mashburn*Fibonacci

How many draft spots did this pointless win affect us?

104 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, Caddieman said:

People will biotch about anything

My bad for wanting to improve our team with better potential draft picks. 

Sorry I offended your day of getting off to beating an extremely horrible team that even the yellow jackets could stomp.  

Please continue with your super bowl win feeling.  

gazoo, PokerSteve and vitaman like this

49 minutes ago, quotemokc said:

We moved from 4th to 6th pick.

Now stop crying.

That is in the first round, but we will probably pick 10th in the second round.  To me, that will make more of an impact than the drop in the first round.  

The top of the first round will be occupied by one or two QB's that will inevitably get chosen well before their worth (it happens often).  

The second round is where we have a shot at a good OG prospect, but we will have to wait and hope that the other teams ahead of us (and with similar needs) do not draft OG.  

vitaman, rugger8, Ergo Proxy and 1 other like this

1 hour ago, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

https://www.nfl.com/standings/league/2018/REG?sortField=overallWin&sortIsAscending=true

We went from spot 4, to being out of the top ten possibly.  

We have 6 teams ahead of us,  with being tied with 5 others.  

You tankers went from the 5 spot to the 7 spot with yesterday's win. It is obvious the team aint tankin. Just wait til we curb stomp the Panties Sunday. That could put us in the 10 spot. When we complete the sweep of the Sucs we could end up around 12th. Tank on.

Do you really think the draft spot matters with this team? Just win baby! and watch TD and company show you that draft spot doesn't matter they pick a lukewarm pick. Can't believe our record is the same as the Bucs. 

8 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

You tankers went from the 5 spot to the 7 spot with yesterday's win. It is obvious the team aint tankin. Just wait til we curb stomp the Panties Sunday. That could put us in the 10 spot. When we complete the sweep of the Sucs we could end up around 12th. Tank on.

First, they complain that the team has quit.  Now we win, indicating the team has not quit and that's something to complain about.  It's more tiring than losing...

1 hour ago, quotemokc said:

16 minutes ago, quotemokc said:

So 6 teams with a worse record and tied with 5 other teams, doesn't matter? Was a couple teams draft spot pulled that I don't know about or they change the rules? 

12 minutes ago, capologist said:

First, they complain that the team has quit.  Now we win, indicating the team has not quit and that's something to complain about.  It's more tiring than losing...

Sorry I offended your day of getting off to beating an extremely horrible team that even the yellow jackets could stomp.  

8 minutes ago, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

So 6 teams with a worse record and tied with 5 other teams, doesn't matter? Was a couple teams draft spot pulled that I don't know about or they change the rules? 

Where are you getting 6 teams with a worse record from ?

23 minutes ago, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

1.  This win won't impact our draft slotting all the much at the end of the day.

2. Not addressing sarcasm but yes, I was pleased that we actually showed up and players showed they care about what happens.  If they didn't, that would indicate a much larger problem than where we draft.  Sorry you aren't seeing that.

3. Unfortunately, it's not a super bowl so no super bowl winning feeling, just a normal win feeling, sorry you can't take the time out of your misery to enjoy that.

Goober Pyle and Ergo Proxy like this

31 minutes ago, Clark said:

Where are you getting 6 teams with a worse record from ?

Yeah only 5 teams have a worse record than us and our SoS is worse than every tied team, so we're 6'th right now. 

Ergo Proxy likes this

3 hours ago, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

https://www.nfl.com/standings/league/2018/REG?sortField=overallWin&sortIsAscending=true

We went from spot 4, to being out of the top ten possibly.  

We have 6 teams ahead of us,  with being tied with 5 others.  

We dropped one spot. Quit that crying, Mash. I think our draft spot will be highest because of low SOS while some of the others with the same record play a stronger last 2 games. We're still in the top 10.

My question is who do the Cardinals take at #1? Bosa doesn't really fit their need factor. And way to high a pick for Jonah Williams. Most of their needs are offense, and there's no one worth taking there. Could really put a surprise into the draft from the get go.