Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jl01102jl

Team tank RISE UP.

53 posts in this topic

I dont understand this end on a high note bullcrap. The whole squad is bummed and pissed about this season and finishing 7-9 is not going to help their morale when they know they have potential for deep playoff runs. 

Personally I think we need to lose out, trade the pick away to offset the depth we lost chasing Julio, and Mabey even trade Julio since its the worlds worst secret that after 8 years in Atlanta, Matt has hit him in stride on a go route MABEY 5 times.

DogIsYourName and Osiruz like this

2 minutes ago, osiruz said:

for Gods sakes please no, I hope we lose by 40 points next week.

I want Quinnen Williams on the team, but let's have some pride guys. Let the chips fall as they may. I think the teams ahead of us in the draft all won anyway? 

rugger8, Artys Arryn and Gee-Q like this

Just now, quickzero said:

I want Quinnen Williams on the team, but let's have some pride guys. Let the chips fall as they may. I think the teams ahead of us in the draft all won anyway? 

Screw pride, saints about to win one in our house and we are still playing with pride and mediocre talent. Time to stop embracing the succ and play for ed Oliver or Williams. We need game breaking talent on both sides of the trenches.

PokerSteve likes this

Just now, osiruz said:

Screw pride, saints about to win one in our house and we are still playing with pride and mediocre talent. Time to stop embracing the succ and play for ed Oliver or Williams. We need game breaking talent on both sides of the trenches.

Obviously we need some talent on the lines but at what cost are you willing to spend to get those guys? We actually have lots of good players things just didn't work out for us. The Saints arent going to the bowl this year, the Bears will see to that.

5 minutes ago, marvinthemartian said:

FYI....the word “MABEY” is actually spelled “MAYBE”. 

I was hoping someine would say this. He lost me at mabey. Lmao

Okay, maybe earlier than that, but the best part is it is in all caps.

papachaz and PokerSteve like this

Players and coaches have their job on the line, this is an evaluation period for them. How in the world are you expecting them to "tank" the rest of the season? That is just completely unrealistic and absurd to even discuss or consider. Unless Blank makes a mandate and promises all of them to have job security, it will not happen. It affects their resume also in the event that they need to move on to another opportunity due to changes. I really wish we would stop with these threads about tanking and actually discuss football related things that matter and will benefit the team going forward.

11 minutes ago, quickzero said:

Obviously we need some talent on the lines but at what cost are you willing to spend to get those guys? We actually have lots of good players things just didn't work out for us. The Saints arent going to the bowl this year, the Bears will see to that.

Our talent is overrated, see my off season thread. The only good OL we have is Matthews. Mack is very old, Levitre is done, Shraeder, and Shweitzer, and fusco are all replacement level players. Without a good OL we have a broken down Ferrari offense without wheels sitting on bricks. 

Defense literally cannot stop the run or rush the Passer to save their life. We have holes at CB, DT, and DE.

Chitown2ATL_Falcon likes this

20 minutes ago, osiruz said:

Our talent is overrated, see my off season thread. The only good OL we have is Matthews. Mack is very old, Levitre is done, Shraeder, and Shweitzer, and fusco are all replacement level players. Without a good OL we have a broken down Ferrari offense without wheels sitting on bricks. 

Defense literally cannot stop the run or rush the Passer to save their life. We have holes at CB, DT, and DE.

Ok so we have some holes, we handle that in the OFFSEASON. Right now we have to prepare for the Panthers and I don't think anyone on our team WANTS to lose and neither do i. 

Geneaut likes this

1 hour ago, quickzero said:

Ok so we have some holes, we handle that in the OFFSEASON. Right now we have to prepare for the Panthers and I don't think anyone on our team WANTS to lose and neither do i. 

Yes I hope we are prepared to play younger players and see what we have. Time to try Senat full time as well as Gono. Hope we get blown out the next two games and get Oliver.

offset the depth lost chasing Julio ?  In other words, the picks we gave away all those years ago?  Like we weren't 2 handoffs away from wining the Superbowl...  

OP knows little about football

Geneaut, quickzero and papachaz like this

4 hours ago, osiruz said:

Playing for Ed Oliver or Williams is exactly the definition of "embracing the suck"

If we lose, then we lose... but to have the mentality of intentionally losing disgusts me.  I'm glad the team fought hard yesterday

I hope they fight just as hard on Sunday in Carolina.  If they lose to the Panthers, then so be it...

Seriously, anyone of who dead *** serious about the team tanking are pure losers. It's one thing to joke about it but if you are dead serious about it, I feel sorry for you. Tanking is for men with zero pride and self respect. Crying about dropping a few spots in the draft like players are guaranteed stars in the top 5 or top 10. **** shame

The team will never intentionally tank, players/coaches are trying to keep their jobs.

With that being said, these wins are absolutely meaningless and do more harm than good. 

This tanking thing is a myth created by those who are delusional and live on their computer boards. 

The Falcons will play their best against their other nemesis Panthers- they are not going there to embarrass themselves. 

Expect a fight and it will be a close game. I don’t know who is going to win, but the team will give all their efforts. 

ya_boi_j likes this

NFL is not the NBA.  Talent assessment and many other things work totally different in the NBA. I also agree that in sports if you just give up and lose on purpose for any reason you don't deserve to play that sport, especially at the pro level.