Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ATL Fan in the DMV

Point Guard Play This Year

7 posts in this topic

This has been an interesting "Year of the PG" in some ways. Players long-forgotten about as potential saviors or franchise-changers have re-emerged as legitimate point guards. Others have failed to gain traction.  Sure, we all know about the Chris Pauls, Russell Westbrooks, and Steph Currys, but others have really started to come on and create major impacts for their teams.

What say you about some of these less well-known PGs this year?

The Raptors trading for Kawhi Leonard may have been the best thing for Kyle Lowry. He's really stepped up his game with Leonard in the fold.

I agree! Derozan was no slouch, but Leonard is a more complete player that can make Lowry's life easier in ways that Derozan just can't.

How about D'Aaron Fox with SAC? That dude has exploded during his 2nd year by posting a 18.1/7.6/3.6 line with vastly improved shooting. I mean, wow. He's got SAC playing some surprising ball this season.

Really like the energy JJ Berria brings off the bench in Dallas, I watch a lot of their games to see Luka and that guy flat has no stop, 

Terry Rozier also comes to mind as a player that just gets it done and has good size

De'Aaron Fox is playing well in his 2nd year. His rookie year was a struggle. Like we keep saying - rookie PGs generally have growing pains in year 1.

Derrick Rose is having a resurgence in Minny.

Mike Conley missed most of last season, Grizz are now playoff bound.

Don't look now, but in NYK - Emmanuel Mudiay is actually looking like an NBA player.

UGABOZ likes this

On 12/18/2018 at 9:57 PM, ATL Fan in the DMV said:

I'm throwing up in my mouth just thinking about it, but what do y'all think of Lonzo Ball's play on the court?

his shot is enough too make you vomit