Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wartownfalcon

Justin Fields to transfer

1,713 posts in this topic

Just now, Yo_Lover said:

@TheTrue7

I don't think Fields is the second coming. I just think he's better than Fromm.

But couldn’t take the job.. may have the physical abilities “may”, but leadership not so much..

think about this.. what happens if Eason doesn’t get hurt? Do you think we’re going through this same charade with Fromm being upset? Or do you think Fromm continues to put his head down and work?

Moving from the other thread.... 

Both Kirby and fields made mistakes. But I'm not sure either deserves blame. They both are justified tohave felt and behaved the way they did(if recent reports are true) 

Justin had every right to feel slighted. ****. The vast majority of us said he should feel slighted most of last season. He was not handled properly. 

Kirby also had every right to put his foot down(if he did. Looking at the UF game). He's old school. Fields should have known that going in. He's not going to tolerate a player being vocally frustrated and putting himself above the team(if fields did). 

This just feels like a bad match of personalities that was elevated by some poor decisions and poor circumstances. 

In hindset it just seems like it was a mistake from the jump. Both guys seemed to have two different visions of how things would play out and at the end of things it didn't go how either guy wanted. 

3 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

But couldn’t take the job.. may have the physical abilities “may”, but leadership not so much..

think about this.. what happens if Eason doesn’t get hurt? Do you think we’re going through this same charade with Fromm being upset? Or do you think Fromm continues to put his head down and work?

two schools of thought.  save your breath...   don't you realize that all you apparently need in today's world is to be a "new age elite talent" and everything just magically goes however you want it to.

2 minutes ago, WOR said:

Moving from the other thread.... 

Both Kirby and fields made mistakes. But I'm not sure either deserves blame. They both are justified tohave felt and behaved the way they did(if recent reports are true) 

Justin had every right to feel slighted. ****. The vast majority of us said he should feel slighted most of last season. He was not handled properly. 

Kirby also had every right to put his foot down(if he did. Looking at the UF game). He's old school. Fields should have known that going in. He's not going to tolerate a player being vocally frustrated and putting himself above the team(if fields did). 

This just feels like a bad match of personalities that was elevated by some poor decisions and poor circumstances. 

In hindset it just seems like it was a mistake from the jump. Both guys seemed to have two different visions of how things would play out and at the end of things it didn't go how either guy wanted. 

It’s fine to feel slighted.. it’s wrong to act out on it.. use it.. to fuel yourself.. to take it

Just now, TheTrue7 said:

It’s fine to feel slighted.. it’s wrong to act out on it.. use it.. to fuel yourself.. to take it

I cant go this far, because I don't think we'll ever know all the details. 

If he was blatantly lied to multiple times, treated differently, not given a fair chance against fromm, etc etc he has a point. 

We also don't know if he was a malcontent in any real way. I mean.... The team was one quarter away from the playoffs lol. He couldn't have been ******* **** up too bad. 

3 minutes ago, m2Falcons said:

two schools of thought.  save your breath...   don't you realize that all you apparently need in today's world is to be a "new age elite talent" and everything just magically goes however you want it to.

That’s the thing.. this talent isn’t new to me.. I’ve seen athletic QBs with happy feet and big arms with ok accuracy.. 

2 minutes ago, WOR said:

I cant go this far, because I don't think we'll ever know all the details. 

If he was blatantly lied to multiple times, treated differently, not given a fair chance against fromm, etc etc he has a point. 

We also don't know if he was a malcontent in any real way. I mean.... The team was one quarter away from the playoffs lol. He couldn't have been ******* **** up too bad. 

Just wreaks of a prima Donna to me.. im sure I’ll be flamed for that but oh well..

33 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

That's a good question, I'm not sure tho. We haven't seen Fromm in that situation.

49 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

@TheTrue7

I don't think Fields is the second coming. I just think he's better than Fromm.

Talent wise there could be no doubt.  People keep saying he didn’t look ready.  Guess what, that only happens with PT.  If Fields & Fromm both were starters, I bet Fields was better by the end of the year.  You can’t hudge Fields off 40 snaps.  It’s a joke

Zone#7 likes this

14 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Talent wise there could be no doubt.  People keep saying he didn’t look ready.  Guess what, that only happens with PT.  If Fields & Fromm both were starters, I bet Fields was better by the end of the year.  You can’t hudge Fields off 40 snaps.  It’s a joke

Having all the talent in the world isn't what makes one a great qb.  There have been plenty of wildly talented players, that were not as successful as far less talented ones.  You have to be able to read defenses, go through progressions, trust your pocket, know when to step up etc. etc.  Too many factors go into it and you can't just assume that a more talented player is going to result in more success, or more wins.

Just now, Turkeydawg said:

Having all the talent in the world isn't what makes one a great qb.  There have been plenty of wildly talented players, that were not as successful as far less talented ones.  You have to be able to read defenses, go through progressions, trust your pocket, know when to step up etc. etc.  Too many factors go into it and you can't just assume that a more talented player is going to result in more success, or more wins.

And how do you learn to read a defense?  

Zone#7 likes this

14 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

fields reminds me of mitch mustain.. remember when in his freshman year with arkansas he got angry because he wasn't use like he wanted to and his mom and dad got involved and he caused lockerroom division and transferred to usc for greener pastures and he never got any playing time.  Mm was the top qb in that class that included guys like matt stafford.  having talent is part of the equation.  not freaking out when you have pressure and being serious in the film room is a huge thing as well.  some guys can study film and some can't.  it will be interesting to see what happens when he goes to ohio state.. 

He’s Labron to entitled to be on a team. It’s him and his accomplishments, I’m sure he’ll be great, hopefully haselwood joins him so they can be the jadon and Justin team.... win or lose at least they’ll have good numbers 

8 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

fields reminds me of mitch mustain.. remember when in his freshman year with arkansas he got angry because he wasn't use like he wanted to and his mom and dad got involved and he caused lockerroom division and transferred to usc for greener pastures and he never got any playing time.  Mm was the top qb in that class that included guys like matt stafford.  having talent is part of the equation.  not freaking out when you have pressure and being serious in the film room is a huge thing as well.  some guys can study film and some can't.  it will be interesting to see what happens when he goes to ohio state.. 

I don't know anything about the new coach at Ohio State, but if he's an Urban guy running Urb's offense, then that's something an athletic QB like Fields should do well with. The reads are mostly simple and he will never have to turn his back to the defense.

3 hours ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

I don't know anything about the new coach at Ohio State, but if he's an Urban guy running Urb's offense, then that's something an athletic QB like Fields should do well with. The reads are mostly simple and he will never have to turn his back to the defense.

Yeah....  and just look at all the success the Ohio State QBs have in the NFL.

:tiphat:

This has ultimately proven to be an impossible situation. There is realistically no way to keep both Fromm and Fields content and manage the locker room when both guys are performing at a high level. It worked out for Bama last year because they were winning a lot in spite of Hurts and Tua was clearly the better player from all reports. Possibly the same at Clemson but I didn't follow that situation closely. 

I don't see how you can supplant a proven starter unless Fields is clearly better or unless Fromm is holding the team back. Aside from LSU that's not the case. And I've never seen an offense  that could split meaningful snaps effectively between two high level guys in a way that keeps both content. This year's Bama team is probably the closest example but Hurts wasn't exactly playing important snaps and again, he got beat.

At the same time, how do you turn down a potentially generational talent in Fields if he wants to come in and compete for the job. 

Leave it to UGA sports to create the most deep and talented qb roster in history between Fromm, Fields and Eason and end up with egg on their face. :sadwave:

14 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

@sdogg

I know he out performed Tua, for three quarters. Then he lost to Hurts. To me Fromm can't close.

I do think this has been conveniently skipped over.  As good as Fromm is, the fan base has absolved Fromm if any criticism in both losses to Bama because he had an overall good game - but he had hard time scoring in 2nd halves of both those games - two games, not one.

I will ride with Fromm next year and support and have confidence in him, but he ain’t perfect and has to close Bama out - otherwise his legacy won’t be later what it is now.

BamaBirdLady likes this

Really kind of sheoty luck for UGA that all these great high school QBs from the state of Georgia - Fromm, Lawrence & Fields(three of five best in a decade) were clumped in back-to-back classes.

Spread those guys out and you might sign all three - or at least get 6-8yrs of all star performances out of Fromm and then Fields.

Turkeydawg, sdogg and m2Falcons like this

On 12/19/2018 at 11:00 PM, blkbigdog35 said:

Kirby let it slip when talking about Mathis.  Fields is gone.

“Well, we liked his athleticism and his arm motion," Smart said of Mathis. "He's got a really strong whip, he can pop the ball and we thought a lot of him. [laughs] We didn't stay in communication with him the whole time from that period of time until finding out Justin was leaving. So there was a period of time there where there wasn't communication. But it did fire back up quickly.”