Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ezekiel 25:17

Tomorrow’s game blacked out

29 posts in this topic

Hey, with Sunday’s game feeling like a throwback to the days of old Fulton county, where I was cold , rainy and irrelevant, is it possible for FOX to put us out of our misery and block out the game locally? 

I am asking in gist, I know it would go agothe rules of a sell out, but it would save us a lot of time. :-)

At this point, I’m ready for next year! This year holds nothing but contempt for a team of what could have been, and MF failed, epically!! 

You talk about a major f you in the eye, they delivered at 100%! 

All of them, layed the stinking egg!! 

Halcon-1 and Ezekiel 25:17 like this

Pretty sure there were enough of those 30 year PSL's sold coming off 2016 to keep the Falcons games beamed into North Georgia homes for a year or two. 

Reason I will still watch

Is so i can say what are the areas we see a weak point? Not just what everyone on the board will say but your own mind. Gives us a chance to watch the game not as a whole but individuals... 

Also I think there is stuff that I'll keep a good eye on... oline is something BIG to watch... the benching of Ryan Schrader (you normally don't bench high dollar guys) how will he respond? Will it be a wake up call... the chance of losing millions... 

Beasley (never thought he was a double digits sack guy year round) but a 6-12 sack guy. Is that going to be enough for the team to want to keep him... is the effort there and is it to risky to pay him 3-5 year contract... or did his dream of playing for his favorite team and doing it was that his drive? Does he have anymore drive after reaching is dream?

Is the linebackers going to continue to grow with Jones,Campbell and the rookie (forgot his name) he has looked good next to them guys... but keeping a eye on him as the season nears the end... can we say that the LB play is there and not have to address it in the draft?

So much more!! Always remember it's a game... even if we are losing so many more ways to enjoy the game.

2 hours ago, putnam6 said:

Pretty sure there were enough of those 30 year PSL's sold coming off 2016 to keep the Falcons games beamed into North Georgia homes for a year or two. 

Yeah, because you have to buy tickets for it as well. 

I was hoping the league would take mercy on us and not show the “game” between two inept teams.

roguebeaver likes this

9 minutes ago, FalconinPA said:

Reason I still watch

The Falcons are my team, they have been since birth. This horrible team will not stop me from watching, I've seen worse teams over the years. Will watch and be waiting eagerly until next year. I want to see the changes we make next year. 

This year reminds me of ‘81, where we were expected to be super bowl contenders but quickly deteriorated into the abyss. 

I am a Falcons fan true and true, but during a busy holiday season with a gaggle of grandkids, it is very easy to find other things to take up my game watching time. 

FalconinPA likes this

3 minutes ago, putnam6 said:

I always watch LOL and sign on to the game day chat and ***** and moan, makes my day complete. Besides this is one they should win, right?  

Said myself turning on the Cleveland game. :doh:

7 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

This year reminds me of ‘81, where we were expected to be super bowl contenders but quickly deteriorated into the abyss. 

I am a Falcons fan true and true, but during a busy holiday season with a gaggle of grandkids, it is very easy to find other things to take up my game watching time. 

Yep, I agree. This season has a 1981 feel to it. 

Ezekiel 25:17 and putnam6 like this

28 minutes ago, FalconinPA said:

Yep, I agree. This season has a 1981 feel to it. 

Arrrgggh 1981 they lost 5 games by 3 points or less and lost the last 3 games to finish 7-9. Absolutely hated that year especially coming off 1980, Offense was good but defense was middle of the road. 

Drew4719 and FalconinPA like this

Just now, putnam6 said:

Arrrgggh 1981 they lost 5 games by 3 points or less and lost the last 3 games to finish 7-9. Absolutely hated that year especially coming off 1980, Offense was good but defense was middle of the road. 

Yep, 1980 was a magical season. I was a kid but I still remember it well. It was ruined by the Cowboys. So much hype coming into 1981 and nothing more. 

putnam6 likes this

Blackouts are the most backward-thinking idea in business:

If a team looks pitiful and is losing sequentially, major fans do not go to the games, the games are not sold out, and then minor fans do not even see the team on TV due to blackouts being run.

Then if the team does begin to improve, it takes significant progress to finally get major fans to reappear and then eventually cause games to sell out again and show on TV.

However, in a lot of cases, the thing that leads to significant progress is minor progress that is then propelled from fan support to significant progress, but because of blackouts, very few even see the minor progress.

The Falcons stayed such a "losing" team for years because of blackouts where minor progress went unnoticed, so the team would just fall back to losing except in occasional one-time boosts where significant major progress would occur.  Not until they broke this cycle with a major improvement (Ryan+Julio) with subsequent winning seasons did they escape this cycle (Jets, Bucs, others are still in it):

Team Losses > Less Major Fan Interest > Less Attendance > Blackouts > Less Minor Fan Interest > Less Team Support > More Losses > Occasional Minor Progress > No Fan Attention > Improvements Reversed > Back to Losing > One Time Major Improvement > Sudden Fan Interest > Team Support/Attendance/Blackout Lifts > Team Wins > Minor Problems > Quick Fan Disinterest/Support > Attendance Decline/Blackouts Back > Team Losses

I got an email this week noting that I had attended every game this year and could pick up my “wings” (a special pin, I assume) at a desk outside of gate 1 at game today. This year, it feels like they should be giving out Purple Hearts LOL.

putnam6 likes this

This ugly matchup with the hapless Falcons and the pitiful cardinals has been mercifully blacked out in Savannah, the bad news is we get the Jaguars instead. :bang:

1 hour ago, FalconinPA said:

Reason I still watch

The Falcons are my team, they have been since birth. This horrible team will not stop me from watching, I've seen worse teams over the years. Will watch and be waiting eagerly until next year. I want to see the changes we make next year. 

I put redzone on the TV and pull up our game on my tablet. As much as I hate to see trash *** football, I can't not watch my team. 

Plus I got Matt Julio hoop and David Johnson so I need them all to ball out today, albeit a Falcons loss to keep up top 5 lol

putnam6, FalconinPA and Drew4719 like this

10 hours ago, roguebeaver said:

At this point, I’m ready for next year! This year holds nothing but contempt for a team of what could have been, and MF failed, epically!! 

You talk about a major f you in the eye, they delivered at 100%! 

All of them, layed the stinking egg!! 

The title of your thread says that this Falcons home-game is "blacked-out", but The NFL has not done so.

Based on the title of your thread, I thought this game was blacked-out locally. 

Back in the old days when you had few channels on tv and you had to take the good with the bad.  I will still watch.

42 minutes ago, esmithidoc said:

I got an email this week noting that I had attended every game this year and could pick up my “wings” (a special pin, I assume) at a desk outside of gate 1 at game today. This year, it feels like they should be giving out Purple Hearts LOL.

Major props for your support, know you got a long trip to and from MBS.

esmithidoc likes this