Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wartownfalcon

Justin Fields to transfer

1,649 posts in this topic

I told yall this was gonna happen but noooo. I got mocked over and over for saying it...:lol:

Kirby blew this one too.  This goes back to Kirby and how he handled  Eason also. Justin looked at that AND how he was not used and is bouncing.  

Edited by slickgadawg
Zone#7 and mqg96 like this

Carter's response after Justin didn't play in the Florida game:

On 10/27/2018 at 6:58 PM, Carter said:

Zero snaps for Justin Fields. Kirby sending a big F YOU to all the fans critical of him sticking so much to Fromm. :lol: 

Would have loved to seen Fields get in the game but I’m so happy for Fromm that he killed it today and we put a beating on those **** Gators

My response to the above:

And Justin sent a big F YOU to Kirby and the fans who thought he was dumb enough to sit on the bench for two more years ..:lol:

Edited by slickgadawg

15 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Zero snaps for Justin Fields. Kirby sending a big F YOU to all the fans critical of him sticking so much to Fromm. :lol: 

Would have loved to seen Fields get in the game but I’m so happy for Fromm that he killed it today and we put a beating on those **** Gators

And Justin sent a big F YOU to Kirby and the fans who thought he was dumb enough to sit on the bench for two more years ..:lol:

That’s nice. Let’s gloat over the situation. 

But while we’re playing this game remember that dumb*** thread you started about OSU getting into the playoffs over Oklahoma?

Yo_Lover likes this

From Twitter:

Imagine only letting one of the highest-rated recruits of the decade throw just 39 passes in a year in which you won games by 45, 28, 42, 14, 26, 28, 19, 17, 17, 39, and 24.
Edited by slickgadawg

13 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:
From Twitter:

Imagine only letting one of the highest-rated recruits of the decade throw just 39 passes in a year in which you won games by 45, 28, 42, 14, 26, 28, 19, 17, 17, 39, and 24.

So are you in favor of him leaving? 

49 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:
From Twitter:

Thanks for reminding us how well Fromm played this year. Our closest game aside from LSU was a 2 TD win. Maybe that'll settle folks down a little.

Edited by UAB_DAWG
slamee101 and sdogg like this

1 hour ago, slickgadawg said:

I told yall this was gonna happen but noooo. I got mocked over and over for saying it...:lol:

Kirby blew this one too.  This goes back to Kirby and how he handled  Eason also. Justin looked at that AND how he was not used and is bouncing.  

1 hour ago, slickgadawg said:

You wanna go back a couple weeks further, junior? To the LSU game when I talked about how he was considering a transfer and there had been talk of it even before the loss? Right around the same time Jadon Haselwood decommitted from UGA?

Yeah. You're not special bro. You're not enlightened. Neither am I for that matter. And no one mocked you over and over for saying he will transfer. You got mocked and ridiculed because you're a **** poster with the temperament of a 5 year old in game threads and a continuous flow of hot takes that are usually wrong. 

Any QB of Justin Field's caliber in his situation SHOULD look at his options. The way this situation has unfolded right now, just before signing day, with the story being leaked and a potential lawsuit to appeal an NCAA eligibility ruling that would drag UGA through the mud for a situation they handled appropriately... is something you as a UGA fan should either be mad or annoyed about, not happy and gloating because one of your 2,872 useless garbage posts gave you something to rub in people's faces.

Oh and he hasn't said he is transferring yet. In fact, his family came out and said they haven't made up their mind. So your post at this point is 1) premature and 2) pathetic.

So again, go **** yourself buddy.

Yo_Lover, sdogg, ATLBrave and 1 other like this

Fields transferring may very well happen, but like Carter just alluded to, this transfer decision is mere rumor until we hear something official...then again I can only speculate that he is at the very least considering it because if he wasn't he would quell rumors with a single tweet or text, but he hasn't 

I don't think Fields leaving is a testament to bad coaching, this is simply a product of the times with highly recruited QBs transferring...especially over the last five or so years or so. I knew as soon as we got Fields that either him or Fromm will end up leaving to get more playing time, I don't know what fans really expected. 

Then again I don't know what the **** Fields was expecting either coming here...the only thing I can think of is that he really underestimated Fromm, as did I frankly. 

sdogg and slamee101 like this

I am so F**KIN disgusted right now. F**K man. Georgia football and all of Georgia sports in general can't EVER have anything nice happen for us! In 2019 we are now ONE QB injury away from having a season like the Falcons have had this year. Real talk. Losing Justin Fields and Mel Tucker at the same dam time is bad timing and it's going to hurt our recruiting badly. I think the reason Fields is transferring is because Kirby/Chaney couldn't use him right. Kept using him for hand offs only instead of making him the dual threat QB you recruiting him for. That was disrespectful. Tua could have transferred when Hurts started. Hurts could have transferred when Tua started, but noooooo, Saban made sure both of them had good playing time throwing the ball and running ball with their legs. I don't want to hear any excuses. 2019 Georgia is gonna be another typical "9" digit year for Georgia if injuries happen. 

ESPN is calling it an exploration by Fields. Hes considering FSU, Ohio State and Oklahoma. He is expected to play in the Sugar Bowl and could very well stay. 

2 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

ESPN is calling it an exploration by Fields. Hes considering FSU, Ohio State and Oklahoma. He is expected to play in the Sugar Bowl and could very well stay. 

Nope. There's too much news for him to not transfer next season. 

slamee101 likes this

25 minutes ago, mqg96 said:

I am so F**KIN disgusted right now. F**K man. Georgia football and all of Georgia sports in general can't EVER have anything nice happen for us! In 2019 we are now ONE QB injury away from having a season like the Falcons have had this year. Real talk. Losing Justin Fields and Mel Tucker at the same dam time is bad timing and it's going to hurt our recruiting badly. I think the reason Fields is transferring is because Kirby/Chaney couldn't use him right. Kept using him for hand offs only instead of making him the dual threat QB you recruiting him for. That was disrespectful. Tua could have transferred when Hurts started. Hurts could have transferred when Tua started, but noooooo, Saban made sure both of them had good playing time throwing the ball and running ball with their legs. I don't want to hear any excuses. 2019 Georgia is gonna be another typical "9" digit year for Georgia if injuries happen. 

Justin concurs with what you just said.  It too much water under this bridge now:

13 minutes ago, mqg96 said:

Well, either way hes there now. Hes practicing and will play in New Orleans.

22 minutes ago, mqg96 said:

Might be too much water under that bridge now.  That leaked video showing his frustration after the South Carolina game. His comments after the SEC Championship. If he stays it will be a distraction for both he and the program.  I think the hold up is his family is making phone calls and deciding on WHICH offer they wanna accept. 

Look, like Eason, these 5 stars go into programs MOSTLY with NFL aspirations.  They are not sitting on the bench like that.  I thought it was strange when Justin committed in the first place to Georgia because he should have known that Kirby was sticking with Fromm.  I knew Kirby was sticking with Fromm but what has shocked most people in the media and scouts is the fact that Kirby had PLENTY of opportunities to at least get him MEANINGFUL reps in games but didn't do it.  That fake punt sealed the deal. Made Justin look and feel like a chump...

Edited by slickgadawg

Did ya'll really think Fields was going to be happy playing in garbage time and waiting until he's a senior to start? Because unless Fromm gets injured, that's exactly what was happening. 

I don't care what kind of plays you're calling for him, he wants to get to the next level and it's going to be hard for him to do that playing behind Fromm. So I don't blame him if he wants to leave, and I don't blame Kirby. Kirby's job is to win football games and he has one of the best QBs in the country starting for him already. Exactly how much is he supposed to take his starter off the field in order to keep his backup happy?

And this is completely different from the Hurts/Tua situation at Bama. Hurts was the starter for two seasons before Tua took his job. 

sdogg and mqg96 like this

9 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

Did ya'll really think Fields was going to be happy playing in garbage time and waiting until he's a senior to start? Because unless Fromm gets injured, that's exactly what was happening. 

I don't care what kind of plays you're calling for him, he wants to get to the next level and it's going to be hard for him to do that playing behind Fromm. So I don't blame him if he wants to leave, and I don't blame Kirby. Kirby's job is to win football games and he has one of the best QBs in the country starting for him already. Exactly how much is he supposed to take his starter off the field in order to keep his backup happy?

And this is completely different from the Hurts/Tua situation at Bama. Hurts was the starter for two seasons before Tua took his job. 

I agree with everything you said EXCEPT the part about taking Fromm off the field.  The question people have and I'm sure Justin is thinking it too, is Kirby had PLENTY of opportunities to play him more meaningful reps in game because of the blowouts Georgia had. I guarantee you thats what sold Justin on coming to Georgia in the first place. His thinking is that no matter what happens with Fromm, Georgia being the powerhouse team it is would provide him with plenty of reps anyway.  Didn't happen.  I wouldn't have took that risk. I would've looked at Eason transferring from Georgia and went to a program where I was guaranteed to step into the position...

Edited by slickgadawg