Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
raysnill1

some opinions that might be unpopular

118 posts in this topic

the left side of our O-line should be set for a while. I keep hearing and reading about Wes sucking but I don't see it.

If Vic is gonna be used in a reduced role then we should resign him but not at premium

I like Means, don't really know why but he's worth keeping around another season.

PAY Grady ... please!

I use to think we should keep Sark and let him learn under an OC with NFL experience but after watching PP constantly set himself up for a double move and we only took like 1 real shot at him, I don't care anymore.

I'm baffled every game why we don't use Justin Hardy more.

TeCo can kick rocks. yeah he's fast and 65 yards and 45 yards blah blah blah  but man he runs soft. I'll take Free & Ito and sign a fast RB with hands anyday.

Money Matt may need to go on and hang em up this season. his FG was actually tipped but still made it thru. I think he should make it to the HoF one day.

Hooper, man you got to hold on to the ball

PFF always use to have Schraeder as one of the top RTs in the league and I couldn't see it, and I went to VSU so I WANTED to be biased but Toilolo helped him out WAY more than people realized.

Keith Armstrong should be on his way out the door after this season. 

I think we should keep teco on a reasonable contract. It's hard to find someone of his caliber and they are going early. Shraeder, Bryant, Means, Alford, and VB44 all need to go. I would only keep Beasley as a rotational player or we can just sign Irvin for the same impact.

2 hours ago, raysnill1 said:

the left side of our O-line should be set for a while. I keep hearing and reading about Wes sucking but I don't see it.

If Vic is gonna be used in a reduced role then we should resign him but not at premium

I like Means, don't really know why but he's worth keeping around another season.

PAY Grady ... please!

I use to think we should keep Sark and let him learn under an OC with NFL experience but after watching PP constantly set himself up for a double move and we only took like 1 real shot at him, I don't care anymore.

I'm baffled every game why we don't use Justin Hardy more.

TeCo can kick rocks. yeah he's fast and 65 yards and 45 yards blah blah blah  but man he runs soft. I'll take Free & Ito and sign a fast RB with hands anyday.

Money Matt may need to go on and hang em up this season. his FG was actually tipped but still made it thru. I think he should make it to the HoF one day.

Hooper, man you got to hold on to the ball

PFF always use to have Schraeder as one of the top RTs in the league and I couldn't see it, and I went to VSU so I WANTED to be biased but Toilolo helped him out WAY more than people realized.

Keith Armstrong should be on his way out the door after this season. 

• Wes:  Yes, he's been the 3rd best guy on the line IMO.  Not saying he's good but he's at least depth
  • Agreed on Vic
  • I'm okay with Means playing for a spot, he's cheap depth.
  • Yes, we need Grady.
  • I am too indifferent on Sark, he's not the problem but I don't he's the solution either.
  • Yeah, Hardy has gotten very little work last two years.  Good role player and good hands, keep him only on a cheap deal.
  • I don't think we cannot afford Teco but behind a good line, dude will destroy.  We've seen that repeatedly where he gets a body-width hole and is gone for double digits.   He doesn't run soft, he just dedicates 100% energy to acceleration at the cost of agility and stability.  I'd personally love to keep him if he could be had cheap.
  • I will never say Matt Bryant should retire but he has nothing left to prove and honestly I might even open ST Coordinator up for him :D.
  • Hooper is Hooper and he's going to have those plays he should make but doesn't.  Still like him.
  • Schraeder's feet aren't working, most of the time he is just being outmaneuvered not overpowered.
  • See Matt Bryant (though he could suck worse I just don't see anything special about Armstrong's STs anymore.

I am going to wait until the last game before I really settle in on what I would like to see in 2019.

raysnill1 likes this

1 hour ago, osiruz said:

I think we should keep teco on a reasonable contract. It's hard to find someone of his caliber and they are going early. Shraeder, Bryant, Means, Alford, and VB44 all need to go. I would only keep Beasley as a rotational player or we can just sign Irvin for the same impact.

Hard to find someone of Teco’s caliber? Is it really that hard to find a fast straight line guy that’s ONLY effective when he goes untouched? Smh please somebody over pay him away from us

10 minutes ago, cwell1 said:

Hard to find someone of Teco’s caliber? Is it really that hard to find a fast straight line guy that’s ONLY effective when he goes untouched? Smh please somebody over pay him away from us

Who can catch and is a threat to take it to the house every time? Yeah there aren't many players like that.

20 minutes ago, osiruz said:

Who can catch and is a threat to take it to the house every time? Yeah there aren't many players like that.

There are plenty of fast dudes who can catch in the NFL. 

Flying Falcon likes this

14 minutes ago, cwell1 said:

.....when he’s untouched

Teco has broken some pretty hard tackles but he does run soft sometimes. Still a good RB just not a bellcow. He has great hands and if a detailed OC knows how to use him to the best of his abilities he is a nightmare. 

Look at when he destroyed the Broncos and went 90 yards down field with ease against the Panties. Give him a good OL and he will produce. He can pass block better than anyone we bave now as well.

28 minutes ago, cwell1 said:

.....when he’s untouched

That goes for almost any rb dude. There's only one rb with that kind of talent in the 19 draft and I bet he goes late first or early second.

Shop Julio for depth/picks.

Take a few steps toward improving the lines, depth and a starter or 2 with priority on offensive line..

Bring in 2 hungry dbs that can at least challenge alford and trufant for competition and be depth.

Get a Playmaking TE. Hooper is a shined up turd. 

Return to run first /playaction offense. 

Chitown2ATL_Falcon likes this

9 minutes ago, osiruz said:

Who are a rb? Really...please name some. 

What makes Teco an RB if he can only run fast and catch passes? Marvin Hall is the same player Teco is. 

vel likes this

20 minutes ago, Lornoth said:

What makes Teco an RB if he can only run fast and catch passes? Marvin Hall is the same player Teco is. 

:lol:

1 minute ago, Lornoth said:

Good rebuttal. If you can name something Teco does well that isn't a WR skill, go ahead. 

he must have done something right yesterday :rolleyes: he ran for 144 yards

Edited by caponine

2 minutes ago, caponine said:

he must have done something right yesterday :rolleyes: he ran for 144 yards

4 minutes ago, Lornoth said:

Good rebuttal. If you can name something Teco does well that isn't a WR skill, go ahead. 

TheFalcoholic likes this

Just now, Lornoth said:

right because running for 140 yards is a wr skill :). He finally started to cut up field. So yeah his patience and cuts were improved yesterday

osiruz likes this

6 minutes ago, caponine said:

right because running for 140 yards is a wr skill :). He finally started to cut up field. So yeah his patience and cuts were improved yesterday

Running isn't a skill. And I really don't care about one game, his entire career shows his vision is poor, he rarely breaks tackles, and his route running is mediocre. He also goes backwards way too often.

He's not a bad player, but he only has speed, which is not a rarity in the NFL. I like him, but people overhype him way too much. 

Shelley#37 and Pacific_Falcon like this

2 minutes ago, Lornoth said:

Running isn't a skill. And I really don't care about one game, his entire career shows his vision is poor, he rarely breaks tackles, and his route running is mediocre. He also goes backwards way too often.

He's not a bad player, but he only has speed, which is not a rarity in the NFL. I like him, but people overhype him way too much. 

Right lol running isnt a skill?? lmao yet u just said name a something teco can do thats not a wr skill smh. Right because you dont average 4.7 ypc this season because his running is mediocre. You dont average 4.4 ypc over your career by being a bad rb. Route running is mediocre yet consistently beats his man. Freeman goes backwards too, remember that. 

I dont agree with 2nd paragraph but okayy if u say so

osiruz likes this

3 minutes ago, caponine said:

Right lol running isnt a skill?? lmao yet u just said name a something teco can do thats not a wr skill smh. Right because you dont average 4.7 ypc this season because his running is mediocre. You dont average 4.4 ypc over your career by being a bad rb. Route running is mediocre yet consistently beats his man. Freeman goes backwards too, remember that. 

I dont agree with 2nd paragraph but okayy if u say so

Running is the culmination of different skills, you can't just be good at running, you're good at other things which make you a good runner, that's why running isn't a skill. Freeman goes backwards too and it's his biggest issue besides getting injured. Teco beats coverage because he's fast and LB'ers aren't, not because he's running crazy good routes.