Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wartownfalcon

Justin Fields to transfer

1,728 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, RandomFan said:

I'm sure some of us around here remember Jeff George? Probably the most arm talent of any QB in the history of the game. But barely qualifies as even an average NFL QB because he lacked the personality, leadership, and intangibles it takes to play the position. 

Guess how a QB develops those intangibles particularly when coming from a rudimentary offense in high school..... by playing football.  I don't know why do you guys feel the need to turn Fields into a villain just because he wants to transfer from UGA?

g-dawg and Macknsweetjones like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why the last paragraph? Because it's the effing truth. I'm sorry if that hurts any feelings. Be a little more mentally tough than Fields apparently is, put your big boy pants on and  :dealwithit:

 
Edited by RandomFan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, frankly88 said:

Guess how a QB develops those intangibles particularly when coming from a rudimentary offense in high school..... by playing football.  I don't know why do you guys feel the need to turn Fields into a villain just because he wants to transfer from UGA?

Yeah, that’s exactly what is happening - some here feel the need to cast Justin as the devil himself.    Taking it waaaaay too far.

 

Macknsweetjones likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, frankly88 said:

Guess how a QB develops those intangibles particularly when coming from a rudimentary offense in high school..... by playing football.  I don't know why do you guys feel the need to turn Fields into a villain just because he wants to transfer from UGA?

He's not a villian. Just not as good as some here wanna think he is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, g-dawg said:

Yeah, that’s exactly what is happening - some here feel the need to cast Justin as the devil himself.    Taking it waaaaay too far.

 

And some here wanna act like he's the best QB to ever Grace the field when he's not even the best QB at UGA :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/5-star-qbs-last-decade/

Lots of misses on 5 Star QB's, more than I would have thought. Kind of new at watching recruiting and the off season. And by no means do I think Fields is a bust at all. Its nobodies fault either, it was in UGA's best interest,to have a back up plan if Fromm was just a one year wonder, and Justin needed to try to see if he could handle UGA.

Now he has got to switch gears or stay, think red shirting at UGA is the most viable option anywhere else he will have to sit and essentially start over. Otherwise I agree he needs to go to a university where he can play right away and be the face of that program.If he is as good as rated and he is, he will shine and likely cement an NFL deal. He isnt going to fall off of the NFL's radar no matter where is goes,unless its a total meltdown.

Dawggone likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, putnam6 said:

Now he has got to switch gears or stay, think red shirting at UGA is the most viable option anywhere else he will have to sit and essentially start over. Otherwise I agree he needs to go to a university where he can play right away and be the face of that program.If he is as good as rated and he is, he will shine and likely cement an NFL deal. He isnt going to fall off of the NFL's radar no matter where is goes,unless its a total meltdown.

I without a doubt agree UGA and a redshirt are the play if I am in his shoes. You can play in up to 4 games anyway and maybe Fromm leaves after Jr year? If not you play some your Sophomore year then have 2 years as the guy. You would have a great following, be in a position to win a NC, know the playbook, and be in a system much more likely to put you in a position to succees at the next level. Transferring you may lose the year and then go into a lot of unknowns. Like the old saying "1 bird in hand is worth 2 in the bush". It is very true. But you never know what was said or done behind closed doors this past year with Fields and players he was close with. I did find it "odd" or "telling" or "curious" or however you wish to describe it that after LSU (when I thought Justin would play a large chunk of game) he didnt play basically at all. All just my opinions.

datboilando likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did find it "odd" or "telling" or "curious" or however you wish to describe it tjat after LSU (when I thought Justin would play a large chunk of game) he didnt play basically at all. All just my opinions.

From what I've heard here, is there was a lot of young players showing out (in a bad way) before the LSU game and Fields might have been one of the players. Who knows.....I have no direct information to share and it's just things I heard. That's why they didn't play him if true and it very well could be a bunch of hog wash as well. Not sure we'll ever know the truth and we probably don't need to.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, RandomFan said:

Why the last paragraph? Because it's the effing truth. I'm sorry if that hurts any feelings. Be a little more mentally tough than Fields apparently is, put your big boy pants on and  :dealwithit:

 

I would argue that finding a place that he can play and potentially improve his ability to play at the next level IS dealing with it.  

g-dawg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Dawggone said:

I without a doubt agree UGA and a redshirt are the play if I am in his shoes. You can play in up to 4 games anyway and maybe Fromm leaves after Jr year? If not you play some your Sophomore year then have 2 years as the guy. You would have a great following, be in a position to win a NC, know the playbook, and be in a system much more likely to put you in a position to succees at the next level. Transferring you may lose the year and then go into a lot of unknowns. Like the old saying "1 bird in hand is worth 2 in the bush". It is very true. But you never know what was said or done behind closed doors this past year with Fields and players he was close with. I did find it "odd" or "telling" or "curious" or however you wish to describe it that after LSU (when I thought Justin would play a large chunk of game) he didnt play basically at all. All just my opinions.

 

Is red-shirting the best case scenario for Fields or for us Dawgs?  I would be delighted if Fields stays, but if he has the potential be an NFL QB which he clearly does, I certainly understand him choosing to look at all options available.  

g-dawg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, frankly88 said:

 

Is red-shirting the best case scenario for Fields or for us Dawgs?  I would be delighted if Fields stays, but if he has the potential be an NFL QB which he clearly does, I certainly understand him choosing to look at all options available.  

That's fair, but he will redshirt regardless.  Staying keeps him in the same system at least.  Until he is willing to completely buy in, it doesn't matter what school he is at.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he stays there is zero chance he would redshirt. We got him on the field as a true freshman, there is no way we wouldn't get him on the field as a more experienced sophomore. 

And he's probably gotten fairly strong indicators that his waiver would likely be approved, or he wouldn't be considering transferring in the first place. I doubt he'll be skipping next season, no matter where he plays. 

Edited by RandomFan
g-dawg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RandomFan said:

And he's probably gotten fairly strong indicators that his waiver would likely be approved, or he wouldn't be considering transferring in the first place. I doubt he'll be skipping next season, no matter where he plays. 

Not true.  He is considering transferring because he thought he would walk in and steal Fromm's job in year one.  He didn't and realized that his quickest path to being a starter, might be at another school.  However, any school he goes to, he will also have to compete.  He will not be playing ball next year, unless he stays, or drops down a level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Turkeydawg said:

Not true.  He is considering transferring because he thought he would walk in and steal Fromm's job in year one.  He didn't and realized that his quickest path to being a starter, might be at another school.  However, any school he goes to, he will also have to compete.  He will not be playing ball next year, unless he stays, or drops down a level.

Only way he doesn't play next year, even if it's only in a backup capacity, is if for some reason his waiver is denied -- and it probably won't be. Those things appear to be exceedingly easy to get. 

Edited by RandomFan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Only way he doesn't play next year, even if it's only in a backup capacity, is if for some reason his waiver is denied -- and it probably won't be. Those things appear to be exceedingly easy to get. 

I don't see his waiver being granted.  

95Dawg and Wardog357 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Turkeydawg said:

I don't see his waiver being granted.  

DJ Shockley was asked abut the Fields situation given what he personally went through, during a bowl game he was co-commentator on. The way DJ handled that question was awesome. He said for him, he always felt he did the right thing. He was and is still all Dawg. A class act.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Wardog357 said:

DJ Shockley was asked abut the Fields situation given what he personally went through, during a bowl game he was co-commentator on. The way DJ handled that question was awesome. He said for him, he always felt he did the right thing. He was and is still all Dawg. A class act.

I still hate the timing of DJs injury in the pros.. was set up so perfectly 

Wardog357 and Macknsweetjones like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Wardog357 said:

DJ Shockley was asked abut the Fields situation given what he personally went through, during a bowl game he was co-commentator on. The way DJ handled that question was awesome. He said for him, he always felt he did the right thing. He was and is still all Dawg. A class act.

He also made it very clear that he strongly considered transferring during his time at UGA.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/28/2018 at 0:50 AM, Yo_Lover said:

He's not a villian. Just not as good as some here wanna think he is.

How good would Fromm be if Eason was not injured last year?  Without meaningful snaps they are all just prospects.  We don’t know how good Fields is...but I suspect after a year getting #1 reps in practice & games he will be the best player in the country. 

frankly88 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

How good would Fromm be if Eason was not injured last year?  Without meaningful snaps they are all just prospects.  We don’t know how good Fields is...but I suspect after a year getting #1 reps in practice & games he will be the best player in the country. 

At best he will be an over hyped college QB and fail in the NFL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

At best he will be an over hyped college QB and fail in the NFL.

This is amongst the most ignorant things I’ve ever read.  You sound like Swift when he talked about Matt Ryan. 

I know you’re upset he is leaving.  I am as well...but I understand his reasoning.  If Fromm were a senior next year, Fields would stay.  He’s making a business decision...but all year you screamed at Kirby/Chaney for not letting Fields get consistent, meaningful snaps.  Even the day of the SECCG you said it.  What’s changed?

Edited by Falconsin2012
Macknsweetjones likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0