Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Weir1419

Can we be like the Eagles?

14 posts in this topic

So the eagles lost their entire secondary a few weeks ago and now their QB who in my opinion might be better suited as backup. Enter Foles who somehow is getting the magic going again. 

Why cant we get that magic? We don’t have any grit as an organization. We never can just gut out a win. We essentially win when everything is working. That’s just statistically never gonna produce great overall results.

I’ve been a fan since 2001 when Vick came onto the scene and have stuck it through some bad seasons and crazy turmoil. Even some of the seasons we made playoffs they always ended in the same result of lack of passion or “grit” to just want to win. 

I just want smash mouth football! Something that I know has been proven to win SBs time after time. 

Our O line is old other than Matthews. Our D is very subpar other than Grady. 

Quinn doesn’t inspire anyone anymore with his brotherhood rah rah. He should be the nucleus of this team when in the darkest of holes they are able to gut it out. 

I don’t really have a great ending to my rant but I’m just so tired of this same half assed product. 

We can start by getting meaner up front. A lot of our issues on offense and defense would go away if we could consistently rush the passer and block for Ryan.

It was the Cards I know, but we looked so much better on defense today because we got pressure. 

Eagles also have a QB on a rookie deal...that helps a lot. Same for the Rams...it'll be different when its time to pay up in a couple years for those teams cap wise.

They have a better defensive scheme that maximizes their player's talents. The big mistake the Falcons made early this year was to play more reactive on defense rather than attacking to cover up the holes.

16 hours ago, Ryan2Julio11 said:

They invest in the lines and we invest in skill players 

To be fair they invested both ways. WR Jeffrey. Traded for Golden Tate. Drafted Ahgolor. Traded for Micheal Bennett and signed H. Ngata. They just panned out. We drafted a 2nd round C and 3rd round OG in 2012. 2014 we drafted Jake Matthews. 2016 we trade for levitre. Remember P. Jerry and Hageman were 1st and 2nd round picks who didnt pan out. Vic and Takk are 1st rounders. They just arent great all around guys yet....still hoping they can become more effective. eagles have a great mix of young guys and vet leadership. Rookie playmaking FS but all pro SS next to him. Young DL mixed with Cox Long and Graham. Young athletic LBs but they arent all rookies and 2nd yr. Eagles just blended better but thats easy to do when you dont have a 100 mill QB

Geaux_Falcons likes this

On 12/16/2018 at 7:44 PM, tl;dr said:

We can start by getting meaner up front. A lot of our issues on offense and defense would go away if we could consistently rush the passer and block for Ryan.

It was the Cards I know, but we looked so much better on defense today because we got pressure. 

Cardinals offensive line is soo trash that it makes every opponents front look like Bears defense.

It was an anomaly game.

I dont see Falcons putting any pressure on road in next 2 games.

Panthers / Bucs should beat us in close game.