Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wartownfalcon

Justin Fields to transfer

1,728 posts in this topic

45 minutes ago, mqg96 said:

I am so F**KIN disgusted right now. F**K man. Georgia football and all of Georgia sports in general can't EVER have anything nice happen for us! In 2019 we are now ONE QB injury away from having a season like the Falcons have had this year. Real talk. Losing Justin Fields and Mel Tucker at the same dam time is bad timing and it's going to hurt our recruiting badly. I think the reason Fields is transferring is because Kirby/Chaney couldn't use him right. Kept using him for hand offs only instead of making him the dual threat QB you recruiting him for. That was disrespectful. Tua could have transferred when Hurts started. Hurts could have transferred when Tua started, but noooooo, Saban made sure both of them had good playing time throwing the ball and running ball with their legs. I don't want to hear any excuses. 2019 Georgia is gonna be another typical "9" digit year for Georgia if injuries happen. 

Maybe he should have gotten more snaps, but the bottom line is he was behind a better qb and one that is still only a true soph.  Pipe down with your "disrespectful" nonsense.  You sound like a cry baby.  

sdogg likes this

21 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Hes practicing and will play in New Orleans.

If he is bailing, I would be fine with him not getting another snap at UGA.

22 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Justin concurs with what you just said.  It too much water under this bridge now:

And that was game 2 of the season.

3 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

I agree with everything you said EXCEPT the part about taking Fromm off the field.  The question people have and I'm sure Justin is thinking it too, is Kirby had PLENTY of opportunities to play him more meaningful reps in game because of the blowouts Georgia had. I guarantee you thats what sold Justin on coming to Georgia in the first place. His thinking is that no matter what happens with Fromm, Georgia being the powerhouse team it is would provide him with plenty of reps anyway.  Didn't happen...

How many meaningful reps can you get in garbage time? He played in just about every game this season. There are very few backup QBs in the country who can say that. 

I don't know what Kirby promised Fields and I don't think anyone else here does either, but I don't know what Kirby could have done differently other then bench Fromm and give Fields the job, which would have been coaching malpractice on his part. 

Fromm is your guy and is going to be your guy as long as he's available. Either Fields is ok with that or he can move on. But I seriously doubt that calling a few more pass plays in garbage time of a blowout is going to make any difference. 

slickgadawg, datboilando and sdogg like this

3 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

If he is bailing, I would be fine with him not getting another snap at UGA.

Yeah no way he is even practicing if he is bailing, at least not on my watch. 

Turkeydawg and sdogg like this

1 minute ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

Fromm is your guy and is going to be your guy as long as he's available. Either Fields is ok with that or he can move on. But I seriously doubt that calling a few more pass plays in garbage time of a blowout is going to make any difference. 

I agree.  I think he thought he was going to be able to beat out Fromm.  When he realized that wasn't the case, he chose to move on.  

Gritzblitz 2.0 and sdogg like this

1 minute ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

How many meaningful reps can you get in garbage time? He played in just about every game this season. There are very few backup QBs in the country who can say that. 

I don't know what Kirby promised Fields and I don't think anyone else here does either, but I don't know what Kirby could have done differently other then bench Fromm and give Fields the job, which would have been coaching malpractice on his part. 

I agree 100%. We also had both Eason and Fromm when he committed. I honestly don’t know what Fields was expecting? Why come here to begin with if your looking to become the starter from the get go. There are tons of teams needing starters that he wouldn’t have to even compete with to win the job.

Turkeydawg and sdogg like this

4 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

I agree.  I think he thought he was going to be able to beat out Fromm.  When he realized that wasn't the case, he chose to move on.  

And there's nothing wrong with that. He heard for a year he's the best qb in the country but he came in and wasn't able to win the job. I don't blame him for not wanting to sit for 3 years either. If he's leaving I don't think he has the right to play in the bowl. It sucks for Georgia tho. And knowing how the NCAA loves to stick it to UGA any chance they get I wouldn't be surprised if they let him play next year even if that's bogus. 

16 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

I agree with everything you said EXCEPT the part about taking Fromm off the field.  The question people have and I'm sure Justin is thinking it too, is Kirby had PLENTY of opportunities to play him more meaningful reps in game because of the blowouts Georgia had. I guarantee you thats what sold Justin on coming to Georgia in the first place. His thinking is that no matter what happens with Fromm, Georgia being the powerhouse team it is would provide him with plenty of reps anyway.  Didn't happen.  I wouldn't have took that risk. I would've looked at Eason transferring from Georgia and went to a program where I was guaranteed to step into the position...

the fact that downing got one snap this year was a disservice to Fields.  We have talked about this the entire year we had plenty of time early in the season to give fields snaps to run the offense and instead of doing that we quit playing games in the 3rd quarter.  this staff did a poor job of handling the situation.  also instead of giving fields a whole drive a game at the very least to run the offense we ran him in for a player or 2 to hand off and that's it.  that is going to only upset fields and his family when they have lost opportunity time and time again where he can run the offense and grow.  anyone who thought fields was going to beat out fromm year 1 was being delusional.  fields was not ready, but he deserved a lot more playing time running the offense and that is where the staff failed.   

1 minute ago, UAB_DAWG said:

And there's nothing wrong with that. He heard for a year he's the best qb in the country but he came in and wasn't able to win the job. I don't blame him for not wanting to sit for 3 years either. If he's leaving I don't think he has the right to play in the bowl. It sucks for Georgia tho. And knowing how the NCAA loves to stick it to UGA any chance they get I wouldn't be surprised if they let him play next year even if that's bogus. 

I don't have an issue with the fact that he is leaving, just the timing of it.  I'm sorry, but that's pure crap.  

I don't think he should get to play next year, nor do I think the NCAA will allow it.  If they do, it will be true free agency.

UAB_DAWG and sdogg like this

3 minutes ago, UAB_DAWG said:

nothing wrong with expecting to compete, but to win the job he and his family were delusional in thinking that.  there are so many reasons he had no shot to win the job and the primary was he wasn't close to being ready, but our staff did a poor job helping him get ready by how he handled playing time for his this season.  fields is going to have to sit out where ever he goes on the FBS level.  the rules still do apply to him. 

Just now, SacFalcFan said:

fields was not ready, but he deserved a lot more playing time running the offense and that is where the staff failed.   

He deserved more time, but as a true freshman, if you can't handle the fact that you didn't get more snaps, then you have a lot of growing up to do.  The fact that he was so bitter after the 2nd game says a lot to me.

datboilando and sdogg like this

15 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

Which again shows how great a recruiter Kirby is.  He told Justin SOMETHING...:lol:   Look. Your points are valid and correct, which again makes me wonder why Justin signed in the first place.  I didn't think it was a good move for him even though I was glad he did.  Kirby is a FABULOUS recruiter...:lol:

Just now, slickgadawg said:

Which again shows how great a recruiter Kirby is.  He told Justin SOMETHING...:lol:   Look. Your points are valid and correct, which again makes me wonder why Justin signed in the first place.  I didn't think it was a good move for him even though I was glad he did.  Kirby is a FABULOUS recruiter...:lol:

Kirby is an excellent recruiter and high school kids don't often make sound decisions based on logic. 

4 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

the fact that downing got one snap this year was a disservice to Fields.  We have talked about this the entire year we had plenty of time early in the season to give fields snaps to run the offense and instead of doing that we quit playing games in the 3rd quarter.  this staff did a poor job of handling the situation.  also instead of giving fields a whole drive a game at the very least to run the offense we ran him in for a player or 2 to hand off and that's it.  that is going to only upset fields and his family when they have lost opportunity time and time again where he can run the offense and grow.  anyone who thought fields was going to beat out fromm year 1 was being delusional.  fields was not ready, but he deserved a lot more playing time running the offense and that is where the staff failed.   

I agree with everything you said.  Again, that fake punt in my opinion just sealed the deal.  It made Justin look and feel like a chump. Everybody in the stadium, i mean EVERYBODY knew Justin was gonna get that ball in that situation.  Made him look bad even though everybody knew it was Kirby's decision.  That play in itself was just a PART of the mishandling you referenced above that made Justin and his family decide to bounce...

Just now, Turkeydawg said:

He deserved more time, but as a true freshman, if you can't handle the fact that you didn't get more snaps, then you have a lot of growing up to do.  The fact that he was so bitter after the 2nd game says a lot to me.

he was one of the best qb prospects last season and he is seeing trevor lawrence get the job early while the starter was kicked to the curb.  i can see fields believing the same thing would happen with him as well and it didn't.  it doesn't help the situation with a very active father involved in the process who has been too vocal publicly on stuff as well.  i don't disagree he has a lot of growing up to do at his age, but if I am fields and I was told I would have a chance to compete and when we have blowouts downing is getting snaps in the 4th quarter i am asking "why the heck am i not in there getting snaps running out offense so I can grow and learn??".   true freshman or not, fields has no business being on the sidelines when downing was taking snaps to hand off.. 

1 minute ago, SacFalcFan said:

he was one of the best qb prospects last season and he is seeing trevor lawrence get the job early while the starter was kicked to the curb.  i can see fields believing the same thing would happen with him as well and it didn't.  it doesn't help the situation with a very active father involved in the process who has been too vocal publicly on stuff as well.  i don't disagree he has a lot of growing up to do at his age, but if I am fields and I was told I would have a chance to compete and when we have blowouts downing is getting snaps in the 4th quarter i am asking "why the heck am i not in there getting snaps running out offense so I can grow and learn??".   true freshman or not, fields has no business being on the sidelines when downing was taking snaps to hand off.. 

Again, if his attitude has already soured by game 2, I don't think anything outside of him being named the starter would have kept him in Athens.

slickgadawg and Gritzblitz 2.0 like this

1 minute ago, SacFalcFan said:

Again, spot on post...

9 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

I don't have an issue with the fact that he is leaving, just the timing of it.  I'm sorry, but that's pure crap.  

I don't think he should get to play next year, nor do I think the NCAA will allow it.  If they do, it will be true free agency.

They would be fools to allow it, especially if it's based off of 1 idiotic baseball players, idiotic comment. That player was immediately dealt with. If the NCAA let's him play, it will open up Pandora's box and college football will suffer in the long run. 

95Dawg and SacFalcFan like this

1 minute ago, Turkeydawg said:

Again, if his attitude has already soured by game 2, I don't think anything outside of him being named the starter would have kept him in Athens.

you very well could be correct on that, but we don't truly know because he was misused for most of the year and that includes game 1.  i remember in game 1 kirby worked with the other staff to make it a 10 minute 4th quarter just to get out of dodge.  he threw 8 times in game 1 and just 1 time against south carolina in what was another blowout.. maybe giving him drives to learn and grow in those first 2 games would have changed his view of things.. we won't know because misusing fields started early in the season. 

3 minutes ago, sdogg said:

They would be fools to allow it, especially if it's based off of 1 idiotic baseball players, idiotic comment. That player was immediately dealt with. If the NCAA let's him play, it will open up Pandora's box and college football will suffer in the long run. 

there is no grounds at all for letting him play right away.. if the ncaa allows that nonsense then they should get rid of all their rules.  the rules will apply to fields which it seems him and his family don't believe.  

4 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

And perhaps that souring attitude, so early in the season, turned Kirby off on giving him "meaningful snaps". Being sour like that, shows immaturity and a lack of leadership. You can't say that about Fromm. 

Turkeydawg likes this

Honestly yeah Kirby did mess this up by going by "the plan is there is no plan". It would have been better for all parties if from the first place, they decided to have it be just Fromm in non blowouts, let Fields run a balanced offense until late in games, and only go grunt and punt with 5 minutes left. But given things, he didn't want another QB change this year and a lot of coverage over it. Considering the racist former student athlete thing we've seen though, if that actually is taken to the NCAA, he might have walked himself into even bigger coverage than he wanted (and if the NCAA actually APPROVES it, they've flung open the door to a big mess).

Unless Fields was joking though at the end of the SC game, it was clear he was unhappy then. He might've been joking.

sdogg likes this