Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jl01102jl

Team tank RISE UP.

53 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, jl01102jl said:

I dont understand this end on a high note bullcrap. The whole squad is bummed and pissed about this season and finishing 7-9 is not going to help their morale when they know they have potential for deep playoff runs. 

Personally I think we need to lose out, trade the pick away to offset the depth we lost chasing Julio, and Mabey even trade Julio since its the worlds worst secret that after 8 years in Atlanta, Matt has hit him in stride on a go route MABEY 5 times.

You DO know that the Falcons have had draft picks every year since signing Julio don't you? :lol:

11 hours ago, FalconinPA said:

You lost me at trade Julio

I didn't make it that far. He's still in the 'we lost the future with the Julio trade' crowd. a very high percentage of guys who came in the league that year are already out of the league....the average career for an NFL player is what, 4 years?

FalconinPA likes this

22 hours ago, falcon22 said:

Players and coaches have their job on the line, this is an evaluation period for them. How in the world are you expecting them to "tank" the rest of the season? That is just completely unrealistic and absurd to even discuss or consider. Unless Blank makes a mandate and promises all of them to have job security, it will not happen. It affects their resume also in the event that they need to move on to another opportunity due to changes. I really wish we would stop with these threads about tanking and actually discuss football related things that matter and will benefit the team going forward.

Why the **** would we want to evaluate talent or coaches in garbage games? that's probably why we've ended up in this situation in the first place the talent and coaches have proved that when the hammer has to hit the nail they miss consistently. 

The coach is in Atlanta consistently depend on talent to do the work they don't game plan they don't do s*** at halftime I'm sick of it we need some real coaches and some real talent there's no way they're going to be proud of 7 and 9 regardless

18 hours ago, Gee-Q said:

offset the depth lost chasing Julio ?  In other words, the picks we gave away all those years ago?  Like we weren't 2 handoffs away from wining the Superbowl...  

OP knows little about football

We weren't two handoffs away from winning a Superbowl the team had the Super Bowl in the first half and came out like they were world champions already celebrating. that is poor coaching the same crap that has us going to Cleveland and think we're going to win just cuz it's the Browns.  We need more Talent and depth if the coaches are going to rely on that to win instead of game planning and scheming

15 hours ago, Knight of God said:

Group 2 says play til the whistle and we’ll cross that road later.

Also, drafts are fun and all but you don’t trade Julio for what could be a bust. 

Stop talking about trading our playmakers!!!

Can we talk about how much more money Julio is going to want in his deal that is supposed to be re-worked this off-season?

Because that's a real concern to me, in regards to how it will impact re-building the trenches - which I think everyone agrees at least on the surface - needs to be the priority right now.

On 12/17/2018 at 10:42 AM, falcon22 said:

Players and coaches have their job on the line, this is an evaluation period for them. How in the world are you expecting them to "tank" the rest of the season? That is just completely unrealistic and absurd to even discuss or consider. Unless Blank makes a mandate and promises all of them to have job security, it will not happen. It affects their resume also in the event that they need to move on to another opportunity due to changes. I really wish we would stop with these threads about tanking and actually discuss football related things that matter and will benefit the team going forward.

Agree, so why would anybody really expect even one player to tank? Fans wanting a higher draft pick from losses are in complete opposite mode of the coaches and players, who are literally coaching and playing for their football jobs out there. Tanking is a fan thing, and as such, is completely harmless and irrelevant to what actually occurs in the games. 

Geneaut and falcon22 like this

23 hours ago, osiruz said:

Yes I hope we are prepared to play younger players and see what we have. Time to try Senat full time as well as Gono. Hope we get blown out the next two games and get Oliver.

See, I like the idea of playing younger players at this point but, we won't try to lose. I noticed Saubert played a lot yesterday and that just puts a smile on my face.

Edited by quickzero
Osiruz and PokerSteve like this

41 minutes ago, quickzero said:

See, I like the idea of playing younger players at this point but, we won't try to lose. I noticed Saubert played a lot yesterday and that just puts a smile on my face.

That ain't tankin'. That's the way you do it. Gotta say this poster ain't dumb. Play the rookies, get'em up to game speed, get those high draft picks for a SB run.  :slick:

quickzero likes this

On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 11:02 AM, falcons007 said:

Tanking is how you will become laughing stock of NFL. I don’t want any coach or player who is thinking about tanking on my team. 

Nor do I want a coach who tanked on another team.  When life gets hard you have no choice but to keep going.  You may as well fight until you die instead of surrender and be killed.

4 hours ago, jl01102jl said:

We weren't two handoffs away from winning a Superbowl the team had the Super Bowl in the first half and came out like they were world champions already celebrating. that is poor coaching the same crap that has us going to Cleveland and think we're going to win just cuz it's the Browns.  We need more Talent and depth if the coaches are going to rely on that to win instead of game planning and scheming

Umm.. we were totally 2 handoffs away from winning.  2nd and 11, hand off the ball.  3rd and 10.  handoff the ball.  4th and 9.  Kick 38 yard field goal and go up 31 to 20.  Game over 

Geneaut and quickzero like this

10 hours ago, rugger8 said:

Can we talk about how much more money Julio is going to want in his deal that is supposed to be re-worked this off-season?

Because that's a real concern to me, in regards to how it will impact re-building the trenches - which I think everyone agrees at least on the surface - needs to be the priority right now.

OL as of right now is already taking up the lions share of the money. People hate when I say that, but it’s true. Instead of focusing on Jones, maybe look at OL salaries and ask yourself who should go, or we are looking for another Julio.

Geneaut likes this

9 hours ago, PokerSteve said:

That ain't tankin'. That's the way you do it. Gotta say this poster ain't dumb. Play the rookies, get'em up to game speed, get those high draft picks for a SB run.  :slick:

Thanks. Exactly, there's nothing wrong with losing at this point of the season but we aren't "throwing" games. Play some of the young guys, let's see what they do and get some film on them.

PokerSteve likes this

On 12/18/2018 at 9:50 PM, Knight of God said:

OL as of right now is already taking up the lions share of the money. People hate when I say that, but it’s true. Instead of focusing on Jones, maybe look at OL salaries and ask yourself who should go, or we are looking for another Julio.

I know that we have an expensive OL; one of the most expensive this year, though I don't know about 2019. There are people who need to roll out and come off those books. But it remains that we need to once again invest significant resources into it, whether it's draft picks or cash, remains to be seen. But playing devil's advocate, trading Julio would garner more draft capital and would get him off our books - or at least his increase wouldn't be our problem.

Now the OTHER SIDE of the trenches is also a problem. Our DL was cheap and awful this year, and now there's a question hanging out there about whether or not Jarrett will be re-signed. His contract -to me- far outweighs any increase we might be considering for Julio. And then get another DT with our first pick.

On 12/17/2018 at 10:36 AM, celtiksage said:

I was hoping someine would say this. He lost me at mabey. Lmao

Okay, maybe earlier than that, but the best part is it is in all caps.

FYI...The word "SOMEINE" is spelled "SOMEONE".

rugger8 likes this

3 hours ago, rugger8 said:

I know that we have an expensive OL; one of the most expensive this year, though I don't know about 2019. There are people who need to roll out and come off those books. But it remains that we need to once again invest significant resources into it, whether it's draft picks or cash, remains to be seen. But playing devil's advocate, trading Julio would garner more draft capital and would get him off our books - or at least his increase wouldn't be our problem.

Now the OTHER SIDE of the trenches is also a problem. Our DL was cheap and awful this year, and now there's a question hanging out there about whether or not Jarrett will be re-signed. His contract -to me- far outweighs any increase we might be considering for Julio. And then get another DT with our first pick.

Trading Julio isn’t the answer, it will be part of the problem. There are other players that can be traded. 

On 12/17/2018 at 9:20 AM, jl01102jl said:

I dont understand this end on a high note bullcrap. The whole squad is bummed and pissed about this season and finishing 7-9 is not going to help their morale when they know they have potential for deep playoff runs. 

Personally I think we need to lose out, trade the pick away to offset the depth we lost chasing Julio, and Mabey even trade Julio since its the worlds worst secret that after 8 years in Atlanta, Matt has hit him in stride on a go route MABEY 5 times.

How closely is draft position correlated with success the following season...the next two seasons...the next three seasons?  How many wins, on average, does picking #6 add over picking #16?  

We need Matt Schaub out there playing for his job!!!  

I mean seriously, how can we be so satisfied losing all of our preseason games in order to evaluate people, but now we're going to win a bunch of games doing the same **** thing?