Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wartownfalcon

Justin Fields to transfer

1,728 posts in this topic

43 minutes ago, UAB_DAWG said:

Whatever happened to Christian Lemay?

Good lord haven't heard that name in awhile didn't he end up on a Big Ten team or just up north in general?

Transferred to Jacksonville State

Christian is a professional football player for the Carolina Energy and the owner of Arrow Quarterback Training. He is a native of Charlotte, North Carolina and recently came back home for an opportunity to play arena football.

11 minutes ago, Zone#7 said:

Good lord haven't heard that name in awhile didn't he end up on a Big Ten team or just up north in general?

he was at UGA for 3 years and then transferred to jacksonville state and he didn't do much of anything there. 

I would like to know the success rate of all QBs that transferred during college  

After transferring what percentage became the starter for at least 1 year after transferring?

Also, what percentage of NFL QBs had transferred during college. I know of some examples but out of all of them what percentage?

my hypothesis without data and going off the cuff would be that if they made the wrong choice for college for them the first time that the majority would not have done better elsewhere. Some may be explained by talent but also about how colleges recruit QBs and the opportunity or lack thereof elsewhere where there’s QBs already in place with experience or more experience. 

Be cool to see the data but I don’t have time to dig deep. 

Yeah, it's almost like some people in this thread don't understand statistics and/or their purpose. As if pointing out factual statistical trends could somehow be construed as a negative attack job. 

And also that they don't read the whole article, or don't understand what they did read, but still feel justified in commenting. 

jeffro2000 and 95Dawg like this

45 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

he was at UGA for 3 years and then transferred to jacksonville state and he didn't do much of anything there. 

Yeah, but that is a name haven't heard in a long time, but I doubt Fields ends up like that.

17 minutes ago, Zone#7 said:

Yeah, but that is a name haven't heard in a long time, but I doubt Fields ends up like that.

no one said he would.. someone just asked what happened to christian lemay and so we answered.   i don't disagree with you I don't believe justin will transfer to a lower tier school and not play much..  he will transfer to an upper tier school and who knows what happens.. 

I hope he goes to FSU if he ends up being as good as many think- like anyone in the acc to shut up CLEMSON but still will say fields can’t hold Lawrence’s jock .  He’d be good in a urban Meyer type offense or even at Arkansas- prob be day one starter there. 

1 hour ago, Zone#7 said:

Wasn't saying Fields would end up that way but all this talk of highly rated QBs and how they turned out got me thinking about him. Lemay was supposed to be the second coming when he signed. 

7 minutes ago, UAB_DAWG said:

Wasn't saying Fields would end up that way but all this talk of highly rated QBs and how they turned out got me thinking about him. Lemay was supposed to be the second coming when he signed. 

Your post just got lost in a lot of people speaking about all the 5 star transfers. I'm not saying you said he'd end up that way. That's just myself saying I'd doubt he end up like Lemay or others.

1 hour ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

Would assume Kirby will limit at minimum sec east teams as no no

Kirby can’t do anything to limit where he goes. 

On 12/23/2018 at 1:42 PM, youngbloodz said:

@Carter @SacFalcFan have you guys heard about Cameron Rising and Casey Thompson both talking about transferring from Texas? This new redshirt rule is about to make college football a lot more interesting in the offseason 

I don’t know anything about those guys really. Gonna be a lot more transfers now though since coaches can’t squat on a player’s request anymore and limit their choices.

youngbloodz likes this

11 minutes ago, Carter said:

I don’t know anything about those guys really. Gonna be a lot more transfers now though since coaches can’t squat on a player’s request anymore and limit their choices.

Both were on Miami's radar that's how I know a little about them. I think that's fair to be honest. Dont limit where someone wants to go. Love it actually 

3 hours ago, RandomFan said:

Yeah, it's almost like some people in this thread don't understand statistics and/or their purpose. As if pointing out factual statistical trends could somehow be construed as a negative attack job. 

And also that they don't read the whole article, or don't understand what they did read, but still feel justified in commenting. 

Here is something for you to read 

all-time recruits this century.

https://247sports.com/Sport/Football/AllTimeRecruitRankings/

1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

Here is something for you to read 

all-time recruits this century.

https://247sports.com/Sport/Football/AllTimeRecruitRankings/

So to answer the guys argument that QB rankings have proven to not be very accurate, you seem to think referring to that flawed ranking systems results means something in your favor? 

tenor.gif?itemid=6426865

Porter Osborne Jr likes this

3 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

So to answer the guys argument that QB rankings have proven to not be very accurate, you seem to think referring to that flawed ranking systems results means something in your favor? 

tenor.gif?itemid=6426865

Justin Fields will be great and clearly putting an article in Justin Fields transfer thread is to discussing overrated QBs was done so as a back handed shot at Fields.   He’s not overrated - this article could be placed elsewhere if you want to talk in general.

Merry Christmas 

Interesting that using that rankings he is tied with Brock Berlin who also was a top QB who transferred. Hope Fields does much better than Brock did 

Brock Sterling Berlin (born July 4, 1981) is an American former college and professional football player who was a quarterback in the National Football League (NFL). He played college football for the University of Florida and the University of Miami. Berlin was signed by the Miami Dolphins of the NFL as an undrafted free agent in 2005, and has also been a member of the Dallas CowboysSt. Louis Rams, and Detroit Lions.

Brock Berlin
No. 3, 13
Position: Quarterback
Personal information
Born: July 4, 1981 (age 37)
Shreveport, Louisiana
Height: 6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)
Weight: 215 lb (98 kg)
Career information
High school: Evangel Christian Academy
(Shreveport, Louisiana)
College: Miami (FL)
Undrafted: 2005
Career history
 * Offseason and/or practice squad member only
Career highlights and awards
Career NFL statistics
TDINT ratio: 0–1
Passing yards: 159
Passer rating: 58.4
RandomFan likes this

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

Justin Fields will be great and clearly putting an article in Justin Fields transfer thread is to discussing overrated QBs was done so as a back handed shot at Fields.   He’s not overrated - this article could be placed elsewhere if you want to talk in general.

Merry Christmas 

It was put in the Justin Fields transfer thread because I came across it, it was interesting, and it was pertinent to the discussion at hand. If you could stop tripping over your love affair with Fields for one minute perhaps you might be able to see not everything that is a critical examination is a negative bashing. 

Happy Holidays.

Edited by RandomFan
TheTrue7 and Porter Osborne Jr like this

2 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Merry Christmas 

Your bias is showing

I thought a coach could limit where a soldier was allowed to transfer? Like no sec teams or rivals ect...? Did I make that up in my mind? 

6 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Your bias is showing

Not really...Are the 247 rankings biased?  Justin Fields is the highest rated recruit ever signed by the University of Georgia.  Fields dominated Elite 11.  Was that biased?  Did Nick Saban land his helicopter at Harrison on football field because I am biased?   Trent Dilfer said he was best QB prospect he has seen.

There are plenty of markers that would be considered objective for ya.

I'm not exactly sure whats being debated here but I doubt that the excitement over Justin Fields transfer is purely about rankings.  Even the casual fan can see the physical tools that he has at his disposal.  But for a player with his (lack of) experience, playing time in college will be critical for him to develop as a QB.