Cheap Talk

Sambrailo nailing down RT?

94 posts in this topic

No one is giving Sambrailo his due, but he has given Ryan time in the pocket the last two games that has been missing all season. The two sacks that were given-up from the right side in the Green Bay and Arizona games were not his fault, and his PFF rating reflects that. 

He has shown the athleticism that made him a 2nd-round selection. Everyone wants to remember the multi-sack game by Beasley against him, but he is turning 27-years old and could be maturing into the Falcon's answer at RT. If so,that would save them a high draft pick or from signing an expensive free-agent next off-season. That is no small find here at the end of an almost worthless season.

2 minutes ago, atljbo said:

I was just about to ask this....

Should we just bring back Ryan Schraeder..... Should we release him and let Ty and Gono compete for the job

I think we have our man, and will save over $6M in cap space by allowing the Falcons to let Schraeder go as a June 1st cut.

Still need to draft an OG/OC in the 2nd or 3rd round. 

PokerSteve and atljbo like this

1 minute ago, Dirtybird56 said:

Hooper blocked him from getting any more depth in his set 

I'll take your word for it, but I didn't see that.  What I remember is it was like his feet were in concrete and just didn't move.  Where was Hooper lined up at?  Why would he be blocking the tackle?  

12 minutes ago, Cheap Talk said:

I think we have our man, and will save over $6M in cap space by allowing the Falcons to let Schraeder go as a June 1st cut.

Still need to draft an OG/OC in the 2nd or 3rd round. 

Biggest needs are OG/OC. This line crumbles like a wet cookie.

Cheap Talk and Jerz #DukeSZN like this

Honestly, I had this thought mid way through the game yesterday. I just didn't recall seeing Sambrailo, which is usually a good thing for OL. I didn't pay attention to how well he was playing, but he hasn't been an issue lately. Coming out, he was an ideal fit for a ZBS OL. I wish they would give him some snaps at RG, because I think he could solve our problems there. But if he's not tanking at RT, why not just roll with it. 

42 minutes ago, atljbo said:

I was just about to ask this....

Should we just bring back Ryan Schraeder..... Should we release him and let Ty and Gono compete for the job

Might end up making the most sense financially and from a player standpoint by season’s end. Ty is younger.

Cheap Talk and atljbo like this

7 minutes ago, Lornoth said:

He's good enough if we have a great guard next to him. But he's not good.

Then again, that describes Schraeder too.

This. 

Stabilize the OGs, that improves Mack and Jake is a rock now. Most OL have 4 out of 5 as really good and the 5th is usually helped. If Ty is that 5th, I don't think we're in bad shape. 

Ergo Proxy likes this

23 minutes ago, vel said:

Also, people need to accept that majority of the OL coming into the NFL will need years of seasoning before they're ready. Sambrailo has been getting that. Yes, it's looked rough on the job at times, but he's only 27. 

I don't know about "years" of seasoning, but I can agree with a year. I'm seeing some of the guys drafted last year in round 2 and 3 starting to show some real improvement since week 1.

32 minutes ago, celtiksage said:

I don't know about "years" of seasoning, but I can agree with a year. I'm seeing some of the guys drafted last year in round 2 and 3 starting to show some real improvement since week 1.

It looks like rounds 1&2 this year will have DT/DEs as BPA, which is unfortunate for the OL.

Honestly have not seen the front office draft any quality OL past the first round, even Baker was a reach. Matthews just happened to be a slam dunk. Not sure how we are going to get our OGs, since do not trust this staff drafting late, to find a diamond-in-the-ruff. Also, top tier OL do not usually hit free-agency, and there are no in-house solutions past an iffy Schweitzer. 

39 minutes ago, celtiksage said:

Ty was drafted in 2015. That's years. His play this year is miles better than how he looked when Beasley abused him in 2016. 

Cheap Talk and ChickenBiscuit like this

1 hour ago, Road Warrior said:

I'll take your word for it, but I didn't see that.  What I remember is it was like his feet were in concrete and just didn't move.  Where was Hooper lined up at?  Why would he be blocking the tackle?  

Hooper was lined up right outside of him.  Created a pick for Sambrailo as he had to go around Hooper(who didn't do much of a block) and didn't get there in time.

Atl Falcon and Cheap Talk like this

1 hour ago, jfalconsp said:

What did everyone think of Beadles out there yesterday at guard?

My 13-year old son said that Beadles sucked yesterday... lol

At one point, he was screaming... What the heck is 69 doing?  He's garbage..

Haha... my 13-year old has been playing football here in Austin since age 4.  Majority at QB.  He knows the value of a good lineman

jfalconsp, PokerSteve and Osiruz like this

It sure would be nice to nail down RT before heading into the offseason. Getting 2 OG is a lot easier than getting 2 OG and a RT.

I'd still like them to activate Gono to see if we have something in him.

Ergo Proxy and Cheap Talk like this