Grady vs F Cox Donald Hicks

Atl Falcon

To me and I love Grady but will he demand the same money as Cox Donald? Just saying Donald Hicks Cox are the best so where are we going with GJs contract? Dang sure want to keep him...but do we overpay? IMO he’s no where as dominant as those guys. I think the Falcons have a real dilemma at hand. Share...

So you don't pay him and then do what for a DL? 

Do you think we can just snap our fingers and draft a replacement for him and at least 1 more starter? Try and get 1 guy who would be a guaranteed starter and then fill his spot with a FA which if any good may cost almost as much as him?

What is the plan for the DL if we DON'T sign Grady?

34 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

To me and I love Grady but will he demand the same money as Cox Donald? Just saying Donald Hicks Cox are the best so where are we going with GJs contract? Dang sure want to keep him...but do we overpay? IMO he’s no where as dominant as those guys. I think the Falcons have a real dilemma at hand. Share...

Donald is classified as a DE, so that stops the bleeding a little, but you gotta pay the man.

37 minutes ago, TheUsualStuff said:

So you don't pay him and then do what for a DL? 

Do you think we can just snap our fingers and draft a replacement for him and at least 1 more starter? Try and get 1 guy who would be a guaranteed starter and then fill his spot with a FA which if any good may cost almost as much as him?

What is the plan for the DL if we DON'T sign Grady?

No no I’m not saying don’t pay him and YES we need him....but do we pay him the same as those guys? That was the question.....is he worth overpaying just to compensate our needs. That’s the dilemma we’re in. He’s NOT as good as those guys but I’m afraid he’s going to want that kind of money. Heck I’m prolly wrong and in a panic but AB worries me about his emotional ties vs business.

He's a great player. Don't know why everyone is so worried...the dude will get his fair value. No Pro Bowls, but he deserves a top 10 contract. I could see 12 mil a year. Maybe something that looks more like 15 mil with sack and Pro Bowl incentives. If the Falcons FO lets him go I'll be very upset. Best player on an admittedly weak DL. Stick a good DT next to him and watch what he does.

12 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

No no I’m not saying don’t pay him and YES we need him....but do we pay him the same as those guys? That was the question.....is he worth overpaying just to compensate our needs. That’s the dilemma we’re in. He’s NOT as good as those guys but I’m afraid he’s going to want that kind of money. Heck I’m prolly wrong and in a panic but AB worries me about his emotional ties vs business.

You are talking what... $17-$20+ million a year? Isn't Donald's deal thw richest defensive deal out there?

I am not worried about him trying to demand that sort of money, but no I wouldn't pay it. 

Again though... him asking for that is kooky talk.

6 minutes ago, TheUsualStuff said:

You are talking what... $17-$20+ million a year? Isn't Donald's deal thw richest defensive deal out there?

I am not worried about him trying to demand that sort of money, but no I wouldn't pay it. 

Again though... him asking for that is kooky talk.

Ok is he worth Fletcher Cox money ...that’s part of the question