a post that the leak he published came from field's family.  it was very clear that there has been tampering by ohio state and his qb coach.  osu was the clear favorite before he was even in the portal showing discussions have happened between fields family/handlers and osu coaching staff.  it's the same thing that happened with cj spiller and florida when meyer was there.  clemson had proof of tempering and basically told cj if he left they had the proof of discussions with florida's staff.. after that one on one meeting spiller decided against transferring.  the good thing about this transfer is that it is going to have to happen quickly because classes start january 10th at osu. 

10 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

I thought it was obvious, but maybe I should have included the paragraph prior to what I posted:

*** Sophomore left tackle Andrew Thomas has protected the blindside for both players this season. He holds a similar opinion as Swift. The competition and decisions of the coaches haven't been divisive. He actually has a strong understanding of why things are the way they are.***

Is that better?  Andrew Thomas "has a strong understanding of why things are the way they are"

Edit:  by both, they are talking about both Fromm and Fields

yep it was pretty clear their were talking about fromm and fields and their comparison.  which makes sense because field's isn't going to be as knowledgeable and know the offense in just 1 season and 1 spring as fromm does after 2 seasons and 3 springs.  fields just wasn't ready which should not be expected of a true freshman straight out of high school.. if fields did stay he would have another spring to continue to learn the system, but if he moves to ohio state he will have the same issue.  ryan day's system is closer to an nfl system and chaney's is basically an nfl system you are learning so it takes longer to be comfortable running it.  

2 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

yep it was leaked by the field's camp a few days before ESD to try and hurt our recruiting.  dan wolken basically said that in a post that the leak he published came from field's family.  it was very clear that there has been tampering by ohio state and his qb coach.  osu was the clear favorite before he was even in the portal showing discussions have happened between fields family/handlers and osu coaching staff.  it's the same thing that happened with cj spiller and florida when meyer was there.  clemson had proof of tempering and basically told cj if he left they had the proof of discussions with florida's staff.. after that one on one meeting spiller decided against transferring.  the good thing about this transfer is that it is going to have to happen quickly because classes start january 10th at osu. 

That's pathetic.

Just now, SacFalcFan said:

yep it was pretty clear their were talking about fromm and fields and their comparison.  which makes sense because field's isn't going to be as knowledgeable and know the offense in just 1 season and 1 spring as fromm does after 2 seasons and 3 springs.  fields just wasn't ready which should not be expected of a true freshman straight out of high school.. if fields did stay he would have another spring to continue to learn the system, but if he moves to ohio state he will have the same issue.  ryan day's system is closer to an nfl system and chaney's is basically an nfl system you are learning so it takes longer to be comfortable running it.  

Yep.  He is going to be at square 1, wherever he goes, and will still have to compete will another talented player.

57 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Lacrosse?

You are seriously underrating Martell and him being in that system for two years.  I don’t think he is as talented as Fields but being in a system longer is a huge advantage.

3 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

Yep.  He is going to be at square 1, wherever he goes, and will still have to compete will another talented player.

yep.. there is a commit they got last year that scream's graham harrell to me in matthew baldwin.  he is 6-3 pro style kid.  when i saw his video a few years ago it reminded me of what i saw from graham in high school.  very talented kid who throws a very nice long ball.. he does a great job in his ball placement.

By some of these comments from “those who know more about the kid than others do”, I can certainly see where this particular sense of entitlement comes from........

RandomFan likes this

1 hour ago, Carter said:

I really disagree. We talked about the possibility and Kirby wanting to bring in two QBs in this class a long time before Fields transfer rumors heated up and then became public. Kirby has said he prefers to have 4 QBs on scholarship at any given time.

Mathis is probably 2 years away from doing anything and Bennett is just not very good... great for our practices and all that but he’s not a good D1 QB. It’s drinking the koolaid to think Bennett is good for anything more than practice at UGA or Mathis will contribute anything significant before 2020 at the earliest.

I think there’s a much better chance of Fields staying than most seem to believe. Of course he could still leave and folks will say “of course” but the truth is it’s a very hard decision for him and if he had already decided he would already have transferred. Class starts next Monday at OSU.

Signing Bennett to a scholarship was a reaction to Fields transferring. I don't see how you can rationalize it any other way. Bennett was signed solely for depth because without him, we'd have only one scholarship QB (Mathis) behind Fromm who's about as familiar with the Georgia offense as you and I. Bennett, though certainly not worthy of a Georgia scholarship under most circumstances, at least knows the coaches and the system and has the experience you'd want over a true freshman.

Edited by LawDawg
Left out Plumlee, but it doesn't change my opinion anyhow.
RandomFan and jeffro2000 like this

13 minutes ago, Porter Osborne Jr said:

If the Fields family did that to hurt UGA then I can’t see how anyone would want him back or could support him.  That’s pathetic if true.

Unless Jf was completely out of the loop, much like when Rodrigo's dad got to running his mouth 2 years ago.

sdogg, SacFalcFan and RandomFan like this

2 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

Unless Jf was completely out of the loop, much like when Rodrigo's dad got to running his mouth 2 years ago.

True, everyone has some crazy family members but his family seems grounded so it’s hard to believe they would do it without his knowledge.

“Fields family leaked transfer story to hurt UGA and their recruiting.”

Kirby - “We would like Justin to stay and I told him ‘Yes’ when he asked if he could stay with team and go/play in Sugar Bowl.”

Now ask yourself,  “Does that make sense?  Do those two go together?”

One is a statement by Kirby and other is pure conjecture.  If Kirby believed Justin Fields camp was purposely trying to hurt the football program, why would he be allowed to remain with the team?  

frankly88 likes this

2 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Kirby - “We would like Justin to stay and I told him ‘Yes’ when he asked if he could stay with team and go/play in Sugar Bowl.”

One is a statement by Kirby and other is pure conjecture.  If Kirby believed Justin Fields camp was purposely trying to hurt the football program, why would he be allowed to remain with the team?  

Maybe because it would look worse if we severed ties, and equally as important, Fields is a better option than Downing.

RandomFan likes this

9 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Maybe because he knows he’s definitely not coming back and it’s a good pr move.

Maybe he’s worried about the bs racist story that I’m sure other coaches are using against us and he’s trying to minimize the damage.

RandomFan likes this

8 minutes ago, Porter Osborne Jr said:

Maybe because he knows he’s definitely not coming back and it’s a good pr move.

Maybe he’s worried about the bs racist story that I’m sure other coaches are using against us and he’s trying to minimize the damage.

Or maybe this is just wild conjecture?

frankly88 likes this