Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wartownfalcon

Justin Fields to transfer

1,710 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

This is amongst the most ignorant things I’ve ever read.  You sound like Swift when he talked about Matt Ryan. 

I know you’re upset he is leaving.  I am as well...but I understand his reasoning.  If Fromm were a senior next year, Fields would stay.  He’s making a business decision...but all year you screamed at Kirby/Chaney for not letting Fields get consistent, meaningful snaps.  Even the day of the SECCG you said it.  What’s changed?

I still like Fields, but if he goes to Ohio State he's being stupid and wasting his talent. He won't progress as a QB. He can go somewhere else and actually grow.

putnam6 and Falconsin2012 like this

6 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

I still like Fields, but if he goes to Ohio State he's being stupid and wasting his talent. He won't progress as a QB. He can go somewhere else and actually grow.

Isn't surprising if what I've read elsewhere is correct. His QB coach is supposedly acting like a handler and has strong ties with Ohio State.

15 minutes ago, VoiceofReason95 said:

Isn't surprising if what I've read elsewhere is correct. His QB coach is supposedly acting like a handler and has strong ties with Ohio State.

If a QB coach was pushing my NFL hopeful son to Ohio State then he'd lose his job.

1 hour ago, Falconsin2012 said:

How good would Fromm be if Eason was not injured last year?  Without meaningful snaps they are all just prospects.  We don’t know how good Fields is...but I suspect after a year getting #1 reps in practice & games he will be the best player in the country. 

giphy.gif

Falconsin2012 likes this

4 hours ago, frankly88 said:

He also made it very clear that he strongly considered transferring during his time at UGA.  

He did, I think that considering is always being wise because it's your life. But what stood out to me was what he ended with saying about believing he made the best decision. But ultimately Fields has to do what he thinks is best for him. If he sits out a year I'm not sure it will be transferring, but it's his life to make that decision. Doesn't really matter what I think. Wish the best for him unless he plays UGA.

1 hour ago, VoiceofReason95 said:

really isn't anything supposedly about it.. his QB coach is his handler and that is why before he was even put into the portal Ohio State was considered the front runner for Fields.  Fields already had asked haskins if he was going to go pro or not because he doesn't want to have to compete with a heisman finalist which makes sense.  his qb coach has been interviewed about fields to ohio state and has said he isn't involved (BS).  he is the reason why fields and his family want him at ohio state.. this was in the works for a while.  ohio state was tampering through his qb coach.  that is impossible to prove so the staff won't push that.  

8 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

And only 1 year as a starter...

The NFL has got to be filled with the biggest group of morons I've ever seen... The media feeds him as the best and it's like they all just decided "ok well they're smart".

Andrew Thomas on Fromm vs Fields.

"I think Jake, he's always positive," Thomas said. "Jake's the same every day. He's very smart. I think that's the separation sometimes, how he can understand the plays, understand the checks, and things like that."

95Dawg, RandomFan, LawDawg and 2 others like this

Kirby Smart - All Access this week.  Always features a few players and practice footage - this week for first week all year(I think) - Jake was featured - no practice video footage of Fields.   Just the 99th sign that he ain’t coming back.   Still don’t understand why he’s with team still - gotta be a strategic reason though.   Probably just trying to get him out door as painlessly as possible.

6 minutes ago, judas yeast said:

Considering the whole UGA is racist thing, maybe saying the black qb isn't as smart isn't the best explanation 

Andrew Thomas who was quoted is Black.  Do you actually think before you type?  You obviously don’t even watch much football if you don’t know whine andrew Thomas is.

Porter Osborne Jr likes this

10 minutes ago, Is This What You Want? said:

Andrew Thomas who was quoted is Black.  Do you actually think before you type?  You obviously don’t even watch much football if you don’t know whine andrew Thomas is.

If you think that's a good angle to promote, go ahead.  Doesn't matter if Don Cornelius said it

Just now, judas yeast said:

If you think that's a good angle to promote, go ahead.  Doesn't matter if Don Cornelius said it

So one white guy who is not part of the University makes an entire school racist but a black guy is just playing an angle. mkay :rolleyes:

Maybe you should look in the mirror before calling somebody else racist after that last statement

1 hour ago, judas yeast said:

Considering the whole UGA is racist thing, maybe saying the black qb isn't as smart isn't the best explanation 

Ummmm.... it was a black OL commenting on Fromm’’s smarts (read football IQ) and positive attitude.

he didn’t say Fields was not smart.

You’re not demonstrating great intelligence yourself, which is ironic given your GT-ness.

g-dawg and Porter Osborne Jr like this

1 hour ago, m2Falcons said:

Ummmm.... it was a black OL commenting on Fromm’’s smarts (read football IQ) and positive attitude.

he didn’t say Fields was not smart.

You’re not demonstrating great intelligence yourself, which is ironic given your GT-ness.

Sure. If you don't think it was a direct comparison of intelligence (despite it saying exactly that) that's your right.  

13 minutes ago, judas yeast said:

Sure. If you don't think it was a direct comparison of intelligence (despite it saying exactly that) that's your right.  

Context is important.

Being able to comprehend that...  even more so.

SacFalcFan likes this

2 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Kirby Smart - All Access this week.  Always features a few players and practice footage - this week for first week all year(I think) - Jake was featured - no practice video footage of Fields.   Just the 99th sign that he ain’t coming back.   Still don’t understand why he’s with team still - gotta be a strategic reason though.   Probably just trying to get him out door as painlessly as possible.

You don't understand why he's still with the team? OK, ask yourself who the QB's are that are eligible to play in our bowl game. The only other scholarship QB we have on the roster other than Fromm...is Fields. 

As much as you've suggested that our season would be wasted next year if Fields transfers and Fromm gets injured, surely you understand that having only Matthew Downing as our ONLY backup QB option for the Texas game is....less than ideal?

Read this elsewhere.

At Rose Bowl media day on Sunday, Ohio State's redshirt freshman quarterback was asked for his opinion on the chances that he will be OSU's starting QB in 2019 if Dwayne Haskins turns pro as expected. "I'll go 100 percent sure on that," Martell said. "It will be me."

Martell is well aware of the rumors that Georgia true freshman quarterback Justin Fields is considering transferring to Ohio State. If that transpires, what will Martell's mindset be? To stay and battle for the job? “I’m just going to tell you right now, if anybody comes in, it’s going to take them over a year to learn the offense, in terms of to be where you need to be to go in and take over the offense and perform at a high level," Martell told Bucknuts. “So, just from that aspect, if someone is going to come in and think they are just going to walk in and start, it’s probably not going to happen, just because of having to learn the offense. Because our offense that coach (Ryan) Day has set for us, it’s an NFL-type of offense and it’s difficult to learn. So, it’s takes people awhile to get it down

38 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

You don't understand why he's still with the team? OK, ask yourself who the QB's are that are eligible to play in our bowl game. The only other scholarship QB we have on the roster other than Fromm...is Fields. 

As much as you've suggested that our season would be wasted next year if Fields transfers and Fromm gets injured, surely you understand that having only Matthew Downing as our ONLY backup QB option for the Texas game is....less than ideal?

If Fields is the cancer you and others have made him out to be, then he’s out the door yesterday.