Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falcons Fan MVP

I just spoke to former Falcons wide receiver Terrance Mathis and asked his opinion of Sark and this what he said.

80 posts in this topic

I spoke to Terrance Mathis briefly on social media and asked him if he thinks Gary Kubiak would help our offense or if we should stick with Sark. His exact words were "Sark is fine". I trust his opinion more than any of ours because he would have a better understanding of the game than we do. Just wanted to pass that along. 

11 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Did you per chance ask why on any given pass play, we have 3 receivers whose routes basically end up in the exact same spot.  Why aren’t the wr routes layered to stretch the linebackers and open up the seams or shallow crossing routes

Maybe it's a WR coaching issue since more than a few times Ryan's been pissed at Raheem Morris and the wrs

papachaz likes this

7 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Did you per chance ask why on any given pass play, we have 3 receivers whose routes basically end up in the exact same spot.  Why aren’t the wr routes layered to stretch the linebackers and open up the seams or shallow crossing routes

Not true at all. You guys are just making this nonsense up as you post, without any facts to back your BS up. 

8 minutes ago, vel said:

Yep:

#2 in yards per drive
#7 in points per drive
#1 in time of possession
#2 in drive success

I’m not a metrics guy.  I know they have value but ppg is what I care about.  We score 2 td’s less in 2017 than the year before. 21 ppg is not good when your offense assumes 64% of the CAP

1 minute ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I’m not a metrics guy.  I know they have value but ppg is what I care about.  We score 2 td’s less in 2017 than the year before.

2 td’s less? Hardly.

We also dropped more passes, and had more health issues in our OL and with our lead RB. But don’t let facts get in the way. 

4 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Not true at all. You guys are just making this nonsense up as you post, without any facts to back your BS up. 

Sorry to disagree, Vandy.  But it’s been a consistent issue since Sark became the OC.  Not saying he hasn’t been good at times.  He has.  But watch the receivers routes closely when we struggle.  You’ll regularly see 2-3 receivers whose routes put them within 3 yards of each other.  Surely you’ve seen this

3 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Sorry to disagree, Vandy.  But it’s been a consistent issue since Sark became the OC.  Not saying he hasn’t been good at times.  He has.  But watch the receivers routes closely when we struggle.  You’ll regularly see 2-3 receivers whose routes put them within 3 yards of each other.  Surely you’ve seen this

I’ve seen it a few times 2012, but who says that’s all on the OC? I know for a fact Hooper has ran routes incorrectly, and suspect rookie Ridley has as well. 

FalconsIn2012 likes this

Just now, Vandy said:

I’ve seen it a few times 2012, but who says that’s all on the OC? I know for a fact Hooper has ran routes incorrectly, and suspect rookie Ridley has as well. 

I agree.  Players and position coaches are to blame as well.  But in the end it falls on the OC to correct it.  Whether that’s fair to Sark I can’t say...

Vandy likes this

7 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I agree.  Players and position coaches are to blame as well.  But in the end it falls on the OC to correct it.  Whether that’s fair to Sark I can’t say...

Again, no running back, and a broken OL.

But I hear you. I just don’t understand all the Sark venom as bad as the defense has been. Hardly see any of these ‘fire Manuel’ threads when our defense is #1 reason why this year’s team is not a playoff team. That and poor situational coaching by Quinn. 

Quinn was hired to fix the D. 4 years in, he obviously hasn’t. 

9 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I spoke to Terrance Mathis briefly on social media and asked him if he thinks Gary Kubiak would help our offense or if we should stick with Sark. His exact words were "Sark is fine". I trust his opinion more than any of ours because he would have a better understanding of the game than we do. Just wanted to pass that along. 

And Terrance Mathis knows this how?! Here is one dude that says he’s fine with no personal foundation other than being a former player. 

Well, the logic....also, you conversed with him, or Spoke with him?

I respectfully disagree with Mr. Mathis. And since this thread is about his opinion, allow me to include my own:  

All the coordinators need to go, simply because every week all phases of this team play like sh*t.   

And if it weren't for his thus-far pretty successful record, I might even consider replacing the head coach, but he has earned one more year.  Barely.

⚡Slumerican⚡, UK13 and Halcon-1 like this

11 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Again, no running back, and a broken OL.

But I hear you. I just don’t understand all the Sark venom as bad as the defense has been. Hardly see any of these ‘fire Manuel’ threads when our defense is why this year’s team is not a playoff team. That and poor situational coaching by Quinn. 

Quinn was hired to fix the D. 4 years in, he obviously hasn’t. 

Believe me, I admitted to eating Crow on Sark after the Redskins game.  He finally put together a string of excellent games.  I was happy for him.  And all blame should absolutely not fall on him.  Can’t account for injuries...but I don’t think he is good at adjusting in game.  When forced off script we tend to stay on script.  And he is too pass happy.  Even when the run game struggles, keep trying.  It helps a depleted OL.  But we run 34% of the time.

Bottom line, Falcons have not eclipsed 20 points since November 4th.  It’s just not working which is the fault of more than Sark

Chitown2ATL_Falcon likes this

4 minutes ago, roguebeaver said:

And Terrance Mathis knows this how?! Here is one dude that says he’s fine with no personal foundation other than being a former player. 

Well, the logic....also, you conversed with him, or Spoke with him?

Come on man....Mathis carries 1000X more football cred than any knucklehead in here.

FalconsIn2012 likes this

17 minutes ago, Vandy said:

He has. I remember in the game against the Redskins it led to that ugly interception in the redzone.

Vandy likes this