Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

⚡Slumerican⚡

So we won against one of the worst teams in the league

55 posts in this topic

Just now, Doctor Kildare said:

The bright side is that Dimitroff can fail on a top 15 pick as easily as he can miss in the top 5.

Exactly, we can only hope he gets lucky eventually.. It's impossible to always pick the first round bust every year.. Right? 

Doctor Kildare likes this

2 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Exactly, we can only hope he gets lucky eventually.. It's impossible to always pick the first round bust every year.. Right? 

It's likely he's already drafted 2 HOFs. 

Smiler11 likes this

Players don't tank. While I know fans want that top 3 pick... if we're out here losing to the Cardinals, we're in big trouble next season.

Beating any team in the manner we won today is not to be sniffed at.

Many on here legitimately thought we were amongst the worst teams in the league. Today we saw what bad looks like in terms of roster management, coaching and quarterbacking play.

1 hour ago, Doctor Kildare said:

Lamar Holmes and Peter Konz?

It took a heavy price for him to pick Julio.

Did he draft JJ and Ryan or not? Both are considered on a trajectory that will lead them to the HOF. 

9 minutes ago, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

Wait, are we more interested in making HOFers or Superbowl Champions?

Sometimes you can do both. I contend the more HOF types you draft the easier the SB thing gets. 

FalconJim and ZoneOne01 like this

25 minutes ago, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

Wait, are we more interested in making HOFers or Superbowl Champions?

Maybe ----------- BOTH?!?!?!  That would be nice! 
I think, all Ryan & JJ need is a SB ring, and they would both be a shoe-in for the NFL HOF --- 

Geneaut likes this

3 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Im mostly aggravated because it probably cost us a draft position. The win didn't accomplish anything in perspective imo

Nah, now we'll be in a great position to get Jonah Williams or won't be reaching as far for the Dlineman we want. And we might also be in reach for one of the QB needy teams to give us more picks and trade back. None of them are trading up into the 2-3 range for a QB if you ask me.

3 hours ago, Jesus said:

Real fans want losses.

No we want better draft picks and coaching changes in a season where we won't go to the playoffs and we won't even have a winning record. We gain ZERO the rest of the season by winning games we gain a whole lot by getting better draft picks in each round and not letting our inept coaching staff use injuries as an excuse to how bad this team is.

If you want to go 7-9 and having middling draft picks and allow the same coaching staff to come back next year intact you are nuts and not rooting for the long term benefit of this team.

1 hour ago, Geneaut said:

Did he draft JJ and Ryan or not? Both are considered on a trajectory that will lead them to the HOF. 

Noodle arm Ryan is a bust and trade Julio.

13 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

So we won against one of the worst teams in the league 

And the SlumAmerican aint happy. Tank on tanker.

I knew you would be proud. I actually thought about you during the game. This one was for Bill Fralic as far as I’m concerned. Long live the creator of the Pancake Block!!!

Geneaut and FalconFanSince1970 like this

14 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

No we want better draft picks and coaching changes in a season where we won't go to the playoffs and we won't even have a winning record. We gain ZERO the rest of the season by winning games we gain a whole lot by getting better draft picks in each round and not letting our inept coaching staff use injuries as an excuse to how bad this team is.

If you want to go 7-9 and having middling draft picks and allow the same coaching staff to come back next year intact you are nuts and not rooting for the long term benefit of this team.

Cool story.

Geneaut and TheTrue7 like this

This is the first game since Washington where we went out a played like we were suppose to, so as far as taking the easy “we beat a bad time” line, let’s just take it for what it is. 

We went out and beat a bad team, badly.