Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wartownfalcon

Justin Fields to transfer

1,674 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Not really...Are the 247 rankings biased?  Justin Fields is the highest rated recruit ever signed by the University of Georgia.  Fields dominated Elite 11.  Was that biased?  Did Nick Saban land his helicopter at Harrison on football field because I am biased?   Trent Dilfer said he was best QB prospect he has seen.

There are plenty of markers that would be considered objective for ya.

Are 247 rankings biased? Hmm ever heard of a bama bump?

fields dominated elite 11.. ok.. Fromm dominated the QB position for us.. 

did Nick Saban land his helicopter on the football field? Is this a joke? First off, I doubt it.. he didn’t fly it.. secondly, what does that matter?

Dilfer’s word matters now because? Fits an agenda? Funny he once compared Fromm to brees.. 

Come on man.. 

Edited by TheTrue7

12 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Not really...Are the 247 rankings biased?  Justin Fields is the highest rated recruit ever signed by the University of Georgia.  Fields dominated Elite 11.  Was that biased?  Did Nick Saban land his helicopter at Harrison on football field because I am biased?   Trent Dilfer said he was best QB prospect he has seen.

There are plenty of markers that would be considered objective for ya.

So you're telling me none of those people have ever been wrong on a prospect?

12 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Ever heard of Malik Henry? 

1 hour ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

I thought a coach could limit where a soldier was allowed to transfer? Like no sec teams or rivals ect...? Did I make that up in my mind? 

They could do that forever. The rules were just changed a year or two ago, not sure exactly when right now. Now players can go anywhere they want, as long as the school can/will put them on scholarship of course. 

Van Jefferson transferred from Ole Miss to Florida last year and played immediately. 

1 hour ago, Yo_Lover said:

No not saying that -  but the point is still the same - these are all supposed to be objective people and publications believing Fields is a historically top prospect (247).

When Dan Mullen got the Florida job, his first move was to get a visit with Fields - just like there are different levels of 4-star prospects, there are different levels of 5-stars.

I know I cannot convince you but Fields - when he’s a starter - he will prove it to you.

58 minutes ago, Carter said:

They could do that forever. The rules were just changed a year or two ago, not sure exactly when right now. Now players can go anywhere they want, as long as the school can/will put them on scholarship of course. 

Van Jefferson transferred from Ole Miss to Florida last year and played immediately. 

Don't think that's correct, or Eason wouldn't have redshirted. 

Regarding Van Jefferson, I found this -

The league approved a measure co-sponsored by Florida and Texas A&M at its spring meetings in Destin, Fla., that will make it possible for transfers from SEC schools under a posteason ban to be immediately eligible if they go to a new school in the conference.

1 hour ago, Carter said:

Van jefferson was cleared because he was at ole miss and they were dealing with bowl bans.  All ole miss players who transferred did not have to sit out.  I know what you are saying about transferring anywhere but he will have to sit out.  Also sounds like his qb coach friend has been involved which is why ohio state is the destination for fields.  

59 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

No not saying that -  but the point is still the same - these are all supposed to be objective people and publications believing Fields is a historically top prospect (247).

When Dan Mullen got the Florida job, his first move was to get a visit with Fields - just like there are different levels of 4-star prospects, there are different levels of 5-stars.

I know I cannot convince you but Fields - when he’s a starter - he will prove it to you.

Holy **** man. Nobody is saying he is going to flop. If you'd get off your knees and come up for a breath for a minute you'd realize that. 

38 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

Don't think that's correct, or Eason wouldn't have redshirted. 

Players can transfer anywhere at all that they want.

Jefferson had special circumstances allowing him to play immediately. Eason didn’t. Fields doesn’t either.

Fields will sit out a year if he transfers to Ohio State and then have to battle a former Gatorade national player of the year QB that will have 3 years in the system at that time. He might get a year or two at most to start there and it won’t get him ready for the NFL so idk what he’s thinking.

36 minutes ago, UAB_DAWG said:

Holy **** man. Nobody is saying he is going to flop. If you'd get off your knees and come up for a breath for a minute you'd realize that. 

**** you

16 minutes ago, Carter said:

Jefferson had special circumstances allowing him to play immediately. Eason didn’t. Fields doesn’t either.

Fields will sit out a year if he transfers to Ohio State and then have to battle a former Gatorade national player of the year QB that will have 3 years in the system at that time. He might get a year or two at most to start there and it won’t get him ready for the NFL so idk what he’s thinking.

I think he beats out Tate Martell

g-dawg likes this

8 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

no one said he would.. someone just asked what happened to christian lemay and so we answered.   i don't disagree with you I don't believe justin will transfer to a lower tier school and not play much..  he will transfer to an upper tier school and who knows what happens.. 

Honestly I hope that he doesn't pull a Murry or Mayfield think that would crush a lot of people here, and it wouldn't do Kirby many favors either. Regardless I just hope next go round he learned a hard lesson on this one that's my main hope right now.

1 hour ago, Carter said:

They obviously think that they can get the waiver approved and I think the chance is better than zero. But the NCAA is playing a dangerous game there, if they approve it, you pretty much have college football free agency, from here on and if not they're going to take a lot of crap.

Ohio State might not make sense but if what a guy on 247 is saying is true he has a handler (his QB coach) that has been pushing him to leave weeks before it came out and he has strong Ohio State connections. IF that is true, the only way he wasn't gone was if Kirby started him, he performed well, and it stuck, that was it. So I think it's time for anyone mad to just breath about this.

I'm not going to sit here and deny Fields' talent, but he's been fed bad info and I'll also go on record and say if his waiver is denied and Martell plays well next year, he might well be working on transferring again next December. There's actually another QB for both to watch out for there too. 

Edited by VoiceofReason95

3 hours ago, youngbloodz said:

I think he beats out Tate Martell

He may. I don’t think he’s particularly close to reading defenses at the college level yet. Really elite arm talent though. If he doesn’t then I’ll watch how he handles it.

The way Justin has handled his one year in Athens and his exit won’t leave him with many fans in this state. I wish him well whether he leaves or stays. I’m pretty much over it though. He very obviously pushed Haselwood away from us and that’s not cool but whatever. Still I do hope he stays... but if he doesn’t want to be here then it is what it is.

3 hours ago, VoiceofReason95 said:

They obviously think that they can get the waiver approved and I think the chance is better than zero. But the NCAA is playing a dangerous game there, if they approve it, you pretty much have college football free agency, from here on and if not they're going to take a lot of crap.

Ohio State might not make sense but if what a guy on 247 is saying is true he has a handler (his QB coach) that has been pushing him to leave weeks before it came out and he has strong Ohio State connections. IF that is true, the only way he wasn't gone was if Kirby started him, he performed well, and it stuck, that was it. So I think it's time for anyone mad to just breath about this.

I'm not going to sit here and deny Fields' talent, but he's been fed bad info and I'll also go on record and say if his waiver is denied and Martell plays well next year, he might well be working on transferring again next December. There's actually another QB for both to watch out for there too. 

Fields using the racial slur to apply for immediate eligibility is a nonstarter. His waiver will be dead on arrival. Beyond that, the NCAA will also be aware of setting a standard that getting your feelings hurt means you can play somewhere else immediately. So it’s not happening.

Ohio State is probably one of the worst options for him, especially if he wants to get to the NFL. They have an abysmal track record with NFL QBs and two QBs in his class year at this point. I honestly don’t think he has a better path to the NFL than staying right where he is and learning everything he can from Fromm.

m2Falcons and mike teevee like this

8 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Yeah don't use Dan Mullen. He had a QB in the bag and his first move was to go for Fields after he had committed here and then he lost his QB. He's a dumb***.

Porter Osborne Jr likes this

5 hours ago, Carter said:

He may. I don’t think he’s particularly close to reading defenses at the college level yet. Really elite arm talent though. If he doesn’t then I’ll watch how he handles it.

The way Justin has handled his one year in Athens and his exit won’t leave him with many fans in this state. I wish him well whether he leaves or stays. I’m pretty much over it though. He very obviously pushed Haselwood away from us and that’s not cool but whatever. Still I do hope he stays... but if he doesn’t want to be here then it is what it is.

One thing about Ohio State is they can develop some QBs. I really believe Ryan Day is about to like Lincoln Riley. He is really good. Now will he make the NFL? Who knows 

4 hours ago, Carter said:

Fields using the racial slur to apply for immediate eligibility is a nonstarter. His waiver will be dead on arrival. Beyond that, the NCAA will also be aware of setting a standard that getting your feelings hurt means you can play somewhere else immediately. So it’s not happening.

Ohio State is probably one of the worst options for him, especially if he wants to get to the NFL. They have an abysmal track record with NFL QBs and two QBs in his class year at this point. I honestly don’t think he has a better path to the NFL than staying right where he is and learning everything he can from Fromm.

Oh Carter I disagree about Ohio State brother. They can flat out get the QBs to the NFL. Now as far as getting them ready for it that has a lot to do with the player. If you don't have the traits to be an NFL QB you wont be. Doesn't matter if you go to Ohio State,UGA,Georgia Southern. The traits has to be there. 

g-dawg and Carter like this

I would’ve never thought cam would be anything but garbage in the pros and he came from barn, if fields transfers to osu if he can play he’ll be fine, just needs see the field, honestly think he’d be smarter to transfer somewhere a little less big time, I know that’s impossible for the chosen one to have humility but ark, ol miss, nc state somewhere lil less spotlight but better shot at immediate playing time where he can still be seen would be smart, given u can’t eeally make a 2nd mistake or he could in fact be doomed... doubtful but just saying- 

putnam6 likes this

1 hour ago, youngbloodz said:

Oh Carter I disagree about Ohio State brother. They can flat out get the QBs to the NFL. Now as far as getting them ready for it that has a lot to do with the player. If you don't have the traits to be an NFL QB you wont be. Doesn't matter if you go to Ohio State,UGA,Georgia Southern. The traits has to be there. 

OSU can take athletic QBs with talent and turn them into Heisman winners that get drafted. That's not the same as preparing them for the NFL. 

5 hours ago, Carter said:

I know the situation isn't identical but I think Hurts realized he couldn't go anywhere to develop into a better qb than at Alabama learning from Enos and watching Tua.

Carter and jtcrews75 like this

3 minutes ago, UAB_DAWG said:

OSU can take athletic QBs with talent and turn them into Heisman winners that get drafted. That's not the same as preparing them for the NFL. 

Like I said it's traits. No college football program can turn someone into an NFL QB. Patrick Mahomes started at Texas Tech. What other QB is starting at QB that played at Texas Tech? Got to have the traits

Carter and Billy Ocean like this